Pages:
Author

Topic: Help! 5 things I think I know about crypto. Are they all wrong? - page 2. (Read 947 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Look into NEM, not trying to hype the project or anything.

It has a very steady valuation, the guy who started it disappeared and left it to other devs (meaning it has become decentralized).

But do some research and invest what you are willing to lose, nothing more. Do not panic and if you have faith in your investments, try to forget about them and check in once a month to see their status.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Hello

Decided to invest a small amount of money (maybe around €2k) into some crypto, in the hopes that I might make a good return over time.
I'm not up to speed on all this stuff and have read some conflicting points. Here is an outline of my very basic understanding so far. I would be really grateful if someone could correct any misunderstandings I may have.

1 - Ethereum is unlikely to "moon" because it is meant as a stable exchange token and the supply is copious and more can be introduced on a whim. It is unlikely to break the 10-20 dollar range.
Any truth in this? I read something along these lines recently and was rather disappointed.

2 - Similarly, the price of Ripple XRP, is unlikely to shoot up significantly.
Or am I way off target?

3 - The DAO, while interesting, will most likely be a failed project, but there are other DAOs to look forward to?

4 - Litecoin has some advantages over Bitcoin and is likely to grow, alongside Bitcoin.

5 - Bitcoin is the best investment because it stands the best chance of longterm success, and its depreciating nature ensures price growth.

Many thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: