Pages:
Author

Topic: Help - 90 BTC stolen - Possible to track down theif? - page 2. (Read 4322 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What asking him kindly?

He's got them now, if a bitcoin exchnage can't get a user to give back 511BTC that was accidently sent to them I doubt you'll have much luck.

There are many ways that I could possibly recover my bitcoins but the fact is that I need to track down the thief first anyway so there really is no point to going into detail about it here.  Please, if you don't have anything to contribute to my original question then don't post in this thread.

Did you get his name and email from paypal?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
If ya called the bitcoin police you probably would know.
Maybe the internet police works better since this is pretty internetsy stuff ya know.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
If ya called the bitcoin police you probably would know.
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
What asking him kindly?

He's got them now, if a bitcoin exchnage can't get a user to give back 511BTC that was accidently sent to them I doubt you'll have much luck.

There are many ways that I could possibly recover my bitcoins but the fact is that I need to track down the thief first anyway so there really is no point to going into detail about it here.  Please, if you don't have anything to contribute to my original question then don't post in this thread.
Activity: 25
What asking him kindly?

What are you going to do if you do track them down, get the police to arrest them?

I would probably first attempt to find a way to recover my bitcoins.
Activity: 25
What are you going to do if you do track them down, get the police to arrest them?
Whos Theif?

Are you trying to be humorous?
Activity: 42
Whos Theif?
Activity: 224
The untraceability of bitcoins is one of their biggest features.  allinvain spent months looking for his 25k btc... it's impossible to recover.  Sorry man.

Allinvain didn't lose any bitcoins. I'm about sick of people saying he did. He didn't even mention the alleged fact on his own blog AT ALL. There is no evidence it happened in bitexplorer.
He's a liar.

http://alansmoneyblog.com/2011/06/
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
The untraceability of bitcoins is one of their biggest features.  allinvain spent months looking for his 25k btc... it's impossible to recover.  Sorry man.
So no other ways to track this guy down?  There must be something that I haven't thought of!
Activity: 125
that sucks man.
I was stupid and listed them on eBay.  For some reason I thought that that extra layer would make it ok to sell through PayPal but I was obviously wrong as PayPal put the dispute in the thief's favor...
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
How were they stolen?
Is it possible to track down the thief who stole my 90 bitcoins?  It was taken in 2 transactions, both to the same destination address:
http://pi.uk.com/bitcoin/address/1FfoAXmHk14vSPzkSrDyYBjbGYujMX8JQj

I've been sending more bitcoins to that address (through dailybitcoins.org/) to try and get more IPs associated with the address but as far as I can tell they seem to be behind a proxy.

I emailed MtGox and TradeHill to see if any of the addresses are familiar to them and they are not.

Is there anyway to track this guy down??

Edit: new link for the address since it looks like pi.uk.com no longer does this:
https://blockchain.info/address/1FfoAXmHk14vSPzkSrDyYBjbGYujMX8JQj
Pages:
Jump to: