Pages:
Author

Topic: Help buying LTC / BTC in UK - page 2. (Read 1255 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 28, 2013, 04:34:34 PM
I used local bitcoin with no problem. It is easy.
You choose a seller and transfer the money to their UK account. Be warned, an internet bank transfer can take about two minute, two hours or doesn't happen until the next working day.

So from start to finish, how long typically does it take to get your bitcoins?

squish
Activity: 43
April 28, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
I used local bitcoin with no problem. It is easy.
You choose a seller and transfer the money to their UK account. Be warned, an internet bank transfer can take about two minute, two hours or doesn't happen until the next working day. It is a bit random, so don't get paranoid. The seller has to have the bitcoins in their wallet and they are held in escrow by the site so that any disputes can be adjudicated.
 I don't think there are many disputes.  The sellers just want to earn their percentage and many of them have hundreds of sales and loads of feedback and post their phone numbers. If you take the fees into account the rates are often the same as you would get at mtgox.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
April 28, 2013, 03:55:28 PM
It's crazy how hard it is to trade GBP for BTC/LTC.

The amount of hoops you have to jump through for the FSA recognise you as a legitimate exchange must be crazy.

BUT The first entity to work this out will make a lot of money!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
April 28, 2013, 03:53:16 PM
depending on requests and stuff i sometimes sell bitcoin for bank transfer or even cash based in the UK Cheesy near(never alot as i mine them all)
Activity: 24
April 28, 2013, 03:46:15 PM
It's really sad that us peeps in the UK have so few options to buy bitcoins.  I thought I would turn to mining to fix this, but now the people making mining kit require you to buy in bitcoins.  Very disappointing really.

Come on Max Keiser, build us an exchange!

squish
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
April 26, 2013, 11:40:53 AM
localbitcoins.com

bitbargain.com

both good sites for this in the UK - pretty much your only option now!
Activity: 22
April 26, 2013, 10:17:45 AM
Hey,

I bought btc via transferwise, sent it to bit stamp etc. and it was all going good - decided I wanted to add more money and transferwise are now saying they don't allow sending payments regarding bitcoins etc.  :/ Sad

Can anyone help me buy LTC + BTC from UK

Any other sites like transferwise etc. that dont require proving yourself with documents etc.?

TY Smiley

or anyone selling BTC-E codes ? Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: