Pages:
Author

Topic: Help Detroit with Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1573 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
March 10, 2014, 09:05:10 PM
You could lead a horse to the water, but you can't make them drink it.

Trying to pour money into a city that broke itself is not a solution. Misdirected and naive charity is worse than doing nothing.

Detroit used to be the greatest of American industrial centers until demographic change and shitty attitude of the city political figures ('Our city' LOL) drove it into the ground.

Don't waste your money on those useless beggars. They don't have what it takes to start over.

Agree. Detroit requires a generation or two to change. No amount of money can fix the issues going on there.
Activity: 839
Merit: 1004
March 10, 2014, 09:01:27 PM
If Detwat were a dog, I'd shoot it.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 10, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
Why the hell would I help Detroit? I didn't run Detroit into the ground. The people of Detroit, and their elected representatives, ran Detroit into the ground.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
March 10, 2014, 08:59:10 PM
Detroit's problems are not at root financial, that is the symptom not the disease.

They are moral, cultural and spiritual. Until those problems are rectified pouring money into a blackhole is sustaining the decay not alleviating it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
March 10, 2014, 08:48:59 PM
You could lead a horse to the water, but you can't make them drink it.

Trying to pour money into a city that broke itself is not a solution. Misdirected and naive charity is worse than doing nothing.

Detroit used to be the greatest of American industrial centers until demographic change and shitty attitude of the city political figures ('Our city' LOL) drove it into the ground.

Don't waste your money on those useless beggars. They don't have what it takes to start over.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
March 10, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
So , from the beginning you post the address where people should donate.
No discussion what to do not nothing , no proof of who you are ...

This is not going to work. With the amount of daily scammers without real proof you are willing to do that with the funds nobody will or should give you one satoshi

btw , why the hell a domainbyproxy when you're willing to help...even more suspicious
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
March 10, 2014, 08:42:57 PM
Well the skepticism is healthy, even if a bit cynical, but I do like your idea of putting specific items to BTC bids, so in the meantime we are soliciting volunteers who can identify houses, or projects such as those described above, that would be good candidates.

Please contact [email protected] to see how you can help and either way donations will not be refused.

so you dont live in detroit then? to be actively involved.

the community does not like middle men. check out seans outpost as an example, where the guy that posted the donations address is the same guy making the sandwiches for the homeless.
Activity: 36
March 10, 2014, 08:24:23 PM
Well the skepticism is healthy, even if a bit cynical, but I do like your idea of putting specific items to BTC bids, so in the meantime we are soliciting volunteers who can identify houses, or projects such as those described above, that would be good candidates.

Please contact [email protected] to see how you can help and either way donations will not be refused.
legendary
March 10, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
Fair questions.  

I am hoping this gains a bit of traction quickly so we can put together some pictures and progress reports of the first houses we rehab or get started on.   Then keep a running log on the site to compare to the blockchain so people can see where their money went and how it made a difference.

Right now this is just a small seedling of an idea from some people with good intentions.

We will post pictures and proof on the website when it gains traction.   Any suggestions of what to post to quell understandably skeptical people?

how about talk to some people in the detroit community. like some existant charities, or even walk around the area and take some "before" pictures of the area.

EG
picture of a house with a badly kept garden and put a bounty up saying 0.05BTC to cut the lawn, then have a objective at 0.1btc to put pot plants in the garden then 0.2btc to paint the house.

that way people can see things more clearly and simply vote for the house/area/activity they want to help.

but i still wait for the evidence that this is not just a brainfart to get funds. pictures of the area before any work is done and the necessary paperwork do not need funds to kick things off. but definitely show that something has kicked off.

again instant pages by godaddy, and hiding anonymously is not a good start for someone claiming to be transparent and asking for funds.

1000's of people in the bitcoin community are getting sick of anonymous extortionists playing the charity game. if you do live in detroit and do have a charitable bone in your body, be transparent.
March 10, 2014, 08:05:59 PM
Fair questions. 

I am hoping this gains a bit of traction quickly so we can put together some pictures and progress reports of the first houses we rehab or get started on.   Then keep a running log on the site to compare to the blockchain so people can see where their money went and how it made a difference.

Right now this is just a small seedling of an idea from some people with good intentions.

We will post pictures and proof on the website when it gains traction.   Any suggestions of what to post to quell understandably skeptical people?
legendary
March 10, 2014, 07:58:26 PM
I admire the concept behind Aurora.  However, I would like to see a similar effort take place using Bitcoin.
Therefore I would like to announce a new Bitcoin effort to help the city of Detroit!

We are currently soliciting volunteers and donations to help put together a site and see if we cant help a city that desperately needs it. Also, to do it with the support of the BTC community using bitcoin.  The money raised will be used to beautify Detroit neighborhoods and help to revitalize the city.

Additionally money donated will be spent on Detroit projects and can be audited against the blockchain.

Help by donating or volunteering today or posting constructive comments (hopefully)!  

1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m   or [email protected]

can you prove you live in or near detroit
can you prove you have the paperwork needed to do whats needed.

alot of people have in the past posted idea's with no evidence that the project will start. so please do not be one of these people. please show some work in progress.

also instantpage from godaddy. not a good start
March 10, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
I admire the concept behind Aurora.  However, I would like to see a similar effort take place using Bitcoin.
Therefore I would like to announce a new Bitcoin effort to help the city of Detroit!

We are currently soliciting volunteers and donations to help put together a site and see if we cant help a city that desperately needs it. Also, to do it with the support of the BTC community using bitcoin.  The money raised will be used to beautify Detroit neighborhoods and help to revitalize the city.

Additionally money donated will be spent on Detroit projects and can be audited against the blockchain.

Help by donating or volunteering today or posting constructive comments (hopefully)!   

1DetRoitbfHwrjeiMVKSN9xpexYotQcx7m   or [email protected]
Pages:
Jump to: