Pages:
Author

Topic: Help dual 6990 card not able to run with poclbm - page 2. (Read 5254 times)

Activity: 696
Merit: 500
There may be some problems when mining on slave GPUs with latest poclbm version.

What problems are you talkign about?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
No my setup is different from that. The error I was correcting stemmed from 11.3 and 2.3 I think. Showing what your console says would be useful to help troubleshoot.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi Tycho I think i know what u mean, you are refering to the internal crossfire of 5970 right? I think 6990 might not have that option from the menu. Anyway I am running it in crossfire mode with the non gui version of poclbm. The hash rates however fluctuates alot and can't stay constant. Any solution for that? My previous 5970 + 5850 on that rig can run at 99% load. It really baffles me..But thanks alot for your advice
Activity: 742
Hi tycho thanks for the prompt reply, so you are saying that I have to attached the xfire cable?
Also by slaving u mean I can add addition GPUs inaddition to the 2x 6990?
Also which version would u recommend?
No, you don't need to attach the cable. Open your Catalyst Control Center, find a "CrossfireX" page and enable the checkbox for both cards.
Make sure that at least one monitor or dummy is plugged into each of the cards and enabled in CCC.

Each of the cards has two GPUs, one master and one slave. There may be some problems when mining on slave GPUs with latest poclbm version.
Hi tycho thanks for the prompt reply, so you are saying that I have to attached the xfire cable?

Also by slaving u mean I can add addition GPUs inaddition to the 2x 6990?

Also which version would u recommend?
Activity: 742
Hi thanks for the replies. I have connected a null adapter and is working as tested when i was using 5850 + 5970. It seems to have the same issue with a pair of 5970. As of now the best that I can get the miner to run is on 3 gpus leaving the 4th gpu to run at 48k. I have also tested each 6990 independently and all works well.

So is it a question of windows + miner not being able to run 2 x 6990 or 2 x 5970? I have tested with crossfire cable attached it works but at a very low hash rate. Without the cable attached and I can get 3 out of 4 gpu cores mining properly. This is a troubling issue as I have just purchased these 6990.

Quick question does windows 7 support 2 x 6990 + 2 x 5970 ? I read some where that it does and some where that it doesnt. Has anyone tested it?
I'm mining on Windows XP with 2x5970, works fine but you have to enable CrossfireX on BOTH cards in CCC (for all 4 GPU to be available in poclbm) and use old version of poclbm on slave GPUs.
thelasttrueone

did u manage to get 2 x 6990 or 2 x 5970 running without xfire in windows 7 with that flag? I tried but it will not run. I am totally at a loss now.
Hi thanks for the replies. I have connected a null adapter and is working as tested when i was using 5850 + 5970. It seems to have the same issue with a pair of 5970. As of now the best that I can get the miner to run is on 3 gpus leaving the 4th gpu to run at 48k. I have also tested each 6990 independently and all works well.

So is it a question of windows + miner not being able to run 2 x 6990 or 2 x 5970? I have tested with crossfire cable attached it works but at a very low hash rate. Without the cable attached and I can get 3 out of 4 gpu cores mining properly. This is a troubling issue as I have just purchased these 6990.

Quick question does windows 7 support 2 x 6990 + 2 x 5970 ? I read some where that it does and some where that it doesnt. Has anyone tested it?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Could be the same problem I was having, try adding "--platform=0" to the arguments box.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
You may need one of those null video connects. Also try disabling crossfire temporarily and see if you're able to address the video card cores.
Hi I just bought 2 6990 cards and installed on windows 7 with catalyst 11.4 preview. Running the gui poclbm latest version, the speed shown in the summary page remains connected. I have tried 11.3 and still the same. It works when 1 card is installed and doesn't for all gpu cores when 2 cards are installed. Anyone having the same issue?

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: