Pages:
Author

Topic: help for canceling my zero fee transaction with 2.1 BTC... - page 2. (Read 2160 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
For CPFP you'll have to send the change output with higher fee. For RBF I'm not entirely sure (haven't tested) but there's someone have a tool for it on this thread.
AFAIK for CPFP you need to have a mining pool that has it implemented. I'm not aware of such (besides Eligius ?).

Isn't CPFP built into Core now (as of 0.13.0)?

See here:

- snip -

Mining transaction selection ("Child Pays For Parent")

The mining transaction selection algorithm has been replaced with an algorithm
that selects transactions based on their fee rate inclusive of unconfirmed
ancestor transactions.  This means that a low-fee transaction can become more
likely to be selected if a high-fee transaction that spends its outputs is
relayed.

- snip -

0.13.0 Change log

This overview includes changes that affect
behavior, not code moves, refactors and string updates. For convenience in locating
the code changes and accompanying discussion, both the pull request and
git merge commit are mentioned.

- snip -

Mining

- snip -

- - #7600 `66db2d6` Select transactions using feerate-with-ancestors (sdaftuar)

- snip -

Go to the console and enter abandontransaction txid (replace txid with your tx) or run bitcoin-qt.exe with -zapwallettexes command.
-snip-
Wouldn't it be easier to import the private key into another wallet and attempt a double spend with a high fee? This should save time.

Why would it be faster to do all of the following than just running "abandontransaction" or "bitcoin-qt.exe with -zapwallettexes command line option"?
  • Find and export the necessary private key
  • Set up a whole new wallet
  • Import the necessary private key

Activity: 629
Merit: 501
Experientia docet
For CPFP you'll have to send the change output with higher fee. For RBF I'm not entirely sure (haven't tested) but there's someone have a tool for it on this thread.
AFAIK for CPFP you need to have a mining pool that has it implemented. I'm not aware of such (besides Eligius ?).

-snip-

After that you'll have to wait sometime for nodes to drop your transaction (takes a day or two) before sending again.
Wouldn't it be easier to import the private key into another wallet and attempt a double spend with a high fee? This should save time.

Yes the only pool that have implemented CPFP is eligius (AFAIK anyway). Importing the keys and attempting a double spend won't work if the transaction is still well propagated, but I just noticed that OP's tx is already poorly propagated so it should be fine sending with other wallet or not waiting using core.

Also there's another alternative method of contacting pool owners to get the tx included in a block.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

-snip-

After that you'll have to wait sometime for nodes to drop your transaction (takes a day or two) before sending again.
Experientia docet
Thanks.. I am using bitcoin core 0.12... Can you give like for how to delete the  transaction ?

You can't cancel a transaction whenever you want. You can use RBF or CPFP, but cancelling is a no-no.

Edit:
What wallet you're using? If you're using bitcoin core you can delete the transaction and wait till most of the network forgets about it before re-sending the transaction with higher fee.

Go to the console and enter abandontransaction txid (replace txid with your tx) or run bitcoin-qt.exe with -zapwallettexes command. First one doesn't work in some cases for some reason. For the second method, if you're using windows refer to this post. For linux/mac open the terminal/console and enter the same thing with only difference being the directory.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Thanks.. I am using bitcoin core 0.12... Can you give like for how to delete the  transaction ?

You can't cancel a transaction whenever you want. You can use RBF or CPFP, but cancelling is a no-no.

Edit:
What wallet you're using? If you're using bitcoin core you can delete the transaction and wait till most of the network forgets about it before re-sending the transaction with higher fee.
Experientia docet

Edit:
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

I made a payment by using the zero fee transaction option 7 days (since Aug 23) ago and still have 0 conformation.. Anyone please give me some suggestion for how to cancel this transaction and  what should i need to do ? following is the detail of this transaction

https://blockchain.info/address/1JvYyMcpL12zZrspX4PXRy54BCsTfAyWXM

https://blockchain.info/tx/0d214e4818a606d0255564556c5b3b9424e1d6dad177823ba935f8253b952663
Pages:
Jump to: