Pages:
Author

Topic: HELP: Hacked Wallet - page 3. (Read 398 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
December 08, 2021, 04:05:06 AM
I am not familiar with Metamask, but after finding out how you've got hacked and clean up the system if needed, you should consider the old wallet compromised and create a new clean wallet.
And I keep preaching it: consider buying a hardware wallet.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
December 08, 2021, 02:59:55 AM
AFAIK, Metamask can't be hacked unless you give Authorization to the site you've connected with, so if you gave the access already then your wallet is already compromised so if you see any balance leftover there better move to a new wallet as soon as possible and never do such kind of mistake again.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
December 08, 2021, 02:57:57 AM
Did you set up the nodes yourself or did you have someone else do it for you?
Also, did you verify the extension being added, the Strongblock Ponzi or project is becoming quite popular and this is sure to attract scammers who would create fake versions to get into user's wallets.

Now that the MM wallet has been hacked, what should I do?Huh?
There's really nothing you can do as the coins are already gone besides checking for the loophole and ensuring it does not affect any other app on your device.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
December 08, 2021, 02:51:57 AM
Now that the MM wallet has been hacked, what should I do?Huh?
Can you not change the wallet connected to the node? Can't you also use another better wallet that is not a web wallet? Just saying this because one thing j hate about Metamask wallet is that it is vulnerable to hacks because it is a web wallet. There will be a way you can change the wallet or address that can be used.
Activity: 59
Merit: 7
December 08, 2021, 02:31:06 AM
I set my Metamask wallet up to be a chrome extension on my computer yesterday and someone hacked into it and stole all of my coins/tokens. The thing is, I'd just signed up for a program where you create nodes thru Strongblock and get paid passive income to host that node on the ethereum network, meaning that node is connected/Affiliated with your wallet. There is no reversing it and you have to have the node associated with a wallet. Now that the MM wallet has been hacked, what should I do?Huh?
Pages:
Jump to: