Pages:
Author

Topic: HELP! i lost my wallet using system restore! - page 2. (Read 7445 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 02, 2012, 04:02:31 PM
so i restored my computer to the 1/26/2012 before i made any changes to user profiles. and my wallet is still empty with a different bitcoin address.  I found the wallet.dat file in %appdata%\bitcoin  but it says it was created an hour ago.  so that might be the wrong wallet.dat???  
Activity: 531
Merit: 505
February 02, 2012, 03:48:32 PM
User Casascius has some experience with finding the wallet through disk sectors. I would recommend to stop using that filesystem ASAP and contact him to help you.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
February 02, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
I know im a retard, i didnt back up my wallet.  what happened was i had a user profile that was corrupted so i made a new user and deleted my corrupted user profile.  then i realized that i didnt have bitcoin anymore so i did a system restore and my bitcoin wallet was empty with a different address!  is there any possible way to recover my wallet?
Probably wasn't caused directly by system restore, but by deleting the profile. Wallet.dat is stored in %appdata%\Bitcoin in the specific user profile on windows.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 02, 2012, 03:33:54 PM
I know im a retard, i didnt back up my wallet.  what happened was i had a user profile that was corrupted so i made a new user and deleted my corrupted user profile.  then i realized that i didnt have bitcoin anymore so i did a system restore and my bitcoin wallet was empty with a different address!  is there any possible way to recover my wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: