Pages:
Author

Topic: Help me take [btc] at my wood oven pizza restaurant in Brooklyn NY - page 2. (Read 1567 times)

lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
..have the person scan and pay me, and then I could pay their check with my credit card, earning points on my CC and accumulating Btc that I could then sell or hold as I saw fit.

are you sure that u are not breaking any laws at this step?
technically you are acting as money exchange service without registration, right?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Amateur Professional
I spent 20 minutes typing a reply, and the fucking forum ate it... I can't even go back to save it, nice... This has got to be one of the worse forums there is...

I'll just summarize: Cheap android device, with camera, and a charger that sound an alarm when it's unplugged, integrate the order tracking from a custom app into the database using their giftcard function or something, and at closing, either move the coins to a cold wallet, or a custom bitpay transaction.
Activity: 336
AKA jefdiesel
As to the coinkite, the problem is we already have a POS system, two terminals, 4 printers, all set up and running. These things aren't cheap, so replacing the whole thing just to take Btc won't happen.

The system we use is called Restaurant Manager  http://www.rmpos.com/
AKA jefdiesel
BryanK

You can come anytime I'm here and purchase a pizza with Btc. I'm totally prepared to do it now and always when I'm working (tues - sat 2pm to close..)

Goal is to get the system integrated and running seven days.

And while you are here, there is a guy that runs two delis, a frozen yogurt place and a brunch restaurant a few blocks away.. and yes he is on my list of people to talk to about this..

Amateur Professional
https://coinkite.com

Ahhhh the power of GOOGLE!

I'm not sure how your POS terminal is set up wiht windows, but if it's like the DPZ terminals I have interacted with a few years ago, they would work with this.
Activity: 812
BTW - If you ever get this up and running. I live in upstate NY. I will Drive down and purchase a pizza via bitcoin Smiley!
Activity: 812
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Interested to see if anyone has ideas for this.  QR code on the receipt seems like a great idea, but it sounds like the problem is the lack of software integration with what is already in place for this Point of Sale machine.  
AKA jefdiesel
Hey WalkingGlitch

Thanks for the idea, but that would involve some pretty deep level integration wouldn't it?

The unique QR code would have to connect to wallet right?

Amateur Professional
If you can get the POS system to print out a unique QR code on each receipt, you could have it print a code for a bitpay address, and then they can scan the code off the receipt, and once they pay, you can give them the receipt and the product.
AKA jefdiesel
Hi All

I posted this in the newb earlier today, but there seems to be less traffic in there.

I am the general manager for a cool, busy, and top ten rated pizza restaurant in Brooklyn NY. I am trying to get the owner to agree to accept BTC, but first I need to sort out some things..

We use a Microsoft based touch screen Point Of Sale system, and of course it doesn't support Btc. I even called the support desk, and they weren't even sure what I was talking about.

All our sales MUST go through the POS, so the items will be entered in there, taxes paid, etc..

The SIMPLEST way would be for me to convert the price of the check using Preev or whatever, then request that amount on my phone, have the person scan and pay me, and then I could pay their check with my credit card, earning points on my CC and accumulating Btc that I could then sell or hold as I saw fit.

This works only when I'm at the restaurant, so nights off, etc, we would have a break in the chain.

IDEALLY  I would like the POS to print the price in USD and Btc, and even stick a QR code on the receipt? As well work towards a payment processor that could take the Btc and hold or convert, much like coinbase does for online sales.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Any thoughts on convincing the owner to take the plunge?

Any other people out there running retail sales with Btc? How do you do it?

How about a show of support from the crowd?

Maybe send a few satoshis here 14SFhT9Wp1wbHo8LonPiEJ3c3ZeurXh6ZR and I'll show him the demand for pizza..

And if you're in Clinton Hill, I will accept payment directly for PIZZA delivered RIGHT NOW!

Pages:
Jump to: