Pages:
Author

Topic: HELP ME! Wallet corrupt? 0,03 BTC for who can fix this issue - page 2. (Read 3405 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 100
i have found the words but are 16 words  Huh
It is hard to say from your description.
If the original PC you were using had disk problems it could be related to that.
PCs aren't perfect, which is what backups are for.

how can find a program exe for do a bruteforce?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
It is hard to say from your description.
If the original PC you were using had disk problems it could be related to that.
PCs aren't perfect, which is what backups are for.
@paputa The reason why we ask you to write down your wallet words is exactly for the scenario you have encountered so it is unfortunate you have not done this.

With your wallet words it is straightforward to recover your bitcoins. In MultiBit HD the wallet directory has a structure (in various ways that I will skip over here) which means you CANNOT just 'copy some files' and expect things to work. That is the whole reason why we implemented the zip and cloud backups.

For instance, the encryptedPassword is to support password recovery for when people forget their password. It is encrypted with a one way function of the wallet words. You do not have the wallet words.

The encryptedBackupKey is an AES key derived from your wallet words and encrypted with your wallet password that is used to encrypt your cloud backups. To recover your zip/cloud backups you need your wallet words.

@f3tus We take great care in writing out wallets. When we write out the wallets in HD we:
1) check the decryption of the wallet bytes is reversible in memory
2) copy the existing wallet file to a rolling back up (there are 4 of these)
3) write out the wallet, check the size is ok
4) secure delete the oldest rolling back up

Plus there are a local zip backups and cloud backups described here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/backups.html

The user MUST know their wallet words to recover their backups.
The rolling backups (4 of them) load sequentially automatically so it is very unlikely all of them have write errors.

Even if all these backups fail because MultiBit HD is fully deterministic you can recover your bitcoins in MultiBit HD (or Lighthouse if you like) from your wallet words.

tl;dr You must write down your wallet words when you create a wallet in MultiBit HD to ensure the safety of your bitcoin.

ok but why the correct password not work? i have only close the program and reopen
legendary
@paputa The reason why we ask you to write down your wallet words is exactly for the scenario you have encountered so it is unfortunate you have not done this.

With your wallet words it is straightforward to recover your bitcoins. In MultiBit HD the wallet directory has a structure (in various ways that I will skip over here) which means you CANNOT just 'copy some files' and expect things to work. That is the whole reason why we implemented the zip and cloud backups.

For instance, the encryptedPassword is to support password recovery for when people forget their password. It is encrypted with a one way function of the wallet words. You do not have the wallet words.

The encryptedBackupKey is an AES key derived from your wallet words and encrypted with your wallet password that is used to encrypt your cloud backups. To recover your zip/cloud backups you need your wallet words.

@f3tus We take great care in writing out wallets. When we write out the wallets in HD we:
1) check the decryption of the wallet bytes is reversible in memory
2) copy the existing wallet file to a rolling back up (there are 4 of these)
3) write out the wallet, check the size is ok
4) secure delete the oldest rolling back up

Plus there are a local zip backups and cloud backups described here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/backups.html

The user MUST know their wallet words to recover their backups.
The rolling backups (4 of them) load sequentially automatically so it is very unlikely all of them have write errors.

Even if all these backups fail because MultiBit HD is fully deterministic you can recover your bitcoins in MultiBit HD (or Lighthouse if you like) from your wallet words.

tl;dr You must write down your wallet words when you create a wallet in MultiBit HD to ensure the safety of your bitcoin.

in the file .yaml  i have found
encryptedPassword
encryptedBackupKey
in conclusion? with all those people did not understand what to do Embarrassed
Your hard drive corrupted the files. The password is correct, but the files are damaged and cannot get decrypted... Data recovery is the only option.

I don't know why this only seems to happen with MultiBit files, though. I've never heard of corrupted files/decryption issues with other Bitcoin wallets... They must save the date in a safer way or something?
i have the backup in the directory of multibit hd but not work.
Activity: 317
Merit: 275
Your hard drive corrupted the files. The password is correct, but the files are damaged and cannot get decrypted... Data recovery is the only option.

I don't know why this only seems to happen with MultiBit files, though. I've never heard of corrupted files/decryption issues with other Bitcoin wallets... They must save the data in a safer way or something?
Maybe your password was all in capitals when you typed it because you didn't notice the caps lock key was on or your password is backwards.
nope  Embarrassed

however i seen with the brute force that the password is correct  Undecided

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Right read this link I've posted maybe this will help. This explains another method of recovery. Hope it works out hitting the sack

https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit/issues/620

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
In holiday we trust
Maybe your password was all in capitals when you typed it because you didn't notice the caps lock key was on or your password is backwards.
nope  Embarrassed

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Right read this link I've posted maybe this will help. This explains another method of recovery. Hope it works out hitting the sack

https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit/issues/620
nope  Embarrassed

Angry Angry Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
In holiday we trust
i know, tonight i will try,but if i can't recovery the words from the hd?
i lost the btc?
legendary
If you can recover your wallet words then you can click on the 'Restore' button on the password entry screen and it starts a wizard to guide you through the recovery process.
because i have saved the words in the file txt and the system and hd gone in crash, tonigh i will try recuva for recovery files from HD...
however the correct password not work! why??
i had only close multibit and reopen

lost about 80-90$
legendary
Are you absolutely sure you have lost your wallet words ?
If you have them you can:

+ recover everything from a cloud backup if you have one
+ recover your bitcoins even if you don't have a cloud backup
+ recover your wallet password

If you DO NOT have your wallet words then your options are very limited.
Please have a think as to what you did when you were shown your wallet words at wallet creation. You must have put them somewhere because you had to type them in again on the verification screen. Did you write them on a scrap of paper ?

Every time MultiBit HD writes out a wallet it:
1) Encrypts them with the password you entered
2) Then DEcrypts them in memory and double checks the wallet is the same as before
3) Writes out the encrypted file and check the file size is what it should be.

Thus as long as you type in the password EXACTLY the same as when you created the wallet it should decrypt (because we have already decrypted it to double check the decryption works). You'll have to try things like case changes, transpositions etc with your password but really your wallet words is what you need.
i have wallet HD,i lost the words, i not have the key,i have only the files, i tried the wallet on another pc but not work,the wallet show that can't unlock the wallet (but the password is correct)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Call me Alice. just Alice.
do you have your Wallet seed or a private key? if so you could upload the coins to a new wallet.
legendary
If you are using MultiBit Classic, this support note on using wallet backups may be useful:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_walletBackups.html

If you are using MultiBit HD, try restoring one of the cloud backups, or recovering from your wallet words.
Help:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/restore-wallet.html
had blocked payments (did not update) I closed and reopened and said the password unlock the portfolio, yet it is the one, I tried it with a brute force light, the password is so damaged? I had about half a bitcoin

sorry for my english,will pay 0,03 BTC for who can fix this issue
thank you
Pages:
Jump to: