Pages:
Author

Topic: Help Needed with a Stuck Transaction - page 2. (Read 384 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
April 09, 2024, 07:58:14 AM
With the decreasing fees, it looks like we're nearing the target, doesn't it? If anyone would like a tip, feel free to send me a private message or share your USDT TRC-20 wallet address. Thanks for the assistance, everyone!
Considering the current mempool[1], I would say that your transaction will be confirmed in the next couple of hours (or even in the next hour). mocacinno previous commentary is still gold - consider having your funds in a non custodial wallets so that you have more liberty regarding ownership (amongst other benefits).

[1]https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC,24h,weight
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 09, 2024, 07:55:03 AM
With the decreasing fees, it looks like we're nearing the target, doesn't it? If anyone would like a tip, feel free to send me a private message or share your USDT TRC-20 wallet address. Thanks for the assistance, everyone!
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 09, 2024, 07:48:31 AM
just FYI, it has been said before, but child pays for parent is ideal for situations where you're the receiver... And it wouldn't be to expensive either... If you'd use the output of the stuck transaction as input for a new one with a fee of ~4700 sat, it would probably go trough pretty fast.
It's not possible for OP to do CPFP.
The receiving address belongs to binance and there is no change in the transaction.

--snip--

whoops, i kind of missed the fact that it was a custodial wallet... I did read OP tried to use binance accelerator, but i had no idear this also meanth he used binance as a wallet... I assumed binance was just offering a tx accelerator for the broader public (i'm not really familiar with the service offered by custodial services).

OP, it's just hindsight now, but in the future it might be a good idear to switch to a non custodial wallet... It's really not a good idear to keep funds on custodial wallets (or exchange wallets).
April 09, 2024, 07:48:14 AM
just FYI, it has been said before, but child pays for parent is ideal for situations where you're the receiver... And it wouldn't be to expensive either... If you'd use the output of the stuck transaction as input for a new one with a fee of ~4700 sat, it would probably go trough pretty fast.
The receiving address belongs to binance and there is no change in the transaction.

I may have adopted Bitcoin early, but I lack technical expertise. Can you assist me in this regard? I'm willing to cover any expenses incurred for your help.
You can do CPFP, only if you have control over an output of the transaction. Since you have sent the fund to a custodial service, you don't have control over the output of the tranaction and you can't do CPFP.

Thanks a lot for the help to the both of you.

Last time this happen to me was 5-7 years ago.

Guess I will have to wait.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
April 09, 2024, 07:45:54 AM

I may have adopted Bitcoin early, but I lack technical expertise. Can you assist me in this regard? I'm willing to cover any expenses incurred for your help.
You can do CPFP, only if you have control over an output of the transaction. Since you have sent the fund to a custodial service, you don't have control over the output of the tranaction and you can't do CPFP.
legendary
April 09, 2024, 07:43:53 AM
--snip--
Hi Mocacinno

It wouldn't cost me anything to help you... And your cost would basically just be the fee for the CPFP (which has to be high enough to cover the fee for both the stuck and the cpfp tx). Which wallet are you using? Wether or not we can help you out greatly depends on this answer tough... It has been said before: if it's a custodial wallet, you're more or less stuck, but if it's non-custodial, odds are good you can do a cpfp.

I wrote a tutorial to guide newbies a long time ago in case they were using electrum as their wallet (electrum can import most seed phrases, private keys and can be used with many hardware wallets) ... My server went down, and so did the screenshots... But maybe the text is enough to guide you? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--5285192
April 09, 2024, 07:41:24 AM
just FYI, it has been said before, but child pays for parent is ideal for situations where you're the receiver... And it wouldn't be to expensive either... If you'd use the output of the stuck transaction as input for a new one with a fee of:

177 bytes for the stuck (parent) tx + 200 bytes (rounded up) for the child transaction = 277 Vbytes. The "ideal" fee according to https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC,24h,weight is ~25 sat/vbyte.
277*25 = 6925 (let's round up to 7000).

Your parent already payed ~2300 sats in fees, so if you'd create a child tx with a fee of 4700 sat, the miners would have an incentive to add both tx's to their block...

Hi Mocacinno

You are saying it cost 3.5 USD ill be willing to send you 10 USD if you get it unstuck Smiley
legendary
April 09, 2024, 07:39:04 AM

177 vbytes for the stuck (parent) tx + 200 vbytes (rounded up) for the child transaction = 277 Vbytes. The "ideal" fee according to https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#BTC,24h,weight is ~25 sat/vbyte.
277*25 = 6925 (let's round up to 7000).

Your parent already payed ~2300 sats in fees, so if you'd create a child tx with a fee of 4700 sat, the miners would have an incentive to add both tx's to their block... At current preev rate, that's about $3,5... So, if you do a cpfp, you can get your tx unstuck right now for a measily $3,5.

Or, yeah, you can wait... that would work to... If your tx isn't confirmed in one or two days, you can always go for a cpfp.
April 09, 2024, 07:17:19 AM
How long would it take to be confirmed by it self do you recon ?
Maybe till tomorrow. But it depends if the mempool become less congested.

But I can see the mempool fee rate increasing. If you need the coin very fast. If it is a noncustodial wallet, you can just send the unconfirmed coin or part of it to a new address on your wallet and use something like 28 sat/vbyte for the new transaction. For the two transactions (the transaction you are especting the coin and the transaction you want to use spend the unconfirmed coin), that would be around 20 sat/vbyte for each.

If your wallet do not support spending unconfirmed transaction, import your seed phrase on Electrum to do it.

Hello Charles-Tim, thank you for your assistance. It seems I'll need to be patient since I'm the receiver, not the sender.

It's incredibly frustrating; the status keeps fluctuating from "confirmed in 30 minutes" to various other timeframes like 19, 28, or 38 minutes, with no actual confirmation.

Yesterday, someone spammed the network and increased the required fee rate to more than 30 sat/vbyte.
In the last few hours, the mempools became less congested and at the time I am writing this post, transactions with the fee rate of 14 sat/vbyte are being confirmed.
I expect your transaction to be confirmed in less than 2 hours. (This is assuming the network won't be attacked by spammers again.)

Thanks a lot. I really do hope so Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
April 09, 2024, 07:15:10 AM
Yesterday, someone spammed the network and increased the required fee rate to more than 30 sat/vbyte.
In the last few hours, the mempools became less congested and at the time I am writing this post, transactions with the fee rate of 14 sat/vbyte are being confirmed.
I expect your transaction to be confirmed in less than 2 hours. (This is assuming the network won't be attacked by spammers again.)
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
April 09, 2024, 07:11:04 AM
Maybe till tomorrow. But it depends if the mempool become less congested.

But I can see the mempool fee rate increasing. If you need the coin very fast. If it is a noncustodial wallet, you can just send the unconfirmed coin or part of it to a new address on your wallet and use something like 28 sat/vbyte for the new transaction. For the two transactions (the transaction you are especting the coin and the transaction you want to use spend the unconfirmed coin), that would be around 20 sat/vbyte for each.

If your wallet do not support spending unconfirmed transaction, import your seed phrase on Electrum to do it.
April 09, 2024, 07:01:09 AM
What can I do that's a cheap option ?
The fee rate that the sender used is 12.927 sat/vbyte. The mempool high fee priority presently is 14 sat/vbyte. If you can just wait, it will be better.

You can use child-pay-for-parent if it is sent to your noncustodial wallet, but no need of wasting money in fee. Wait.

April 09, 2024, 06:47:14 AM
Bitcoin acceleration services - Fee comparison

Check Antpool, it's the most affordable and you can pay using Tron which is low fees.

Not support RBF and you send the coins to Binance, so the only way is using accelerator.

I gave AntPool a shot, hoping they could help out, but I hit a bit of a roadblock. They require SMS verification, but for some reason, I'm not receiving any SMS to my phone number. It's been a bit frustrating, to be honest.

Do you have any other suggestions or know any workarounds? Your insights would be much appreciated.

The fee rate that the sender used is 12.927 sat/vbyte. The mempool high fee priority presently is 14 sat/vbyte. If you can just wait, it will be better.

You can use child-pay-for-parent if it is sent to your noncustodial wallet, but no need of wasting money in fee. Wait.

Ok, I will try to wait.

To all that helped send a USDT TRC 20 wallet Smiley I will give you all gift like thanks.
legendary
April 09, 2024, 06:45:54 AM

Activity: 672
Merit: 557
April 09, 2024, 06:40:04 AM
Bitcoin acceleration services - Fee comparison

Check Antpool, it's the most affordable and you can pay using Tron which is low fees.

Not support RBF and you send the coins to Binance, so the only way is using accelerator.
April 09, 2024, 06:39:39 AM
Hey Bitcoin Talk,

Hope you're doing well. I've got a bit of a snag with a transaction that's gone stuck, and I'm looking for some help getting it sorted. I've checked out VIABTC and Binance accelerators, but they're a bit pricey for me.

Do you happen to know any cheaper alternatives or offer any services that could help out with this? Any tips or guidance would be awesome.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
BTCSUMUP

Hopefully I placed it in the right category

If it doesn't hurt your privacy, it could be a good idear to post the tx id...

Other than accelerators offered by big pools, you could potentially bump the fee (if you created an opt-in rbf tx) or a cpfp (if you're the receiver, or if you received change). Both will be cheaper than paying viabtc, but both are conditional (they only work if they are opt-in rbf or one of the addresses you controll was funded by the stuck tx)

It was a transaction sent to me.

https://mempool.space/tx/65c884264ecd1361f0b4cc08ec90162e9a17da9965722fa10aced9da2c2acfbb

legendary
April 09, 2024, 06:34:43 AM
Which wallet did you use? Is it having RBF? What is the fee rate that you used? I mean in sat/vbyte? Or you can give us your txid if you are not bothered of people knowing about it just as mocacinno posted already.
legendary
April 09, 2024, 06:33:31 AM
Hey Bitcoin Talk,

Hope you're doing well. I've got a bit of a snag with a transaction that's gone stuck, and I'm looking for some help getting it sorted. I've checked out VIABTC and Binance accelerators, but they're a bit pricey for me.

Do you happen to know any cheaper alternatives or offer any services that could help out with this? Any tips or guidance would be awesome.

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
BTCSUMUP

If it doesn't hurt your privacy, it could be a good idear to post the tx id...

Other than accelerators offered by big pools, you could potentially bump the fee (if you created an opt-in rbf tx) or a cpfp (if you're the receiver, or if you received change). Both will be cheaper than paying viabtc, but both are conditional (they only work if they are opt-in rbf or one of the addresses you controll was funded by the stuck tx)
April 09, 2024, 06:30:56 AM
Hey Bitcoin Talk,

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
BTCSUMUP

Pages:
Jump to: