Pages:
Author

Topic: Help on general mining ? - page 2. (Read 252 times)

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
June 27, 2023, 04:45:51 PM
In that case, forget about mining with your current hardware.

Your only chance is to leave your CPU running, mining solo and hoping to get lucky enough to find a block. However, there's very little chance of this happening with low-end hardware. It would be a waste of electricity, and you'd be better off buying coins directly with that money. Because, for example, even if you solo mine XMR on your own, even if by some miracle you have a block, you'd only earn around 0.8 XMR, and that could take several years.
In fact, if I was him, I would just sell off that PC to fetch whatever dollars it can and then buy an altcoin that I believe could grow in price in the next bull Market. It's so easy to do this in a bear market knowing that in 1–2 years when the bull market is back, the coins or tokens can easily go x5 ROI and above. Now there is no way he will get even a half of x5 ROI in the 1–2 years using his current hardware to mine
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221
June 26, 2023, 09:22:47 PM
im not talking cents a month

Yes you are. Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 26, 2023, 04:39:03 PM
Hi i have a low end pc with integrated graphics intel i5 2400 i was wondering is is somehow thgrouh mining some coin to be able to earn/mine some cash im not talking cents a month

In that case, forget about mining with your current hardware.

Your only chance is to leave your CPU running, mining solo and hoping to get lucky enough to find a block. However, there's very little chance of this happening with low-end hardware. It would be a waste of electricity, and you'd be better off buying coins directly with that money. Because, for example, even if you solo mine XMR on your own, even if by some miracle you have a block, you'd only earn around 0.8 XMR, and that could take several years.

To mine, either you invest the means (financial, infrastructure, electricity) and you do it properly, or you don't and you buy your coins directly. If you have nothing to invest, it's better not to waste your time and risk damaging your hardware.

(tdlr : integrated graphics won't help in case of mining, and a i5 2400 is way far of being profitable)
copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
June 26, 2023, 03:03:38 PM
If you don't want mining coins in the value of cents, then forget about it. It's a low spec CPU in terms of mining, you will even be lucky to make any profits, if you consider the cost of power in your locality.

These approximations of calculators can give you a rough idea of how much you might earn.
1. https://www.hashrate.no/cpus/2400
2. https://cpu-mining.info/?cpu=105
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 26, 2023, 09:19:16 AM
Hi i have a low end pc with integrated graphics intel i5 2400 i was wondering is is somehow thgrouh mining some coin to be able to earn/mine some cash im not talking cents a month
Pages:
Jump to: