Pages:
Author

Topic: Help, restoring my wallet. Do i lose my btc? - page 2. (Read 2280 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 09, 2011, 12:52:27 AM
There is a download site for blockchain database file, but i can't remember the link.
Dont' worry, just finish the download you'll be fine.
you can check your balance @
blockexplorer.com
blockchain.info

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 09, 2011, 12:44:11 AM
You can simply copy  blk0001.dat  and blkindex.dat to your new machine, then open the client and  catch up.

If your wallet is safe, your bitcoins are safe.

The blockchain data is corrupted. When i copied the blockchain data i got only 6xxMB of 7xxMB. I did try to use it anyway and i got error when i started the client which forced me to shut it down. The index file is not corrupted, but i cant use it without the data file tho right?

How do i  check if my wallet is safe?

As i said, my back up wallet was from Nov 4th. I got some mint coins from my pools (generated ) from Nov 4th up to now. Do i lose those btc?

My new client only shows transaction up to Nov 2th. (Which i believe right b4 i backed up my wallet)
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 09, 2011, 12:39:16 AM
You can simply copy  blk0001.dat  and blkindex.dat to your new machine, then open the client and  catch up.

If your wallet is safe, your bitcoins are safe.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
November 09, 2011, 12:15:39 AM
Hi all,

My HD is corrupted, and it cant no longer boot into Windows

My recent wallet backup was from Nov 4th. Since then i had about 2-4 transactions (from my pools Eligius).

So i quickly download a new bitcoin client on another machine, copy my backed up wallet to /AppsData/Roaming/Bitcoin , then start up the client to re-scan the blockchain (i got only 8 connections, how do i get it downloaded faster? )

Do i lose all the coins from those recent transactions? My balance isnt updated and my history transactions are all unconfirmed (as the client is still downloading the blockchain).

Please help,

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: