Pages:
Author

Topic: HELP TO CONNECT 6 GRAPHIC CARDS - page 2. (Read 4906 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
April 02, 2015, 02:16:11 PM
When I said rise cable with molex connector I means power riser. So yes I got it. I Check for in Google to find problem with the motherboard but difficult to find who have the problem. So maybe I need to change motherboard but the motherboard have 5 port x 1 and 1 at 16x. Normaly it have to work no ?
Depends on the behavior of the pci-e ports. It really suxx to find the correct mobo for 6 cards, especially with windows. No problem with linux most of the time.
BTC-pro mobo is pretty okay, and cheap too.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 02, 2015, 01:52:27 PM
When I said rise cable with molex connector I means power riser. So yes I got it. I Check for in Google to find problem with the motherboard but difficult to find who have the problem. So maybe I need to change motherboard but the motherboard have 5 port x 1 and 1 at 16x. Normaly it have to work no ?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 02, 2015, 10:40:22 AM
that motherboard isn't that good  for 6 cards, there is only one 4 pin molex, you might overload those pci-e, you need power risers

anyway the trick to make windows recognize it, is to add one at time, and let it search for the drivers, the restart + shutdowwn and repeat
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
April 02, 2015, 10:14:37 AM
Hello,

I have some hardware problems to connect all my card recognized by the system ( Windows 8.1 Pro/Core ).

Only 2 have been recognized, one time it's work with 3 card.

Here my hardware ;

ASRock B85 Anniversary
Intel Pentium G3258 (3.2 GHz) FSP AURUM 1200 Pro 80PLUS Gold
 + with an other power supply  850W --> Connected in syncro with ADD2PSU
Corsair Force Series LS 60 Go
G.Skill NS Series 4 Go DDR3 1333 MHz CL9

Graphic cards :

6 X AMD SAPHIRE RADEON 290X

5 connected with a cable Riser PCI Express 1 x to 16x with molex connector

1 connected with a cable Riser PCI Express 16 x to 16x with molex connector

Drivers is installed.
Motherboard graphic integred is desactived.
The rig can run 6 graphics card with Windows 8 but don't recognized 4  or 3 of them. The problem is when I change from the port with the cable riser
Its change all time to where I have to put the cable for my monitor from the port 1X ! Also the 16x to 16x never recognized by the way.

Maybe I should try dummy plug on all my card because the motherboard is not MULI-GPU ? Or change the cable riser to buy a more expensice, the one with USB ?

Please if someone who knows what I have to do for the next. Thanks.

pm me on freenode, same nick as here.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2015, 09:13:22 AM
Have you asked anyone else who uses this moterboard?

To get 6 on one motherboard my guess is you need to use powered risers.  Even if the motherboard has 2 molex to power the PCI slots for GPU's. In my experience it was not enough power.

But were talking like over a year ago when I was building them.  So it could have changed.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 01, 2015, 07:47:17 PM
Hello,

I have some hardware problems to connect all my card recognized by the system ( Windows 8.1 Pro/Core ).

Only 2 have been recognized, one time it's work with 3 card.

Here my hardware ;

ASRock B85 Anniversary
Intel Pentium G3258 (3.2 GHz) FSP AURUM 1200 Pro 80PLUS Gold
 + with an other power supply  850W --> Connected in syncro with ADD2PSU
Corsair Force Series LS 60 Go
G.Skill NS Series 4 Go DDR3 1333 MHz CL9

Graphic cards :

6 X AMD SAPHIRE RADEON 290X

5 connected with a cable Riser PCI Express 1 x to 16x with molex connector

1 connected with a cable Riser PCI Express 16 x to 16x with molex connector

Drivers is installed.
Motherboard graphic integred is desactived.
The rig can run 6 graphics card with Windows 8 but don't recognized 4  or 3 of them. The problem is when I change from the port with the cable riser
Its change all time to where I have to put the cable for my monitor from the port 1X ! Also the 16x to 16x never recognized by the way.

Maybe I should try dummy plug on all my card because the motherboard is not MULI-GPU ? Or change the cable riser to buy a more expensice, the one with USB ?

Please if someone who knows what I have to do for the next. Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: