Pages:
Author

Topic: Help to recover BTC - page 2. (Read 388 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 28, 2021, 07:20:30 AM
The text has 76 signs. Starts with AAQ and has + sign. Also has upper and lower case and numbers and 12 charecters pass.
The "+" sounds like a signed message, but that would be 88 characters. Does it end on "="?

Example of a signature:
GyW/J8h97Y4/8z9HbJEjT7ZYcq5OhrBc73m5MNle0iYPZT5yGXaSBHM+4lt/DGWrGs+swM6fHA4FaOWBTRyJVtg=
76+12=88! Coincidence?

Also what I remembered is with this text I somehow create wallet.dat file and then replace it in folder of Bitcoin core wallet.
As far as I know you can't create a wallet.dat file from text. It could be your password works on that wallet.dat, but in that case you definitely need to find the file.

Please edit your posts instead of making multiple posts in a row (see forum rules).
Activity: 13
Merit: 6
April 28, 2021, 06:19:51 AM
Hi all,

In 2013 i purchased some BTC. From the guy that sold me i have recieved some text and password which i needed to decrypt and then create wallet. I had instructions but deleted form HDD. Can somebody help me how can I decrypt this text in usable format? I know that I needed to download some program from github if I recall but I do not know the details.

I'm not sure I get this. Have you received the text + password from the person who sold you the bitcoins? Does that mean that he has them as well?

I hope not Smiley I was long time ago. I remeber that I recieved instructions on what to do with this text. I forgot that I have text and pass and even deleted it from hd. Last week i managed to restore file but still searching for this instructions Sad

Maybe the lenght of this "text", the first character, the last character and potentially some description of the character set might be usefull (for example, only capital letters, alphanumeric,...).
Don't post the rest of the "text" tough, don't give it using a PM either... In case your seller used a weak encryption scheme, sharing the "text" might lead to loss of funds...

I'm not sure if anybody will be able to help you, but the description "some text" defenatly isn't enough...

The text has 76 signs. Starts with AAQ and has + sign. Also has upper and lower case and numbers and 12 charecters pass.

Maybe this was some kind of scam but I can not leave potential BTC left.

I have hope until I run out of options or see that balance is 0 Smiley

Maybe the lenght of this "text", the first character, the last character and potentially some description of the character set might be usefull (for example, only capital letters, alphanumeric,...).
Don't post the rest of the "text" tough, don't give it using a PM either... In case your seller used a weak encryption scheme, sharing the "text" might lead to loss of funds...

I'm not sure if anybody will be able to help you, but the description "some text" defenatly isn't enough...

Maybe this was some kind of scam but I can not leave potential BTC left.

I have hope until I run out of options or see that balance is 0 Smiley

Also what I remembered is with this text I somehow create wallet.dat file and then replace it in folder of Bitcoin core wallet.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 28, 2021, 06:15:15 AM

April 28, 2021, 06:10:44 AM
some text and password
This is quite vague Tongue
Does it match any of the descriptions on [overview] Recover Bitcoin from any old storage format?

If you're lucky, it's just BIP38 encrypted:
BIP38 password encrypted private key (58 characters base58, starting with "6P", see bitaddress.org, click Wallet Details).
Example: 6PRNqE9p5hTUgNy5cxXnrfVKZPX5Qz8sqB7oNfDT9N3YdCM7rqRxruxkN1

Warning: Don't enter your "text" on any online website, and don't trust any PM-offers to "help" you!

I tried this but non of the mentioned types help me...
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
April 28, 2021, 05:39:20 AM
Hi all,

In 2013 i purchased some BTC. From the guy that sold me i have recieved some text and password which i needed to decrypt and then create wallet. I had instructions but deleted form HDD. Can somebody help me how can I decrypt this text in usable format? I know that I needed to download some program from github if I recall but I do not know the details.

I'm not sure I get this. Have you received the text + password from the person who sold you the bitcoins? Does that mean that he has them as well?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
April 28, 2021, 05:00:46 AM
some text and password
This is quite vague Tongue
Does it match any of the descriptions on [overview] Recover Bitcoin from any old storage format?

If you're lucky, it's just BIP38 encrypted:
BIP38 password encrypted private key (58 characters base58, starting with "6P", see bitaddress.org, click Wallet Details).
Example: 6PRNqE9p5hTUgNy5cxXnrfVKZPX5Qz8sqB7oNfDT9N3YdCM7rqRxruxkN1

Warning: Don't enter your "text" on any online website, and don't trust any PM-offers to "help" you!
April 28, 2021, 04:43:14 AM
Hi all,

Thanks

Regards
Pages:
Jump to: