Pages:
Author

Topic: Help translate bitcoin.org into Hindi - page 2. (Read 580 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
March 31, 2019, 12:57:15 PM
You have to appreciate the fact ..

I don't have time to appreciate bullshit.

What kind of bullshit you ask?

Relay good what you are doing the bitcoin.org full site will be translate to hindi it will be help so many Indian to understated what is bitcoin in our own language and hindi is our national language it shout know all over Indian peoples in different states.

That kind of bullshit.

Our countrymen are not mentally matured to understand the nuances of this translation to hindi fad.

For countries like France, South korea, Japan it makes sense to translate to local languages because their local language is pushed as the official language with very little to no counter effects of using English.
But in our country, the reason English is pushed as an official language is primarily because localized languages promote fascism - something that BJP and RSS are already doing too much. We (I) don't want to see more such drama.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536
March 29, 2019, 12:19:38 AM
Relay good what you are doing the bitcoin.org full site will be translate to hindi it will be help so many Indian to understated what is bitcoin in our own language and hindi is our national language it shout know all over Indian peoples in different states.

Bro, India doesn't have any national language per se. We have 2 official languages English and Hindi at the national level(spoken and understood by approx 500M) and every state is free to choose their official language.

India has 22 official languages.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
March 25, 2019, 01:20:01 AM

Problem : I can't read English.

PreExisting Conditions : I can already use a cellphone / pc / laptop where everything is in English.

Solution : Use GOOGLE CHROME AUTO TRANSLATE!

Seriously, just to protect your feet from getting dirty, do you need to cover the entire world with leather? or just cover your feet?

Localization of content leads to segregation - something I fundamentally oppose. Always.

You really just restated your original thought without acknowledging that you were unnecessarily raising an issue AGAINST Hindi particularly. Annnd you changed the goalpost claiming this "fundamental opposition to localization of content because it leads to segregation". Phew..Can't argue with an opinion now..But Helloo, What happened to "Unity in Diversity" and all that shit??

And to answer you; No, none of those people are any less Indian. Being Indian is not defined by any language but...

but how then transcribing a content to Hindi makes it consumable to the rest of the country that cannot distinguish between bari E and chhoti e ?
You are just ignoring that the translation project isn't just for Hindi but a lot of other Indian languages..Sooo..it does make it consumable for the rest of the country too..
Also, Do you realize that you are questioning the usefulness of what someone may just do voluntarily? Someone may find a Hindi/ Bengali/ Oriya/ Tamil translation useful. If I can do it and have the time to do it, I'll gladly contribute and so will others..

You have to appreciate the fact that everyone may not be "fundamentally opposed to translation"...LOL..Wink
Activity: 135
Merit: 2
March 05, 2019, 01:16:43 AM
I can help you in this regards.
www.V.systems
March 04, 2019, 10:04:03 AM
...translate bitcoin.org into Hindi ..

Why just hindi?

Why not : Bengali, Gujrati, Malaylam, Tamil, Kannada, Koshur, Assamese, Meitei & Kukichin (Manipuri), Lushai (Mizo), Nagamese and a host of Arunachal Languages like - Mongpa, Adi, Apatani, Nishi, Nocte.. ?
Are these people less Indian ?

--snip--
You really are over-doing the Hindi bashing here....

Did you even care to check ....

Yet i find it quite unbecoming of people ...
they view it as some sort of external menace...

Problem : I can't read English.

PreExisting Conditions : I can already use a cellphone / pc / laptop where everything is in English.

Solution : Use GOOGLE CHROME AUTO TRANSLATE!

Seriously, just to protect your feet from getting dirty, do you need to cover the entire world with leather? or just cover your feet?

Localization of content leads to segregation - something I fundamentally oppose. Always.

And to answer you; No, none of those people are any less Indian. Being Indian is not defined by any language but...

but how then transcribing a content to Hindi makes it consumable to the rest of the country that cannot distinguish between bari E and chhoti e ?
legendary
February 25, 2019, 12:57:48 PM

Why just hindi?

Why not : Bengali, Gujrati, Malaylam, Tamil, Kannada, Koshur, Assamese, Meitei & Kukichin (Manipuri), Lushai (Mizo), Nagamese and a host of Arunachal Languages like - Mongpa, Adi, Apatani, Nishi, Nocte.. ?

--snip--
You really are over-doing the Hindi bashing here. Its quite unnecessary. Did you even care to check before posting this response about "Why just Hindi?"

I am no staunch Hindi-supremacist because it makes no sense. Yet i find it quite unbecoming of people to question anything and everything Hindi related just because they view it as some sort of external menace. Please visit this page: https://www.transifex.com/bitcoinorg/bitcoinorg/dashboard/
You can check and find Marathi, Tamil, Bengali and a host of other Indian languages under the translation projects.

And to answer you; No, none of those people are any less Indian. Being Indian is not defined by any language but this linguistic rhetoric is quite unnecessary. I agree on your previous link that the Whitepaper translations are a waste. Yet, Hindi is indeed a language that has its footprints all over our country and is one of the recognizable, marketable aspects of our country. All languages should be respected, including, much to a lot of people's chagrin, Hindi.
Activity: 588
Merit: 285
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 24, 2019, 06:41:10 AM
I am working as a translator for a website these days and am quite experienced. Thanks for sharing this, I've joined the telegram and looking forward to help the community with whatever I can!

Edit :- Invite link is expired  Huh
Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
February 23, 2019, 02:30:08 PM
www.V.systems
February 21, 2019, 12:01:23 PM

Why just hindi?

The answer to this question was solved in consensus while crafting the Indian constitution and naming ENGLISH AS THE OFFICIAL language.

Any translation to Hindi is useless especially (and perhaps only) when considering anything related to cryptocurrency.
Read : Project Translations in Hindi are a waste of money!
legendary
February 19, 2019, 01:05:38 PM
Thanks for sharing this Komodor. Much appreciated. I have joined and looking forward to contributing towards the translation work. Looks like there is a lot to go around.

Activity: 29
Merit: 11
February 03, 2019, 03:38:01 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Simon AKA Komodorpudel (I know, my name on Bitcointalk is Komodor, but that is a different story Smiley ) and I help manage the translation efforts for Bitcoin.org, the unofficial site of Bitcoin.

We are currently in need for people that help translate bitcoin.org into Hindi and I was wondering if anyone here could support us.

You can find information on how to get started with translating here:
https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/blob/master/docs/assisting-with-translations.md#getting-started-with-the-translation-team

Feel free to join or Telegram Group ( https://t.me/bitcoinaroundtheworld) and introduce yourself!

All work is on a voluntary basis, but people who translated during the last few months were contacted so they could be paid some bitcoin for their efforts, and we plan to offer more of these opportunities in the future!

Thank you very much for your time! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them here or by writing me on Telegram (Username: “@Komodorpudel”).

Best regards,

Simon

EDIT: Updated Telegram Links

Disclaimer to address stuff discussed in later replies: I am aware that Hindi is not the official language of India. Due to the process of how I prepared the posts for the different language parts of bitcointalk, I kind of missed out on adjusting the post properly for the Indian area; If anyone is interested in translating in any other language than Hindi, they can of course do so Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: