Pages:
Author

Topic: Help "untrap" my btc - page 2. (Read 2908 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
January 11, 2016, 12:09:28 PM
HI,

Thank you for the much appreciated information on the forum "Untrapping my btc". But I have encountered another
problem I sincerely hope that you can help. Just recently I took my computer in for service, because for a week it
wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet...So the serviceman ran various virus and maleware sweeps.

He  told me that he found and removed 1644 .  I also noticed that my desktop wallet icon was missing. I immediately
checked the "add remove programs" section it showed the it is still listed. I don't understand what could have happened to the icon. This happened before I had the chance to download the latest qt from the link that you
provided...I remembered to backup the wallet.dat file so is my btc within that file, and by downloading from the link
you provided will that create a new wallet, and by me having the wallet.dat file will from link automatic configurate
itself  i.e will open will same passphrase, or what should I do at this point... I hope to hear from you SOON!!!

as long as the wallet.dat is still in place (it should as long as your service man did not delete it) it will work with the old passphrase.
if he just removed the bitcoin app from your system you are all fine.

if he deleted the folder %APPDATA%/bitcoin you have a problem though - and i hope you have a backup (if not please make a backup of the file called wallet.dat in there NOW)
Activity: 96
Merit: 20
January 11, 2016, 12:06:19 PM
HI,

Thank you for the much appreciated information on the forum "Untrapping my btc". But I have encountered another
problem I sincerely hope that you can help. Just recently I took my computer in for service, because for a week it
wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet...So the serviceman ran various virus and maleware sweeps.

He  told me that he found and removed 1644 .  I also noticed that my desktop wallet icon was missing. I immediately
checked the "add remove programs" section it showed the it is still listed. I don't understand what could have happened to the icon. This happened before I had the chance to download the latest qt from the link that you
provided...I remembered to backup the wallet.dat file so is my btc within that file, and by downloading from the link
you provided will that create a new wallet, and by me having the wallet.dat file will from link automatic configurate
itself  i.e will open will same passphrase, or what should I do at this point... I hope to hear from you SOON!!!
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 04, 2016, 11:56:59 AM
Qt is just the part of the software that shows the things on screen. The version of qt is not as important as the version of bitcoin core/qt you are running. I suspect your version is old based on the message. Probably pre 0.9.x.

Old versions create transaction in a slighly different way than the latest versions, this helped reduce the impact of a spam attack on the network. In order to avoid this problem you should update your client. The latest version can be found here -> https://bitcoin.org/en/download
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 04, 2016, 11:55:06 AM
I think you are getting confused. QT is not the same thing as Bitcoin-qt. There is no version 4.8.3 of Bitcoin Core (formerly known as bitcoin-qt). Qt is a library made by Nokia that bitcoin core uses and comes bundled with and its version is 4.8.3. you need to upgrade to the latest version of bitcoin Core, which is 0.11.2. you can download it here https://bitcoin.org/en/download
Activity: 96
Merit: 20
January 04, 2016, 11:52:36 AM
Periodically my desktop wallet says " Obsolete. Upgrade". My Qt Client version is 4.8.3   My wallet ran an "indexing" process on its
own recently. But the upgrade message still shows periodically.

Just recently I ran two transactions. I sent some btc to my blockchain online wallet, immediately, I third to send a 3rd transaction.
It showed in the "sent" section that it was sent, but it never arrived to my blockchain wallet. Blockchain said that I still have my btc even though my desktop wallet says that it was sent. I don't know what to do to undo or fix this problem...This a copy/paste of the transaction
details:
Date: 12/29/2015 11:14
To: Self again 1GWZdf5hg6G1hW4PXG57YxxNZcaRmNxBnT
Debit: -0.46270554 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.0002 BTC
Net amount: -0.46290554 BTC
Transaction ID: 401ccce88a2d7149ba37cbe60819e92d25ed478ad40752b9b16435d5e975c56f

Is it a matter of upgrading my Qt???  Under the help tab in my desktop wallet it states "Qt is a Nokia product. See qt.nokia.com for more
information." I can't find the site.  Please help retrieive my btc (Please explain in layman terms)...I hope to hear from you very SOON!!!
Pages:
Jump to: