Pages:
Author

Topic: HELP: What am I supposed to being doing with Metamask??? - page 2. (Read 195 times)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
You no need to enter yout seed phrase anywhere, if you are seeing a website named Metamask is asking thise details then its probably a clone/fake site which pretends to be original. It seems you are not aware of such things but its really common in the internet but with cryptocurrency it involves more risk because it related to our money.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
When you are with cryptocurrency, you are risking everything if you do not have minimum experience of internet browsing. Hackers will exploit your lack of experience and will hack your accounts. For example check this below:

It's common sense that this is a phishing attempt. When you are creating a wallet with Metamask you are not providing any email address which means your email address is somehow exposed in the world wide web and whoever sent this message knows that you are with crypto so they took a chance. They are waiting for you to click on this link they gave. In the link they have either keylogger or they will ask to provide details to a from or any other malware attached. You may or may not discover it even if you click on it.

It's safe practice not to click on random URLs unless they are coming from a trusted email or business subscriptions.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
In which wallet, you were asked to add the metamask? Can you please share more details?

And the site I was on before and am on now is metamask.io
If you have used this site to download etc., you are on the official site. There's no issue with that but I guess you are either giving credential to 3rd parties by following their command or your device which you are using to access the wallet is affected with malware which passes information.
Activity: 59
Merit: 7
Ok yall, so my Metamask wallet was hacked back in December. I'd used it to buy and connect to some nodes. I now have someone trying to assist me with getting my nodes back and to do so, I have to re-add the Metamask extension to my browser. Nervously, I started the process of connecting it again and it is asking me to enter my seed recovery phrase, which to my understanding is the 12-word phrase I got when I created the wallet, which was done on the mobile app. I went through this same process and this is the exact same thing I did when I was hacked before. Why doesn't Metamask just have it where I can go on a site and enter the login credentials that were created when I created the mobile app? Needless to say, I am terrified of doing this because I keep hearing NEVER INPUT YOUR SEED PHRASE, and right after following these same steps before (setting up the Chrome extension) I got hacked. And the site I was on before and am on now is metamask.io.

I am reaching out to you all for help on what exactly I'm supposed to be doing. I only have a limited time to check on my nodes, but to do so I have to involve this wallet, unfortunately.
Pages:
Jump to: