Pages:
Author

Topic: Help... why is my bitcoin transaction from blockchain taking over 24 hours? - page 2. (Read 2165 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
You can try using blockchain.info wallet which have fee recommendation so that you can be sure that your transaction will get confirmed in next block. You can adjust fee according to your need and if you like to calculate fee yourself this may be helpful for you https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Hi,

With the tiny information you gave I can tell that:
* The network is very busy. The mempool (not yet processed transactions) is 37 MB instead of the usual / nice 2-8 MB.
* There's a high chance the tx fee you paid is small, much smaller than the currently recommended 100 satoshi / byte.

I recommend Electrum, where I know for sure that you can adjust the fee by hand before sending.

Edit: if you send the tx ID I can see how small your fee was. I look here to see how busy the network is and what fee I should use.
Edit2: another recommended wallet is the Bitcoin QT, where afaik you can have all the control you need (even re-send the transaction with higher fee), but I don't use that one.

Thanks for the tips, okey i realize the "fee" when doing a transaction is something i've always ignored, and it's not an option to set it in the bitcoin wallet i use, which makes me believe perhaps it wasn't a thing when i started using bitcoin 3 years ago? It appears the fee for this transaction was 0.0001 btc or 0.09$ i don't know if that's 100 satoshis or not but i guess i'm below the limit to get prioritized.

So from what i understand the transcation rates are slower these days because more transactions are occuring? That means more people are using bitcoin?

I'll look into moving my stuff into another bitcoin client for now, thanks

Transactions are still happening at a normal rate but many pools now prioritize which blocks to mine to maximize resources. At current rates each block carries along ~9000 btc in mining fees alone so the block reward itself is minuscule. That's why a higher mining fee usually equal to a faster transaction, I waited for 3 days on a payment once cause the other guy included tiny fees.

The payments are processed in blocks and if someone uses less transaction fee than normal, then its slows down confirmation process for everyone. I always put more transaction fee than normal to get it processed more quickly.  It has also something to do with Halving.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hi,

* The network is very busy. The mempool (not yet processed transactions) is 37 MB instead of the usual / nice 2-8 MB.
* There's a high chance the tx fee you paid is small, much smaller than the currently recommended 100 satoshi / byte.

I recommend Electrum, where I know for sure that you can adjust the fee by hand before sending.

Edit: if you send the tx ID I can see how small your fee was. I look here to see how busy the network is and what fee I should use.
Edit2: another recommended wallet is the Bitcoin QT, where afaik you can have all the control you need (even re-send the transaction with higher fee), but I don't use that one.

Thanks for the tips, okey i realize the "fee" when doing a transaction is something i've always ignored, and it's not an option to set it in the bitcoin wallet i use, which makes me believe perhaps it wasn't a thing when i started using bitcoin 3 years ago? It appears the fee for this transaction was 0.0001 btc or 0.09$ i don't know if that's 100 satoshis or not but i guess i'm below the limit to get prioritized.

So from what i understand the transcation rates are slower these days because more transactions are occuring? That means more people are using bitcoin?

0.0001 is really small for the current network conditions as we're typically seeing 0.0002 to 0.0003 for a small transaction. Give Airbitz a try as it very dynamically calculates fees based on the network condition as well as the size (in bytes) of your transaction and amount of your transaction. airbitz.co/app
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Hello,

I have been using bitcoin for a couple of years on and off now and at first the experience was always quick and rapid, but lately it's really gone bad, my last tranaction took around 12 hours to complete and my current one is still waiting to confirm and it's been almost 20 hours now, how is this the future of money if it's so slow?

Is it my bitcoin wallet software that is outdated? I'm using MultiBit 0.5.18 which is an old version.

Please help me, recommend me a fast wallet, i can't deal with this slowness. whats going on?

• Either you sent a too small fee
  • Or the network capacity limit is too small
  • Or both

Looking at segwit, it doesnt looks like it will activate anytime soon.

And a 2mb hardfork is for some people unthiknable, so this is a big problem.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi,

Transactions are still happening at a normal rate but many pools now prioritize which blocks to mine to maximize resources. At current rates each block carries along ~9000 btc in mining fees alone so the block reward itself is minuscule. That's why a higher mining fee usually equal to a faster transaction, I waited for 3 days on a payment once cause the other guy included tiny fees.
Activity: 7
Hi,

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Hi,

Activity: 7
Hello,

I have been using bitcoin for a couple of years on and off now and at first the experience was always quick and rapid, but lately it's really gone bad, my last tranaction took around 12 hours to complete and my current one is still waiting to confirm and it's been almost 20 hours now, how is this the future of money if it's so slow?

Is it my bitcoin wallet software that is outdated? I'm using MultiBit 0.5.18 which is an old version.

Please help me, recommend me a fast wallet, i can't deal with this slowness. whats going on?
Pages:
Jump to: