Pages:
Author

Topic: Help with Avalon 741 cgminer "No devices detected" - page 2. (Read 1557 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

I will get a picture up when I get back soon. The light on the miner is green. The light on the AUC3/USB dongle is also green. The PSU and cables came with the unit direct from Canaan. Will confirm about the wiring.

What country are you in? Are you running 220v? (The canaan power supplies only run on 220).

How is power getting to the PSU - through an outlet, a PDU, etc? What's the power outlet look like?
29r
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Post a picture of the power supply and the back of the miner (where the power supply PCIe connects to it) - are the lights on the back of the miner on?

Is the power supply the right voltage? Are the pci-e cables the right wiring? (if you hold the cables the same way, are all the wires the same color)?

I will get a picture up when I get back soon. The light on the miner is green. The light on the AUC3/USB dongle is also green. The PSU and cables came with the unit direct from Canaan. Will confirm about the wiring.

do you have any working avalon's?

I've tested three miners, all with separate PSUs but none are visible through the controller's cgminer status page so if we have a problem with the miner/PSU it's common to all three.
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
I have one A741 connected to a controller, which is connected via Ethernet to the router. I have confirmed connectivity with mining pools like nicehash (can see our worker listed through the Nicehash dashboard) but the miner is not hashing.

Here is what I've tried to troubleshoot this issue:

Replaced AUC3 cable
Replaced miner
Replaced controller
Replaced AUC3 dongle
Replaced ethernet cable
Replaced USB cable connected to controller
Tried 0.3A and 2.0A wall plug for controller
Replaced 4 pin cables
Tried different pools (can successfully see our worker through the pool admin panel but no hash rate)
Used both DHCP and static IP address for the controller

I am still unable to see the miners through the cgminer status page. When I run cgminer through the SSH interface to the Raspberry Pi, I get the message:

No devices detected!
Waiting for USB hotplug devices or press q to quit

I am attaching screenshots of the cgminer config and status screens and the output of the cgminer start command. I have the with the system, kernel, and cgminer api logs if needed.

CGMiner config:
CGMiner status:
CGMiner CLI:

Hoping someone that's faced a similar issue has a suggestion of what to try next.

do you have any working avalon's?
Activity: 658
Merit: 118
Post a picture of the power supply and the back of the miner (where the power supply PCIe connects to it) - are the lights on the back of the miner on?

Is the power supply the right voltage? Are the pci-e cables the right wiring? (if you hold the cables the same way, are all the wires the same color)?
29r
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I have one A741 connected to a controller, which is connected via Ethernet to the router. I have confirmed connectivity with mining pools like nicehash (can see our worker listed through the Nicehash dashboard) but the miner is not hashing.

Here is what I've tried to troubleshoot this issue:

Replaced PSU
Replaced AUC3 cable
Replaced miner
Replaced controller
Replaced AUC3 dongle
Replaced ethernet cable
Replaced USB cable connected to controller
Tried 0.3A and 2.0A wall plug for controller
Replaced 4 pin cables
Tried different pools (can successfully see our worker through the pool admin panel but no hash rate)
Used both DHCP and static IP address for the controller

I am still unable to see the miners through the cgminer status page. When I run cgminer through the SSH interface to the Raspberry Pi, I get the message:

No devices detected!
Waiting for USB hotplug devices or press q to quit

I am attaching screenshots of the cgminer config and status screens and the output of the cgminer start command. I have the with the system, kernel, and cgminer api logs if needed.

CGMiner config: https://i.imgur.com/I5j1dlc.png
CGMiner status: https://i.imgur.com/46LNlg2.png
CGMiner CLI: https://i.imgur.com/r08OOQm.png

Hoping someone that's faced a similar issue has a suggestion of what to try next.

Pages:
Jump to: