Pages:
Author

Topic: Helping someone to get started with mining is good/bad for the whole community ? - page 2. (Read 1554 times)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Other miners may not want to help their competition.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
1. It is good because the network will grow.
2. Taking out a loan is very risky.

Good questions...

Yup I know they are but still unanswered.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
... it only gets better...
1. It is good because the network will grow.
2. Taking/giving out a btc denominated loan is very risky.

Good questions...
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
I ve seen too many guys here and everywhere asking for 'loans' so that they will be able to buy a mining rig themselves, and then pay back with interest.
I know this cuz I am one of these guys.

The bad side to this is that most of these guys (not me lol offcourse not me) are Scammers, and the reason as to why there are so many scammers in the market is simple - Bitcoins once transfered is untraceable and un reversible, there is no service or methodology (none that I am aware of) which can guarantee the return of the lender's coins ?

Keeping these factors in mind, My questions are :

Is it in the best interest of the whole mining community in helping someone buy their rig ? Or is it a bad thing considering that another new miner would add up to the difficulty & reduced shares/rewards in a pool mining situation ?

2ndly Is it possible at all for guys like me who are seriously interested in getting into the mining business with the help of LOANS from the already active miners ? If yes, what kind of interest rates would be feasible ?

Pages:
Jump to: