Pages:
Author

Topic: Here is why ICOs should pay in ETH instead of Tokens - page 3. (Read 473 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I think your premiss is wrong, Instar tokens got listed in the market yesterday and was selling below the ICO price, interestingly they did no bounty campaign, so can you tell me who are those selling their tokens below the ICO price. It is a wrong assumptions to think all the bounty tokens go to the market immediately after the tokens was dsitributed. I still have some bountytokens in my wallet that is more than 7 months now that I have not moved and have sold some of my ICO investment immediately it enters market
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
I am completely agree with this idea to pay bounty in Ether or BTC. And this is also good for bounty hunters not to wait the coins listed to exchanges to sell the coins for fiat money. And I think the developer team might thinking that with giving their coins , the liquidity of their coin can increase in the exchanges so that they can list their coin in big exchanges as well and the other reason is to give coins is to marketing the coin so that all people can know about the coin and project too. But I prefer to get bounty rewards in Ether or BTC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
This stuff has been mentioned several times and it seems the devs and the bounty campaign managers have turned deaf ears to it. The truth is that, this would keep happening until they find a solution, and investors are already drifting towards the pattern of waiting for it to hit an exchange first.

I always thought there is a way tokens are locked, but I do not know if this would have to be something general or you can decide to select the ones you are locking. Probably, someone could enlighten me on that, otherwise, it would just be for the devs to lock the tokens of bounty hunters until after a few period when the market is doing well if they do not want to decide to pay in Ethereum.

However, that payment in Ethereum would be the best bet, and any of the bounty hunter who would love to invest in the project, can go to an exchange after the payment to make the purchase and that becomes a win-win situation for everyone.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
But, for now, most of the ICO project is just for the sake of money, so they pay the token, they do not need to pay any cost, but if they pay the ETH, then can be converted into real legal tender.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
Your idea is very precise, I remember with the XUC exchange union project. If I'm not mistaken they pay campaign prizes using eth. This is very influential on token prices in the future, because there is no dump of the campaign participants and developers do not need to spend money to pump the price of coins. At ico the price of XUC is only $2.2 and the current price has reached $6.6 , very different from the project paying the campaign reward using its own coin. This is the best solution for the project to go according to plan and without any risk.

It just seems like such an obvious solution to all the problems everywhere I don't get why the practice is not more widespread. No more telegram chat flooding or fear of bounty dumps, and no need to delay bounty payouts out of fear of said dumps.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
It is very good to be pay in ethereum and bitcoin when a company or developer hire people to promote his project but we have to understand that payment in they own tokens will help promote their own projects in the market. I think it will be selfish for one to said we should receive ethereum instead of they own coins or tokens.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
Your idea is very precise, I remember with the XUC exchange union project. If I'm not mistaken they pay campaign prizes using eth. This is very influential on token prices in the future, because there is no dump of the campaign participants and developers do not need to spend money to pump the price of coins. At ico the price of XUC is only $2.2 and the current price has reached $6.6 , very different from the project paying the campaign reward using its own coin. This is the best solution for the project to go according to plan and without any risk.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
There is a concerning trend over the last year to pay bounties in project tokens instead of BTC/ETH. This leads to market dumps almost always after the ICO due to bounty sell-offs.

In reality, it makes no difference for the team to pay in ETH instead of the token, and here is why: The amount raised in the ICO is usually in ETH. By sending 2% (or whatever the bounty was) from this project fund to bounty hunters, it makes little difference to the team, they still have 98% of their fund left. Furthermore, no market dumping can occur, and we no longer have to listen to the whining on telegram when the price drops below ICO like it always does.

Here is a fact: Nearly all tokens are dropping below ICO value when they hit exchanges during this bear market. The only people that are stupid enough to invest in ICOs at this time are new investors. Established investors will always wait for the token to hit exchanges and buy-up at a lower value during bear markets. This is because established investors realize a lot of free tokens get dumped after the ICO.

If ICO teams continue to payout bounties in their tokens, eventually all investors will cotton-on and no longer contribute to ICOs anymore. With everyone waiting for post-ICO exchange dumps, teams will no longer be able to raise any capital. As of now, retail investors aren't smart enough to realize this, but give them time, and they will, and this will effect the entire alt-coin sphere.

Simply payout bounties in ETH from the funds raised instead of the token. It literally makes no difference for the team, and it offsets the risk for everyone. This terrible trend of token payouts needs to end.
Pages:
Jump to: