Pages:
Author

Topic: Here's why BCH/BSV lovers constantly attack BTC... - page 2. (Read 511 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
It's not about BCH and BSV lovers attacking Bitcoin; Bitcoin haters always attack Bitcoin, but who cares? After delisting on Binance, I never checked the BSV price. So I don't feel BSV has so many fans right now. BCH is also not popular, so there is nothing to worry about with their attack. Their community is too small compared to Bitcoin, so they can't fight with Bitcoin lovers anyway. They can just spread FUD and nothing else. But lately, the Bitcoin community hasn't responded to FUDs created by haters. Because everyone is now aware of Bitcoin's potential.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 294
Unfortunately, I do not see these people anymore. I don't remember if I have seen any BSV or BCH supporters in this forum except a recently banned troll after posting in Leo's farewell thread. I guess that was the happiest moment for a lot of Bitcoiners. No matter what they say, they know that they are spreading lies. They only wake up when the market is positive. I haven't seen any of them in the last year.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/hmmmaa-400626
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
Unfortunately, I do not see these people anymore. I don't remember if I have seen any BSV or BCH supporters in this forum except a recently banned troll after posting in Leo's farewell thread. I guess that was the happiest moment for a lot of Bitcoiners. No matter what they say, they know that they are spreading lies. They only wake up when the market is positive. I haven't seen any of them in the last year.
If I am a newbie, don't understand about Bitcoin, I can be affected by those shit coin supporters but if I have experience and understand about Bitcoin, I won't be affected by those supporters and their words.

Because I know what is Bitcoin, what are shit coins. I even don't waste my time to read any article, interview, post from those people because I can guess what they say and I am fully aware that they spread misleading information only.

Actually, the percentage is bigger than this. If we check coinmarketcap, there are 2.2M+ cryptocurrencies at this moment. How many coins do you know? I don't think there are more than 200K Crypto's. The rest 2 million crypto's are dead.
I agree with you on the number. They updated that article recent weeks and we must compare information from different resources and even can do our homework from raw data.

Another report on dead altcoins.
Charting the Number of Failed Crypto Coins, by Year (2013-2022)
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
They do not believe in free market economics (letting the free market decide which chain is more valuable).

Free market dictates that the BTC blockchain is the most valuable in terms of token value AND hashrate amount (security).

They do not like the fact that big block chains (BSV, BCH) have miniscule hashrate compared to BTC, which makes them prone to 51% attacks:

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2021/08/04/bsv-suffers-51-attack-report/
https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2019/05/24/bitcoin-cash-miners-undo-attackers-transactions-with-51-attack/

Deep inside their heart they know that BTC is the only true Bitcoin, therefore they try to change it as they see fit.

They already have what they want (big blocks in forked/worthless chains), but not in their preferred chain (BTC). Wink

I hope this clears up the whole situation. Smiley

Sometimes they do that its because they put a lot of money to those projects and they think they are early adopters of that coins that's why they want to do all they can to destroy the reputation of bitcoin and shift the attention of investors going to those coin they are supporting(BSV,BCH) so that once it get a big demands that can cause a bull run just like what usually happen to bitcoin they are going to be lucky to earn a lot of money from it. We don't really know if they truly hate bitcoin existence but for sure they see bitcoin as competitor since their interest is not always been hit and they think the coins they have will not get a lot of strong community support if Bitcoin will sill succeed and exist in the market.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
Please move this topic to the Altcoin Discussion forum, since you are discussing altcoins like BSV and BCH. Yes, BCH and BSV are altcoins, despite having the word "Bitcoin" in their names. Anyway, I don't hang around the BCH/BSV communities, so I don't know how and why they are attacking BTC. They can't change the minds of all BTC supporters, therefore their "attacks" on BTC are totally pointless. Maybe they are butthurt, because BCH or BSV didn't become bigger than BTC. Several days ago, some forum member was trying to explain how BCH/BSV was "Satoshi's true vision about Bitcoin" as if he personally asked Satoshi Nakamoto about his vision of Bitcoin. Grin
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
You forgot to say why you started this topic, for example is there something new happening or have they started "attacking BTC" recently that you needed to clear things up here? I'm asking because I haven't seen any new attempts but also I don't follow this stuff that closely.
The CSW thing? Oh, I guess it is too old and insignificant that I usually forget about it Cheesy
But yeah, it's just absurd how it is still going on since it is one of the most obvious cases of scam and identity theft where the fraudulent person has no proof whatsoever but has money to waste abusing the legal system to create a pain in the behind...
Activity: 462
Merit: 767
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Actually, the percentage is bigger than this. If we check coinmarketcap, there are 2.2M+ cryptocurrencies at this moment. How many coins do you know? I don't think there are more than 200K Crypto's. The rest 2 million crypto's are dead.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
It is and it's not gonna change it  Grin maybe there are a bunch of altcoins with their capability and so on but bitcoin would be a bitcoin, not an altcoin gonna dethrone it. The world knows crypto because the Bitcoin and it always become like that.

BCH is a good altcoin back then and I hear they make another hard fork or split team while BSV is just too centralized I just wonder why people buy this coin.
There are thousands of altcoins and hundreds of Bitcoin forks but they are not comparable in security and developments with Bitcoin.

How many Bitcoin forks are there?
Dead Coins: Over 50% of Cryptocurrencies Have Failed.

I knew Bitcoin Cash used to make a lot of noise and in 2017, its price even was like half of Bitcoin price but I never consider it as a good altcoin.

If I want to use altcoin blockchains for transactions and don't want to touch smart contract blockchains, I would like to choose Litecoin or Dogecoin for my on chain transactions. I don't use Bitcoin Cash blockchain.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
Deep inside their heart they know that BTC is the only true Bitcoin, therefore they try to change it as they see fit.

It is and it's not gonna change it  Grin maybe there are a bunch of altcoins with their capability and so on but bitcoin would be a bitcoin, not an altcoin gonna dethrone it. The world knows crypto because the Bitcoin and it always become like that.

BCH is a good altcoin back then and I hear they make another hard fork or split team while BSV is just too centralized I just wonder why people buy this coin.

But what do they offer? a fast payment or a big block nahhhh broo there are a dozen chains nowadays with minutes or coupled seconds to finalize transaction layer 1 like eth and litecoin or even dogecoin can do it. layer 2 chain, well you can do transactions with a fraction of dollar within 1 minute approved so don't bother bitcoin just know your place hahah
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
They do not like the fact that big block chains (BSV, BCH) have miniscule hashrate compared to BTC, which makes them prone to 51% attacks:

They already have what they want (big blocks in forked/worthless chains), but not in their preferred chain (BTC). Wink
They cloned Bitcoin and call their coins as Bitcoin forks. Claim that their coins are better than Bitcoin but their blockchains have 51% attacks, Bitcoin blockchain did not have such attack so far.

Also there are estimates on cost of attacks on blockchains.
https://www.crypto51.app/

If you use blockchains, choose Bitcoin blockchain because it is a biggest and safest.
https://howmanyconfs.com/
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
I was around when segwit was activated and it was the birth of Bitcoin cash. And at the time it was highly unprofitable to mine bitcoin and very profitable to mine Bitcoin cash.

BCH algo was different and the retarget was quicker but Bitcoin was still 2 weeks. So blocks got awfully long at times and people were worried that the chain might stop. However some loyal miners stayed on the unprofitable bitcoin chain and it survived. It was a scary time for Bitcoin.

I didn't think it was a scary time, personally.  There have been quite a few forks over the years since I read about it during the summer of 2010.  Things that were potentially scary were the overflow bug in August 2010, but it was resolved quickly.  Ditto the March 2013 fork which also was resolved quickly.  😀. Everything else was pretty much ignored by bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
They attack BTC and want to still its brand because they are a cult that blindly follows their leaders (Ver/CSW) and because they are holding their shitcoin bags and hope that they will pump if their shitcoins "becomes Bitcoin". Some of them probably invested in those scams when they were at their peak or even just a lot higher than currently, and are now desperate to at least break even, which will never happen. There's also a good dose of conspiracy theories that attack Bitcoin devs, and everyone knows how toxic and irrational conspiracy theorists tend to be.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
Why do you even care? These chains aren't relevant anymore. Even if BTC fails because of the high fees, people still won't use these possibly centralized projects. People would rather prefer to use the alts that have good reputation like Monero and Litecoin instead. (Monero is getting banned from the exchanges though) Even Doge is better than the BCH/BSV duo. Still though, if I had to make a decision between these two (bch and bsv) I would go with bch because bsv is absolute crap. It is pure insanity.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 294
You forgot to say why you started this topic, for example is there something new happening or have they started "attacking BTC" recently that you needed to clear things up here? I'm asking because I haven't seen any new attempts but also I don't follow this stuff that closely.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558

Technically what they wanted was control and money. They don't have the first and have very little of the second. They wanted to create a shitcoin they controlled and gain a lot of popularity to have others use their garbage.
But what they forgot was that utility is what attracts solid demand, useless junk that is a copy of Bitcoin is not offering anything new to attract that type of demand. It only attracts short term gamblers who would dump their coin very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
I hope this clears up the whole situation. Smiley

What? Lmao. I don't think you are not telling us anything new for the people of the forum, in any case what you say may be informative for those who don't know about blocksize wars.

Well, I think that some people will think that their bitcoin (fork) is true, even if the market goes in the other direction.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
I was around when segwit was activated and it was the birth of Bitcoin cash. And at the time it was highly unprofitable to mine bitcoin and very profitable to mine Bitcoin cash.

BCH algo was different and the retarget was quicker but Bitcoin was still 2 weeks. So blocks got awfully long at times and people were worried that the chain might stop. However some loyal miners stayed on the unprofitable bitcoin chain and it survived. It was a scary time for Bitcoin.
Activity: 239
Merit: 59
a young loner on a crusade

This isn't even relevant. Forks are a means to an end: making profit.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
Why, is there still a need to clear this up? Is the situation not yet clear until now? I think this is an old issue that no longer requires further explanation and clarification. The debate has been subjected to the free decision of the market and the crypto community, and the decision is to stick to the original Bitcoin and to let these low quality copycats die a natural death. Let the developers of these forks continue to try keeping it alive but they will eventually realize it's pointlessness.
Activity: 248
Merit: 36
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE
The average person has heard of bitcoin, but the average person has never heard of BCH, BSV, ethereum, etc.  
Most people will tell you they have heard of bitcoin when asked but will say no if you ask them about ethereum or any other altcoin.

It has been 6 years since I got into crypto and I still struggle to think of anything useful you can do with ethereum other than buying stupid NFTs, running scam projects and rugpulls.

Bitcoin is a household name. No other crypto has such name recognition because everything else is worthless centralized garbage.

Pages:
Jump to: