Pages:
Author

Topic: Hey newbies, what are your main questions about Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2046 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Yeah, would be good to know what causes UPs and DOWNs on this currency. Is way too random.
Activity: 1
My main question is what unforeseeable factors can affect the Bitcoin value? I have researched a bit but don't fully understand what causes or determines the fluctuations. It seems to be like forex exchange ie. global trade, stock markets, etc (even by events like the FBI clamping down on The Silk Rd). I know that the all-time high was hit on 17 November 2013 at US$1216.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
-snip- why always videocard is using while mining this bitcoin

The short answer is: because it is much more efficient to use GPU over CPU.

A CPU core can execute 4 32-bit instructions per clock (using a 128-bit SSE instruction) or 8 via AVX (256-Bit), whereas a GPU like the Radeon HD 5970 can execute 3200 32-bit instructions per clock (using its 3200 ALUs or shaders). This is a difference of 800 (or 400 in case of AVX) times more instructions per clock. As of 2011, the fastest CPUs have up to 6, 8, or 12 cores and a somewhat higher frequency clock (2000-3000 MHz vs. 725 MHz for the Radeon HD 5970), but one HD5970 is still more than five times faster than four 12-core CPUs at 2.3GHz (which would also set you back about $4700 rather than $350 for the HD5970).

See more at: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Why_a_GPU_mines_faster_than_a_CPU
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I think when I started Bitcoin, my main question was if it was real money or if I could buy really things with it. That was my only question. From there, I just did my own research so everything else kind of just went into place, you know?
the first time, I did not need to ask if this is real money. because the first time I was interested because I have seen a very high value.
but like most people. I asked about how to get bitcoin and finally I know about the signature campaign, that is the best way in this forum.
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
Why does some faucets are spam ... Why they didn't give my Satoshi back. Undecided
they get bigger profit than you,they put o many ads on their blog,and when you have register long time,its time to blog owner to disappear and bring your satoshi with laugh. dont use untrusted faucet,they are not will give you satoshi,they just need active blog visitor like you.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
my main question is how can i increase my bitcoin,what is block how it affect into daily transaction of bitcoin. why always videocard is using while mining this bitcoin.there so many why.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think when I started Bitcoin, my main question was if it was real money or if I could buy really things with it. That was my only question. From there, I just did my own research so everything else kind of just went into place, you know?
Activity: 13
Why does some faucets are spam ... Why they didn't give my Satoshi back. Undecided
Activity: 702
★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★
Surprisingly for me, the "how can I mine Bitcoin with my computer/laptop" still comes out a lot.

Yes but it has slowed down quite a bit.  Used to get several a day on Slush's IRC now it's one every couple of days thankfully.  Also how can I mine with my phone is a good one too.
Activity: 280
my dilemma is that when will the bitcoin price go up to 1000$ because if you look at the charts it should have already happened a few months ago!

I also heard it is in the summer that it would go up so i am just storing my bitcoin hoping to be precise when the inflation comes. So let us be patient for the mean time and wait for the price to go up.

And can what other sites can i get faucets? Its tiring to wait an hour to each faucet sites.
Activity: 42
my dilemma is that when will the bitcoin price go up to 1000$ because if you look at the charts it should have already happened a few months ago!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Why bitcoin is called bitcoin, what are the meanings of bitcoin, why bitcoin is irreversible. I have seen most of these questions asked by beginners which require quite a good time to answer.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Surprisingly for me, the "how can I mine Bitcoin with my computer/laptop" still comes out a lot.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
Take a little tour through all Beginners & Help pages and you will get a clue  Wink

Mostly the questions are "How to earn Bitcoin?" and "How to sign a message?".
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
I wonder what the biggest problems of newbies are to understand Bitcoin.
How a Tx signed by a private key is verified by nodes that does not know the private key ?
It is called public key cryptography (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography). The public key is included in the transaction and this can then be used to verify the signatures. Specifically Bitcoin uses the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_Curve_Digital_Signature_Algorithm).
Activity: 702
★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

The biggest problems I see from new people every day deal with confusion on wallets.  People constantly want to sign up for bitcoin for some reason. They don't understand that you just get a wallet and some bitcoin and use it.  They think it's like a credit card where you need to sign up with the "bitcoin company" to use it. 

Next biggest issue is of course how and where to buy.
Activity: 462
Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
He was the creator of Bitcoin, he disappeared a couple years ago with a fat bitcoin wallet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
I think if you are new the first question you can think is what is bitcoin and how to earn it.. just like other newbie here asking how to earn bitcoins and how bitcoin works.. and i just learn first outside in this forum before i came here in our forum to learn more about bitcoin and asking too how to earn bitcoin..
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
How a Tx signed by a private key is verified by nodes that does not know the private key ?
Activity: 14
Who is Satoshi Nakamoto?
Pages:
Jump to: