Pages:
Author

Topic: High school dropout who invested in bitcoin is now a millionaire at 18 - page 10. (Read 6551 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
i salute the high school dropout because he/she spent the with in how to be a millionaire at the yung age.
education is important if guy don't like to go in the school use the money from btc. have school offering the home study.
to get an degree.
legendary
Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038
Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar
If I had made a lot of profit like that guy I would have particular lessons, if the goal is to learn, you could learn faster with a teacher only for you. At school with dozens of students for one teacher in the class it's hard and takes time to learn.

Come to think about it, his parents are PHDs and he was probably getting home education. 

Which means basically nothing if you don't have a paper to prove that you are really educated. Try putting in your job application "I have a knowledge equivalent to a PhD in computer science, trust me on that"
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
As ived red on reddit and on the news, this guys was awesome. I mean being a millionaire in your 18 is really a huge impact on you and to your family. This guys is not just a simple high schooler, but this guy has a passion, and he is really smart I must say.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
His genius is definitely derived from his Stanford-educated parents, both genetically and educationally.
Activity: 938
Merit: 503
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
I already heard about it and hes really a genius thinking that the bitcoin will become successful in the coming year and its really a voom in the cryptocurrency world bitcoin is increasing its price over time so i really will i know bitcoin when its only 20$

He was a bit of a genius, until he cashed out.  Apparently he was not as smart as he was eager.  He was not building value, he was waiting for the age when his parents could not control his spending or touch his money.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
For me it is a negative example. It really can become a millionaire, but it was only an accident. If he quit school, all state will be lost, the new he can not earn. One day BTC could be a bubble which burst, and start a new life he will no longer be possible.
I think this is not an example which we could learn a lot from. It's not like everyone should drop out of high school and they will become a millionaire. And this is one case of success I imagine how many failures there was. Probably a lot of ''kids'' wanted to earn a lot with cryptos but they failed.

I kinda agree with your opinion. They should emphasize on how he manage to become a millionaire by just using bitcoins without highlighting the fact the he is a drop out on school. This may have an impact on those people who also had the same situation as him and they maybe encouraged in not a good way neglecting going to school.
It seems to me that if schoolchildren started to teach crypto currency and even in higher elementary schools they learned about Bitcoin, then our students would also have good incomes and maybe also become millionaires.
Activity: 630
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
For me it is a negative example. It really can become a millionaire, but it was only an accident. If he quit school, all state will be lost, the new he can not earn. One day BTC could be a bubble which burst, and start a new life he will no longer be possible.
I think this is not an example which we could learn a lot from. It's not like everyone should drop out of high school and they will become a millionaire. And this is one case of success I imagine how many failures there was. Probably a lot of ''kids'' wanted to earn a lot with cryptos but they failed.

I kinda agree with your opinion. They should emphasize on how he manage to become a millionaire by just using bitcoins without highlighting the fact the he is a drop out on school. This may have an impact on those people who also had the same situation as him and they maybe encouraged in not a good way neglecting going to school.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yes, there is such a friend around me, I think he is great.
Activity: 628
Merit: 276
BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
i agree what do you mean. but in my opinion, even came from the rich family need to finish the study...
the money will loss but the education isn't.

Yes I agree with you, but having education does not mean that you will be rich.  But, it is the way to help or at least fight poverty.  If you have education you will find jobs that fits you.  Unlike if you are uneducated, very limited job and opportunities awaits you.  Here in my country having finished college is a priority to every family because indeed education is the key to success.  But not all educated people got to be rich.  You really have to be smart.   There is no one that become rich only for their salaries.
Activity: 14
http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/06/20/bitcoin-millionaire-erik-finman-says-going-to-college-isnt-worth-it.html

Erik invested in bitcoin when he was 12 and not is a millionaire at age of 18.  This is a good story for Bitcoin.

But here is something that I do not understand:

An excerpt from the article:
"Eventually he found a buyer for Botangle's technology in January 2015. The investor offered either $100,000 or 300 bitcoin, which had dropped in value at that time to a little more than $200 a coin. He took the lower cash value bitcoin deal because he believed it was "the next big thing."

"My parents asked 'Why don't you take the more cash?"' Finman explained. "But I thought of it more of an investment.""

Why didn't he take the $100K and bought more bitcoins instead?  Granted that there has to be some tax consideration, but tax rate has to be as high as 40% in order for both of the cash option and the bitcoins option to breakeven.  If the tax rate was at 40%, then he could get $60K after tax and would be able to buy 300 bitcoins at the market price ($200 at the time).  Moreover, one day when he sells the bitcoins, he can dedect $200 on each of the bitcoins from the capital gain as cost.

Am I missing something in here?  Don't drop out from high school?   Cheesy

I read through this story. I think that among the millions of new people there is such a person. While he was a kid, he had the capital to invest, you should use him as a mirror. Fieldwork is not the only path to success
Activity: 560
He is just of lucky because education is very useful for the future so he get a great opportunity for his future.
i agree what do you mean. but in my opinion, even came from the rich family need to finish the study...
the money will loss but the education isn't.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
congrats to the yung  guy earn a million in bitcoin profit. but i suggest need to finish the study in the school to a degree. education is very important,any  where you go, always bring your knowledge can't get of the other.
Why he need to finish his studies hes already a millionaire,he can do whatever he want, if he invested in a company he will only hire a person who can teach him about what to do.
congrats to the yung  guy earn a million in bitcoin profit. but i suggest need to finish the study in the school to a degree. education is very important,any  where you go, always bring your knowledge can't get of the other.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
I wish I was s clever as this kid but I am not so am no where in millionaire's row at present BUT this is a very inspiring story and you never know, if you keep trying, something good can happen to you also and you can become lucky too. This gives us motivation to never give up looking for a good opportunity to invest in. This was one very wise and lucky kid!
I think this kid was as much luckier as much as Bill gates was. Its not necessary that every person will like be of such kid. In my opinion milliner is in luck not by struggle or mind. If it was on struggle the labor persons would be the richest people and if it was on mind then in stein would be the richest person on earth of all time. So the story of this kid is not more than the matter of luck.
Activity: 110
In these days,  age doesn't matter right now besides anyone can be millionaire if we are very industrious... Money can help us to achieve out dreams but education is very important... Education  is priceless..
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
It is a good story and very inspiring. At the age of 12 years he was able to think into the future. He is willing to invest the money he has to buy bitcoin. Also decided to quit school. That's what I think is a very stupid decision. But he is very confident that one day will become a millionaire. I like the story
Activity: 378
Yes. I have heard of this story and much more. I have a friend who bought Bitcoin at its very origins. The price of Bitcoin as that time was just under $US10. He only invested $50. So he went off with a little more the 5Bitcoin. He left it in an online wallet for nearly a decade. Last month, he saw me posting on this forum and he remembered his investment. He asked me the price and his reaction to $US3000 was priceless. He immediately sold it and claimed his profit. He is now actively involved in Bitcoin.

I had a similar incident with Ethereum. I bought Ethereum at its very beginning. I converted to the "new" Ethereum during the fork and right now I am reaping the profits.
Pages:
Jump to: