Pages:
Author

Topic: High temp on mobo heat sinks - page 2. (Read 240 times)

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
April 18, 2022, 08:42:33 AM
take termometer and see whats temps? you cant say or guess by touching it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
April 18, 2022, 02:52:46 AM
I have this gigabyte motherboard AMD 970A that only knows how to get extremely hot if turned on, it has up to 5 PCIe slots that can be used for crypto mining but the temp issue is scary, here is a view

Those heat sinks, the one that has gigabyte written on and the one beside the first PCIe x16 slot are getting extremely hot, I don't know what might be the problem here.

what is extremely hot? 100c? or 50c?

50c is about 122f
100c is about 212f

50c wont be an issue
100c is wrong.

if you do not have an infrared meter to measure.

100c will give you a burn 🔥 on your finger 50c won’t.

Thanks for replying, the Northbridge heat sink is the issue, it burnt my finger if I put on the sink for just 4 seconds, im guessing its up to 100°C because its the exact type of hotness I get from the backplate of my RTX 3080 graphic card, is there any solution in mind?.
Activity: 233
Merit: 12
April 17, 2022, 11:33:44 AM
That's a AM3+ motherboard, I checked online and some people are complaining about the same thing, I couldn't see anyone getting this issue fixed but I have some things in mind that may help if you don't mind.

1. Did you change the CPU recently? Install old CPU back and check if the heat sink will have a high temp again.

2. Install or flash the latest BIOS update, since its an old AMD motherboard its possible that the team might have released a fix through BIOS update.

3. You can open that heat sink and look if its pad or paste is still intact, try reapplying some paste.

4. Do some google surfing on NorthBridge hot temp and try looking for fix online maybe you might get lucky if all these doesn't work.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
April 17, 2022, 10:43:34 AM
I have this gigabyte motherboard AMD 970A that only knows how to get extremely hot if turned on, it has up to 5 PCIe slots that can be used for crypto mining but the temp issue is scary, here is a view

Those heat sinks, the one that has gigabyte written on and the one beside the first PCIe x16 slot are getting extremely hot, I don't know what might be the problem here.

what is extremely hot? 100c? or 50c?

50c is about 122f
100c is about 212f

50c wont be an issue
100c is wrong.

if you do not have an infrared meter to measure.

100c will give you a burn 🔥 on your finger 50c won’t.

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
April 17, 2022, 05:01:37 AM

Pages:
Jump to: