Pages:
Author

Topic: High withdraw fee rates by binance etc, Why?! - page 2. (Read 241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
So why binance (or other sites) do charge user for $10 as fee when they do pay $1-2 as fee?
It can even be more, I remember when Binance withdrawal fee was still 0.0005 BTC when bitcoin was around $50000, Binance fee was over $20.

But Binance reduced withdrawal fee to 0.0002 BTC and bitcoin price dropped and the fee to be paid now is still less than $5. But this does not change the fact that Binance is not the only existing exchange, there are some that charge far more higher. You can check the lists of exchanges and the amount of bitcoin they charge as fee, also in USD:

https://withdrawalfees.com/coins/bitcoin

@OP: for small withdrawals, withdrawing a low-fee altcoin and converting that to Bitcoin on an instant exchanger can often lead to lower total fees. It's worth doing the math.
I have used instant exchange before, the only benefit is just that you can buy and convert bitcoin directly by using a noncustodial wallet address, unlike centralized exchanges that give users exchange address that the exchange have full control over. But that does not mean instant exchange can not freeze your coin too in the process of exchanging as you will first send the exchange the coin you want to exchange to bitcoin.

With $250 at the time bitcoin was around $7000, I make use of Changelley as this party on Coinomi, it can charge $7 or more. I noticed as the amiunt to exchange increased, the fee also increases.

Coinomi is not recommended because it is close source wallet, also instant exchanges can freeze your coins. I used it when I knew little about privacy and having full control over owns coin.

If you are withdrawimg large amount, it is better to make use of Binance directly. Binance just started BTC pair free exchange but not on many other exchange which may charge at least 0.1% as fee. The fee that would be deducted for that on other exchanges, especially for high amount of bitcoin would be higher and also converting it back to bitcoin on instant exchange also would be higher in fee. Withdrawing directly on Binance would be better than first sending it to instant exchange.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
@OP: for small withdrawals, withdrawing a low-fee altcoin and converting that to Bitcoin on an instant exchanger can often lead to lower total fees. It's worth doing the math.
Or you perform the whole trade on an instant exchange for smaller amounts without going through a CEX like Binance at all. I did an experiment a while ago checking what amounts I could have received on an instant exchange compared to a CEX. Instant Exchange VS a CEX: Who Wins?

What I don't like about these instant swaps platforms are the sudden freezing of funds and requesting KYC and the fact they have plenty of scam accusations to their names. It's a risk everyone needs to weigh up for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
They also have to consolidate deposits of course, which they do again in massive batched transactions with a much lower fee rate to minimize costs, but even knocking off another ~1,500 sats for that
This consolidation (10 minutes ago) also overpaid by a factor 12. I can only conclude Binance has totally different objectives than the average Bitcoin user.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
The reason is simple: they make money when you withdraw coins from their exchange. Only a part of what they charge you is used to pay the mining fees for your transaction. Most of it is their profit. Just like any other business, they want their profit margin to be as big as possible. If people didn't complain and if they feared they would lose their customers, they would raise this amount even higher.

P2P trading and being able to set your own fees the way you want it will always help you save money.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
Partly the two reasons outlined above (force you to keep your coins on the exchange, and trick newbies in to using a centralized scamcoin instead), and partly pure profiteering. Last time I looked at it, the number of batched outputs in each of Binance's withdrawals transactions meant that each output averages out as only around 45-50 vbytes. Here's a recent withdrawal transaction from Binance now they have moved over to segwit (it only took them 5 years!) - https://mempool.space/tx/0136bd7279781b272d78691ab41947dd3b50481427e79644257f41198570a8f8. 29 outputs, paying a total fee of 17,160 sats, meaning each output contributed ~592 sats to the transaction. (Ignoring that they overpaid by 17x and could have broadcast at 1 sat/vbyte). So if current withdrawal fees are 20,000, then that's 19,408 sats per withdrawal going in to Binance's pocket. They also have to consolidate deposits of course, which they do again in massive batched transactions with a much lower fee rate to minimize costs, but even knocking off another ~1,500 sats for that, then they are making a nice 18,000 sats in profit per withdrawal.

Multiply that by thousands of withdrawals a day, and it is tens of thousands of dollars in value that Binance users are losing every day for absolutely no reason.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
First: you should move (bottom-left) this topic to the Exchanges board.

Second: You're data is outdated. Current Binance withdrawal fees are 0.0002 BTC (and I've been told the SegWit amount on that page is outdated).
The reason for those high fees can be seen from the same page: Binance tries to trick gullible users into accepting their own made-up tokens instead of Bitcoin. There's only one Bitcoin, but Binance offers "BNB Smart Chain (BEP20)", "BNB Beacon Chain (BEP2)" and "Ethereum (ERC20)". As all altcoins, those are only created to make the creator rich. Don't accept substitutes! Even better if you don't use exchanges that promote fake Bitcoins for their own financial gain.
TL;DR: Don't use Binance.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
Because withdrawal fee is actually a service fee which you pay the exchange for their services not all of it is for the transaction itself.
Additionally exchanges want to discourage people from withdrawing their coins from their accounts so that they can keep their liquidity high specially if the exchange is doing something shady like selling coins they don't have and if everyone were to withdraw they would run out of coins to give them.
Activity: 45
Merit: 18
Hi,
trading websites like binance, do charge user for 0.0005 BTC (half of mili BTC or 0.5 mBTC) when user is going to withdraw.
Many other websites are likely charging users for same fee. What is the reason?
Sites like binance do pay users in groups, I mean they pay to 10 users in same transaction. this will also reduce fee payed by binance.
So why binance (or other sites) do charge user for $10 as fee when they do pay $1-2 as fee?
For example even if binance pay $1 as fee to the bitcoin network, then it will charge user for $10 (0.5mBTC).
I think binance do not likes that users withdraw their BTCs because maybe they do not have enough BTC in their wallets! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: