Pages:
Author

Topic: History of transactions and balance don't match after switching to Electrum - page 2. (Read 205 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 66
I checked all 3 addresses on a blockchain explorer.
Zero balance, the last transaction in 2017.
The last transaction is just like the one on Electrum.
But I remember that I didn't do that transaction......
Hi guys!
Thank you very much!
Starting answering your questions one by one!
1. How I got private keys from core:
Help ---> Debug ----> Console ----> Dumpprivkeys  [address].
2. Addresses that I used:
I used 3 addresses from the wallets, the ones that I ever used to receive btc.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Why? What is it? :-)
Did I wrong something or was something hacked?
Your Core wallet is obviously not synced and it can't show correct balance and transaction, but you don't really need to use both wallet.
Easy solution is to check your address on any blockchain explorer that can confirm your balance and transaction.
You can also download full bitcoin blockchain if you want to wait for days and have your computer working 24/7.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Is core fully synced (you won't see a progress bar at the bottom if it is).

Have you checked if the addresses are similar or if there are differences in that between core and electrum. There was the segwit fork back in 2017 which might've caused some addresses to be different - if you were experimenting with segwit back then you might've sent some funds to an address that needs importing separately in electrum.

How did you get the private keys out of core to put them into electrum too? Did you use a command/tool to get them all out or did you select specific addresses and their private keys.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2348
Are you sure your Bitcoin core wallet is properly synchronized?
Have you checked all your adresses one by one in each wallet? The same addresses are displayed in both wallets? All your adresses with unspent amounts from Bitcoin Core appear in your Electrum wallet and vice versa?
If yes have you try to look at these addresses through a blockchain explorer to see what transactions/amounts they've really received?
Hi,

I have 2 old core wallets on old PC, one of them with almost zero balance, and another one with some BTC on it.
I was experimenting with the "almost empty" Core wallet.
Experiment was: importing private keys from Core to Electrum. I set up new Electrum (on new PC) and imported private keys into it during set up.
And Electrum shows very strange situation!
1. Zero balance.  While there was 0.0006 btc on Core wallet.
2. The history of transactions doesn't match. Many transactions shown on Electrum differs from the ones on Core. Time is slightly different, amounts are slightly different. Electrum shows some old transactions which are not on Core. And Core shows some old transactions which are not on Electrum. One cannot say that it is totally different history of transactions! It is similar to original one, but still different.
Btw, Electrum says the last transaction was in 2017.
That't right, the last transaction was in 2017,  but it was different last transaction and the balance was not zero.
Why? What is it? :-)
Did I wrong something or was something hacked?

Pages:
Jump to: