Pages:
Author

Topic: Hive: The New Steem Community Hard Fork...Thoughts? - page 2. (Read 325 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
I think last night become last chance for every one get hive coin hard fork from steemit, some one hold their steemit coin on Binance exchange will earn hive coin and distributed after hard fork time is ended last night, maybe will list on binance for hive coin later.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
I have earned most of my steem power through blogging and have never touched the power down button, so this hive airdrop is basically free thing.

I don't think Justin is going to give up Steem just like that while Hive also has notable people who can turn things around.

Only time will tell, I'm in for the ride.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The Steem blockchain just hard forked today at 10 AM EST. For those unaware of the situation, there has been a controversy between TRON's latest acquisition of Steemit, Inc. and the community itself. They were unable to reach an agreement, which resulted on both sides heading their separate ways by forking. I know that the Steem blockchain is not as popular as other blockchains in the mainstream world, but the fact that TRON's Justin Sun took control over most of the network's consensus witnesses has a lot to say about DPoS' level of decentralization.

I'm starting to wonder whenever this newly-launched hard fork will be a success? After all, most forks tend to be less valuable than the original coin. A good example of this is the infamous Bitcoin Cash hard fork that has a lower market cap and price than the original Bitcoin (BTC) itself. Of course, the decentralized nature of Blockchain technology allows anyone to fork at will when none of the parties involved are able to reach a common agreement. The recent pump in STEEM's price yesterday, shows that people are interested in "free money" than anything else. After all, Steem token holders will obtain the same number of coins on the hard-forked "HIVE" blockchain. Major exchanges like Binance and Huobi have already announced support for the hard fork (HIVE). We'll see how this plays in the long run, for both chains. Either Steem dies altogether, or both chains will be able to survive alongside each other for many years to come.

What are your thoughts about the new Steem fork? Was it a good decision by the community? Or will it fail in the long run? In highly unpredictive crypto world, anything could happen in the future. Any opinion on this matter will be appreciated. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: