Pages:
Author

Topic: HMINERS IS A CONFIRMED SCAM!!!! - page 2. (Read 4313 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
August 29, 2017, 12:57:32 PM
You can basically write off the money you lost, you will not get it back. Whenever you see a miner with rediculously impossible numbers you really should research before attempting to buy. There are only 3 real miner manufacturers out there.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
August 29, 2017, 12:54:27 PM
Try a whois on them to see if they have a agent?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 29, 2017, 10:07:24 AM
Sorry to hear, I've found a site which looked a bit too good to be true so I've asked before handing over any cash here:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase some ASIC hardware (S9 & L3+) and stumbled upon http://minersondemand.com/ late last week.  The domain has only been up a few weeks and apart from a couple scripted testimonials on youtube here and here I've not been able to find any mention of them online.

They use Paypal as their payment portal however when I went to process my cart I was greeted with Paypal's "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." message.
 I emailed MINERSonDEMAND to enquire about supply and was told that Paypal have done the whole "freeze their funds for 180 days" thing because Paypal deem it "high risk business" presumably because it's BTC hardware.  I've known of Paypal to do this to legit merchants in the past when they start receiving high order volume, take for example jehugarcia's experience on youtube for a group buy of 18650 batteries.

I enquired as to whether or not I could pay using an alternative means, eg direct deposit or payment in BTC and they will accept the latter.  The site doesn't have the look or feel of a scammy site however some phishing emails I've seen of late have been pretty convincing so I know the scammers are lifting their game.

So I'm reaching out to the BTC community in the hope somebody can share their experience with this company, are they legit?  Any experience or feedback appreciated, thanks!

Do you know where in Australia Hminers are located?  I only ask as I'm an Aussie, their website suggests offices in the UK and US but I'm guessing you've done some whois digging to be saying that?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 29, 2017, 06:39:31 AM
I should have seen it, I should have recognised it but I ignored all the warning signs. As a complete NUBE and idiot, this sadly needs to be my first post. DONT BUY from Hminers.com, I did and lost....big.

The entire site is a SCAM!!!!!

Please tell everyone you can....no doubt most of you already knew it but the site is only a couple of weeks only and I was that green.

If anyone knows what, if anything, can be done, please let me know. I also think they are Australian.

predig.
Pages:
Jump to: