Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 3. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 142
November 20, 2018, 01:21:01 PM
I have long realized that HODL strategy is not smart, it is imposed on us by manipulators, who profit from it. Ordinary people only lose on this strategy as a rule.

Well some time you need to have patience and consider this those who had being bought at early start of the bitcoin and would not have hold and sold it on some profits  do you think they could have become millionaire or billionaire from bitcoins? Need to have strategy as per situation.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
November 20, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
You can't hold on to your assets for ever, especially in the case of new generation assets such as Bitcoin. The intelligent investors always do profit booking, when the timing suits them.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 20, 2018, 12:13:57 PM
tell that to people who bought their coins at 12$ back in the time.

...and to the guy who bought those pizzas for 10k BTC back in 2010 Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
November 20, 2018, 12:04:34 PM
If you are holding newly listed coins then it wouldn't be good to hold them for long-term. As the market has been in continuous bearish mode, who knows many of these coins may fail in future.

I also do not hold them for a long time. As a rule, they are very volatile. As for me, these tokens are for the day trading. Hodl Ethereum, Bitcoin, DASH, Monero and other reliable cryptos.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 20, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
hold or not, depending on certain coins. I usually keep coins that I think will be good for some time.
maybe sometimes holding coins is not a good solution, but sometimes also holding certain coins can provide many benefits.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 19, 2018, 09:21:51 AM
It largely depends upon your expectations from your Investments. If you are in for long term, hodl is the key. These short term market volatility shouldn't be bothering. But if you are in for trade which can be short, mid or long term. Hodling won't be the right strategy. You would like to make profit out of the every market movement.
well, when you just held it back, without strategy, I thought it would hurt. for now, you can be sure for those who hold coins to lose, there are even some people who sell forcibly to avoid losses. well, because of things like this, sometimes holding back buses is also detrimental.

Well people who sell to avoid losses don't have that much confidence in their reason for hodling. Sometimes the best reason for hodling isn't really about the value of your coins but what it'll be and it's uses in the future. If you hodl because you believe that bitcoin and blockchain is the future of transactions, then the long wait would be well worth it.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
November 19, 2018, 09:01:22 AM
It largely depends upon your expectations from your Investments. If you are in for long term, hodl is the key. These short term market volatility shouldn't be bothering. But if you are in for trade which can be short, mid or long term. Hodling won't be the right strategy. You would like to make profit out of the every market movement.
well, when you just held it back, without strategy, I thought it would hurt. for now, you can be sure for those who hold coins to lose, there are even some people who sell forcibly to avoid losses. well, because of things like this, sometimes holding back buses is also detrimental.
Activity: 64
November 19, 2018, 07:33:29 AM
I have long realized that HODL strategy is not smart, it is imposed on us by manipulators, who profit from it. Ordinary people only lose on this strategy as a rule.

Give my account back.

This Russian guy steal my account (password reuse). Don't believe anything he says.
Activity: 280
November 19, 2018, 06:58:57 AM
why you hodl when other people sell off them coin? that's make me cry when hodl alone my coin when my friend sell off them. but, i have analystic about price happen now, price will grow up when end off year of december
Activity: 893
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
November 19, 2018, 06:21:29 AM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
HODLing (holding) cryptos is not exclusive to trading or people with knowledge about trading !

AFAIK we can HODL coins because market price is low or no suitable exchanges are available at that pointing time, sometimes we might have bought coins at a high price and the coin price could have dipped along the way and only way to recover our invested money is to hodl and later break even. Holding kicks in which different circumstances.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
November 19, 2018, 06:09:55 AM
maybe its to risk to hold any coins.and now its proven , all coins down again.if sell our asset few weeks ago maybe our asset value would not like current value.
Activity: 686
November 19, 2018, 05:42:19 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 254
November 19, 2018, 05:42:00 AM
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006
November 19, 2018, 05:31:28 AM
Depends on your trading style. They claim that hodl is the best way to recover your losses if ever your stuck holding an expensive coin. Example is price of BTC went down to $5,300 and you bought BTC at $6,500 its either you hold your Bitcoin until market is clear and price starts to recover. It may take a few weeks or perhaps month for price to fully recover. Day traders may shift to long hold if suddenly price of the coin he is watching dropped.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
November 19, 2018, 04:51:35 AM
All holder is loss now because all cryptocurrency dumped hard. Situation of crypto market in this year  is much different with previous years. Crypto market in financial crisis and less trust. Mostly All crypto was dumped 75% to 99% and this is very bad situation. Now we understanding crypto investment and trading is very big risky so to be holder should be also has risk management and strategy.
Activity: 81
November 19, 2018, 04:04:41 AM
For me, I do prefer HODLing because I am not a day trader. I have a permanent job but I am a crypto hodler. I want my cryptos as a long term investment because I do believe in the near future value of my cryptos will have a huge increase just like what happen to bitcoin now.
The way to think like you is to think relax and wait for prices to rise as expected. The question is: "how long does it wait for prices to rise to make a big profit?". For rich people, such techniques are not a problem. But if the money is small, it can be a problem. So my advice, it's better to trade with a little capital, but the profits are pretty good. Of course the longer the capital gets bigger.
Activity: 677
November 19, 2018, 02:44:31 AM
Hold is not recommended if you hold a coin that has no potential, but if you hold a potential coin it is the best choice and can secure assets if the price returns to normal
Activity: 1708
Merit: 3
November 19, 2018, 02:42:25 AM
I don't advise holding crytocurrency now many tends to lose prices .The market has been bear for a long period of time and it's not showing any signs of recovery upto now many speculate that the bear market will be over around November -december but what we saw is another new-low records.Many of this coins have lost half their prices i wish i sold them long ago .The best thing to do is to sell your coins when their prices are okay rather than holding them.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
November 18, 2018, 10:06:10 PM
HODL is a good thing if ever the price you are trading for are going down already and you don't want to sell for losses. So Holding is your primarily option and it defends on you on HODL it longer until the price goes up and have a decent price for you.
Activity: 518
November 18, 2018, 06:50:47 PM
Holding is not bad if you really believe on your coin. And even trading is fine. It depends on you on how will you want to earn a good profit. Take time to learn everything before you make decisions.Holding and trading is good but learn first to get a good profit.
Pages:
Jump to: