Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLER Wallet - The Only Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet - page 3. (Read 19543 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

We'd like to invite you all to take part in the HODLER Wallet infrastructure tests. The total sum to be won this time is 2,000 USD worth of bitcoin. Every one of you has an equal chance to grab some of this money.

On 6.11.2018 in we will publish backups (including passwords) to 100 wallets, with 20USD worth of bitcoin on each of them. The total sum of the prizes is 2,000 USD. All you have to do in order to win this money is join our Telegram group where the backups will be published (https://telegram.me/HODLER_TECH_IN ), have HODLER Wallet installed, use it to restore a backup as fast as you can, and send the stored money to your own address. There's no limit to how many wallets one person can take funds from, so if you're quick there's a lot of money to be made.

The minimum number of people required for these tests to start is 5,000, but for them to give fully reliable results we would like around 10,000 people to participate. That's why we encourage you to share this information about the tests everywhere you can.

I really like this type of airdrop. Up to November, will iOS or MacOS version be released? Otherwise, I have to use my wife's phone. She may want some commission from me Smiley
Activity: 417
Merit: 2
 I've been one of the first to support this project and I'm amazed by how this project improves continuously and gets better and better.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
I just downloaded android app from Holder website,  it looks exactly another myetherwallet but very easy interface and secure enogh.
So far everything works correctly, i hope Hodler will become one of  the most used wallet in market fornits security
copper member
Activity: 183
Merit: 18
www.hodler.tech - HODLER - Open Source MultiWallet
We want to popularize our software because there are many opportunities to earn if you have a good and popular wallet. Integration with the  exchanges of our "retailer mode" feature, coin listing and promotion of the commercial HODLER Hardware Wallet solution. We prefer advertising expenditures directly to users than to pay tens of thousands of dollars for articles in the media. We want the community to feel connected with us and recommend our wallets. This is the win-win situation. We have a long-term development strategy.
Merit: 506
Why would you give away money to people for testing an open source wallet? Are you getting anything out of this? This is like Satoshi paying people to try out bitcoin Cheesy Do you also have another means of communication other than telegram?
copper member
Thank you for your kind words, it is very important to us. This is the biggest award for over 9 months of writing, planning, implementing, testing and communicating with the community. We have completely absorbed us, we are constantly wondering what to improve, what to add to the wallet to make it even better.

Society has a great share in the development of our software. Everything we introduce we consult with active community members. The wallet is built by you and for you.

You ask a lot about timelock, so we get to work and soon we will send a test solution Smiley
Merit: 511
It looks like no other wallets have come up with such an amazing functionality till yet but it is also a bigger achievement if "timelock" works as described.
I am thinking to try this open source app in my smart phone, will write for support if needed
Activity: 630
Merit: 172
Installed Windows wallet , looks fine to me . I hope this application will add more security as a statement made by @LoyceV made me bit concerned . I have installed this application in main laptop that has all other wallet data & till now everything is good .

Thanks for trying out our wallet. We are constantly getting community feedback through our Telegram channel (https://telegram.me/HODLER_TECH_IN) and so far nobody has reported any security related issues. We are the only fully Open Source multi-wallet on the market and anyone can review and verify the code. Furthermore, we will soon undergo an independent security audit which willl confirm the highest grade of security delivered by our project.

I love seeing great projects like this starting out and gaining adoption.  Its a beautiful thing to watch a project grow right in front of your eyes.  I hope this wallet succeeds, good luck.
copper member
Installed Windows wallet , looks fine to me . I hope this application will add more security as a statement made by @LoyceV made me bit concerned . I have installed this application in main laptop that has all other wallet data & till now everything is good .

Thanks for trying out our wallet. We are constantly getting community feedback through our Telegram channel (https://telegram.me/HODLER_TECH_IN) and so far nobody has reported any security related issues. We are the only fully Open Source multi-wallet on the market and anyone can review and verify the code. Furthermore, we will soon undergo an independent security audit which willl confirm the highest grade of security delivered by our project.
Activity: 630
Merit: 107
copper member

We'd like to invite you all to take part in the HODLER Wallet infrastructure tests. The total sum to be won this time is 2,000 USD worth of bitcoin. Every one of you has an equal chance to grab some of this money.

On 6.11.2018 in we will publish backups (including passwords) to 100 wallets, with 20USD worth of bitcoin on each of them. The total sum of the prizes is 2,000 USD. All you have to do in order to win this money is join our Telegram group where the backups will be published (https://telegram.me/HODLER_TECH_IN ), have HODLER Wallet installed, use it to restore a backup as fast as you can, and send the stored money to your own address. There's no limit to how many wallets one person can take funds from, so if you're quick there's a lot of money to be made.

The minimum number of people required for these tests to start is 5,000, but for them to give fully reliable results we would like around 10,000 people to participate. That's why we encourage you to share this information about the tests everywhere you can.
copper member
Activity: 19
Merit: 3
CIO at HODLER.TECH
ok, i looked at some of the code. i see that you have basically written the elliptic curve calculates on your own. are you sure they are correct? is it tested?

i didn't understand two things:
1. why are you doing this check? r + s doesn't have to be dividable by 2. and i can't find it anywhere that says this check is needed. do you know any reason i am missing? see 4.1.3 of SEC1
also i believe this mod is completely unnecessary as the numbers you are giving it are 256-bit and mod with that larger number will return the same thing. not to mention that where it is being called the numbers (r and s for instance) must be 32 byte otherwise the implementation would be broken.
2. the other thing i didn't get is why are you using the private key itself for generating a random number for signing. isn't there any better RNG provider to use?

might i also suggest Separation of concerns. some files are too large (as in 1000+ lines) and it seems like they don't all need to be in one place.

nitpicking but DER Format comment should really move to line 252 because that is where you are DER formatting Tongue

We are very pleased that someone from outside looks through our code.
This unit, secp256k1.pas was written by me, so I will tell you about your remarks.
This mod is required due to a flaw in BigInteger class which allows to generate n-bit integer number where n is all free bits in RAM. Sometimes it create an 257 bit number even with 256bit constraits in upper lines. So this module is security check to not allow damaged r,s pair appear in signature.
About d number (priv) in k generating you got right, there should be a trngBuffer instead of d. It will be changed in next release.
This comment about DER formatting has been missed out when code was moved down. 
Our signatures are correct and they have been tested few thousand times. 
Thank you for your contribution Smiley
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
@pooya87

The power of opensource Cool
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
ok, i looked at some of the code. i see that you have basically written the elliptic curve calculates on your own. are you sure they are correct? is it tested?

i didn't understand two things:
1. why are you doing this check? r + s doesn't have to be dividable by 2. and i can't find it anywhere that says this check is needed. do you know any reason i am missing? see 4.1.3 of SEC1
also i believe this mod is completely unnecessary as the numbers you are giving it are 256-bit and mod with that larger number will return the same thing. not to mention that where it is being called the numbers (r and s for instance) must be 32 byte otherwise the implementation would be broken.
2. the other thing i didn't get is why are you using the private key itself for generating a random number for signing. isn't there any better RNG provider to use?

might i also suggest Separation of concerns. some files are too large (as in 1000+ lines) and it seems like they don't all need to be in one place.

nitpicking but DER Format comment should really move to line 252 because that is where you are DER formatting Tongue
copper member
How can you timelock coins cant the user just get there private key and use it with a different wallet and access them if they change there mind?
defeating the purpose of the timelock

The TimeLock wallet mode will require the password generated by the application (which user does not know until the lock is removed) to export the key. A normal wallet requires only a master password.

@RNS-SOL
Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I never thought I'd see pascal again in my life let alone see a project. i'll try checking the code to see how much of it i remember.

Yeah indeed, it's been ages since I've seen a project using this language.
Reminds me of my high school days where our computer teaches would let us write small little apps in BASIC or Object Pascal later on.

Very interesting to see a wallet written in this language.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
How can you timelock coins cant the user just get there private key and use it with a different wallet and access them if they change there mind?

it has nothing to do with the wallet. in simple terms what happens is that you move your funds to a new address, but while doing so you create a transaction that has a "condition" in it, that "condition" is telling the network that this transaction output (your coins) are only spendable when a certain criteria (time) is met. effectively locking your funds.

I never thought I'd see pascal again in my life let alone see a project. i'll try checking the code to see how much of it i remember.
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
copper member
Sorry for my ignorance. I have just macOS and iOS which the app doesn't support. Using your app, can I import my previous wallets? Nearly none of universal wallets doesn't have this feature. To my experience, just Imtoken 2 supports importing old EOS, ETH, BTC wallets. However, this time they put the restriction on the number of wallets for each currency, which is 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing your iOS version impatiently. Good luck.

You can import any of the wallets of the supported coins using the private key. Moreover we are soon gonna implement ERC20 Scanner - a solution that will automatically add all the ETH tokens you own to your balance and show them on the coin list as soon as you import an ETH wallet.
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
Sorry for my ignorance. I have just macOS and iOS which the app doesn't support. Using your app, can I import my previous wallets? Nearly none of universal wallets doesn't have this feature. To my experience, just Imtoken 2 supports importing old EOS, ETH, BTC wallets. However, this time they put the restriction on the number of wallets for each currency, which is 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing your iOS version impatiently. Good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: