Pages:
Author

Topic: Hodlers will not change the world - page 17. (Read 4457 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
July 26, 2018, 07:58:45 PM
Unfortunately far too many have invested in Bitcoin with the hope of getting rich quick. They are now biased - if they sell they lose, if they don't, they may lose even more - and the hold advises may give them hope. Because the market nowadays is not normal and may recover. However, it's clearly not the best advice, not for everybody. But your advice is as bad as the "HODL" ones. The best advise is "use your brain and do as it suits you best".

I also don't agree that the price will grow only when the number of transactions will grow. As I said, it's not a normal market. I think that the manipulation is too big. When that'll end, there could be a recovery, maybe some +50%. Of course, some dream of 20k+, they have to wait a bit more. Of course, there cold be a drop to 2k or even 1k. That's why people have to use their own judgement in investing.

Agreed, it's not the Hodlers neither number of transactions which may change the world, it's coming from above, the government should regulate whether to allows people using bitcoin as means of payment or just let them pseudonymous. Nevertheless, doesn't mean we can't do anything about it, for example; the current price slowly increase driven by ETF proposals, once it gets approval, more accredited investors and institutional capital get into the sector. That's may change the world (i.e. global market)
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
July 26, 2018, 07:50:11 PM
Hodlers are people who value their coins. It is true that Hodlers cannot change the world. However, they can change their own lives. With a little holding time, hodlers must be prepared for profit or loss.
Activity: 281
July 26, 2018, 06:54:42 PM
There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Yeah, that is true. If holders will hold their cryptos forever then we can expect the sudden flactuation of the price of every cryptos, just like we experience a month ago, and we will experience it too in the following yesrs.
Activity: 248
Merit: 10
July 26, 2018, 06:47:14 PM
If we balance the situation those who holds they believes bitcoin can go long term and gains good when it rises. I am also thinking if those hodlers can change the world as bitcoin designed to use daily. But users of bitcoin can change the world with its continues demands their is growth in bitcoin.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
July 26, 2018, 06:46:08 PM
I believe that hodlers may able to change their own world perhaps they will experience the most generous profit that they would earn once btc and altcoins will increase higher. It takes more patience in holding their coins since they believe that the value of such currency they are holding will multiply it's
growth.
Right.Hodlers may not totally change the world but their very own lives can be fully changed through the profits they gain from cryptos.Hopefully in the next years,cryptos will also used as a means of payment if majority of the people knows already cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 26, 2018, 06:34:16 PM
I agree with what you say. I really hope the users or enthusiasts of bitcoin is increasing. because in my opinion, if the Bitcoin user still does not increase, people continue to hold the bitcoin and do not use it then I think the bitcoin will stay in place and there is no progress whatsoever. but if Bitcoin users grow and grow, I'm sure Bitcoin will continue to rise, and one's interest in bitcoin will increase. so bitcoin can be used for everyone again and the price will surely jump in the market. that's all you have to say, the only solution the holder has to do is to change their way of thinking. at least They should start using their bitcoin to transact. maybe if all the holder have such thoughts, maybe bitcoin will increase the price.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 05:51:59 PM
I believe that hodlers may able to change their own world perhaps they will experience the most generous profit that they would earn once btc and altcoins will increase higher. It takes more patience in holding their coins since they believe that the value of such currency they are holding will multiply it's
growth.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
July 26, 2018, 04:53:03 PM
You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world?
I'll give you merit for this.
I spend lots of time in altcoin section and everyone is repeating hold until market goes green or hold until whale come, they don't understand market will never go green if everyone is holding.
Other side of story, if everyone is holding no one is using crypto, without real use crypto will die. People should go back to 2009. and read what bitcoin is and for what it is created.
But that scenario where everyone is holding is never going to happen, there are always going to be people spending or trading their coins because that is what they think is going to benefit them the most, the holders have just decided that the best thing for them to do is to hold their coins and when we see the price of bitcoin over the years I think they are right.
Activity: 210
July 26, 2018, 04:06:02 PM
Yes mostly hearing forum, we can make a conclusion that cryptic community is actually uneducated and not experienced. We are mostly consisting from the guys who are in it only for the money.
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
July 26, 2018, 06:43:32 AM
Thanks to people who believe in crypto and their prices our market is still developing, what is more our "savings" which we are putting in crypto makes coins developing faster cause they have community which supports those projects.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 06:31:55 AM
 your post is very interesting with a lot of good considerations. I  agree with you and with  that hodlers will not change the world. but I think we should hold good coins and will have a chance to get high profit
Activity: 434
The Exchange for EOS Community
July 23, 2018, 09:12:56 AM
Hodlers might won't be able to change the world but at least they play major role in the preservation of bitcoin's market price because if there will be no more hodlers, then it will just add to bitcoin's volatility as its market price will fall down drastically as these hodlers sell their crypto assets.
Activity: 28
July 23, 2018, 03:51:34 AM
Cryptocurrency is not a scam. It is simply an emerging technology that has yet to become mass market adopted. The three main arguments as to why cryptocurrency is a scam are as follows;

It is not backed by any intrinsic value and is created out of thin air

It is used by hackers to scam people or for illegal purposes

It is not issued by a government so it is not real money

These are three common reasons the government and mass media continue to push in order to discredit cryptocurrency and the proponents who are operating in the sector.
Activity: 140
July 23, 2018, 03:42:50 AM
It is the future and it cannot be ignored anymore. Such statements like it’s a scam or how stupid you should be to get involved in cryptocurrencies aren’t worth anything. Expand your knowledge, do your own research, and at the end of the day, I am sure you will see that this technology is great and changing the world.
Activity: 206
July 22, 2018, 05:20:04 PM
You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world?
I'll give you merit for this.
I spend lots of time in altcoin section and everyone is repeating hold until market goes green or hold until whale come, they don't understand market will never go green if everyone is holding.
Other side of story, if everyone is holding no one is using crypto, without real use crypto will die. People should go back to 2009. and read what bitcoin is and for what it is created.
It can be true but for me personally it is way more secure to hold and I feel myself more comfortable holding then I would go and exchange or trade-in whatever it takes to be a successful part of the system.
Activity: 238
July 21, 2018, 11:40:56 PM
But today's cryptocurrencies are hard to use on a large scale because of throughput issues.
So blockchain is just a new thing, and we still need to wait patiently.
Activity: 32
July 21, 2018, 11:39:21 PM
Hodlers are there because they believe in the long-term future of electronic money and because of the electronic money they hold, they believe it will benefit and change for themselves so they continue to hold and they do not think. to the sale of it because it is just against their ideas and beliefs.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
July 21, 2018, 06:49:50 PM
Without trully holders there would be no such ecosystem for crypto today and very soon price of bitcoin will be equivalent to zero.
Activity: 116
July 21, 2018, 05:57:55 PM
It is thanks to HODL participants that the crypto currency market is developing now, because thanks to the fact that they do not cash their crypto currency, this market survived in difficult times.
Activity: 172
July 21, 2018, 05:48:13 PM
But they will stop all those dumps that are happening on a daily basis, so it can stop something after all. I think that they are not going to change the world, but take it as reference, they are stoping all the bleed at some point
Pages:
Jump to: