Pages:
Author

Topic: Hodling or selling? - page 2. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 140
April 19, 2024, 12:09:45 AM
Personally, I also sold some bitcoin when it hit $69k and I was happy with the profits I got. Although I also expect or hope that history will repeat itself, that we will have a bull season after the halving, but it is never wrong to take profits because the future is unpredictable. There is no guarantee that we will have a bull season after the halving.
Yes, you may be right, profit taking is never wrong. However, what is important is what we do after taking profit. I'm wondering what your next plan is after you sell some BTC at 69k USD? Continue to wait for price movements after halving to buy back BTC or will you not buy back the sold Bitcoin anymore?

If you continue to stay in this market, and after the halving event the price of Bitcoin increases above 69k USD, you may have to buy it back at a higher price. And so, I think that selling at 69k is not a profit-taking action, but a tendency to trade more (selling at a high price and waiting for a lower price to buy optimal quantity).

If you do not buy back BTC and are satisfied with the profit you have achieved, then that is exactly profit taking. Congratulation.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 18, 2024, 10:26:11 PM
Actually in this case I would not say that it was a stupid decision because in the end every action of course we have thought before doing it and even if we sell now when it already makes it a profit then I think it's not a bad thing because in the end it was the decision they made to sell bitcoin because they thought that it was their goal to stop and we cannot force anyone to be in bitcoin whether it is to sell or to continue to hold the portopolio they have.
It's just that in this case it needs to be emphasized when we have sold the bitcoin that we have indirectly there will be a loss of ownership and usually when we have sold it we will be very difficult to re-enter because of the feelings of anxiety that we have so for things like this it is important to think further before action.
Those who decide to sell some of their assets have of course thought carefully so they can decide to sell and enjoy the profits they have made and there is no harm in this because they will be able to collect at another time and when we want to return to collect of course this will becomes easier because we already understand the results we get from holding a number of assets that we own and also we will be able to hold them for a long period of time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 76
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 18, 2024, 07:34:10 PM
There is no need for us to ever think of selling our Bitcoin because that would be the most stupid decision we could ever make in the crypto market. We need to be relaxed and keep buying if we have the funds to buy but if not, we can decide to hold for as long as possible so that we can earn huge from the market.
 Bitcoin price is going to reach 100k and we should not be surprised if that ever happened. The market is huge and we are not the only one taking the risk, we need to be prepared for the bull so that we earn from cryptocurrency. Those that can take the risk would do that and those that can't would have no option than to sell and regret later.
Top traders and whales have thoroughly made their analysis on bitcoin and its definitely going to reach top targets in the system. It's all just a matter of time before Bitcoin triggered the pumps to $100k. I'm confident this event will take place and we'll be there to witnessed our portfolio, this have always been the main reason I've not touch my bitcoin though I've managed to touch others coins. The halving will be arriving in few days time and we should be ready.
Activity: 784
Merit: 615
April 18, 2024, 05:11:38 PM
There is no need for us to ever think of selling our Bitcoin because that would be the most stupid decision we could ever make in the crypto market. We need to be relaxed and keep buying if we have the funds to buy but if not, we can decide to hold for as long as possible so that we can earn huge from the market.
 Bitcoin price is going to reach 100k and we should not be surprised if that ever happened. The market is huge and we are not the only one taking the risk, we need to be prepared for the bull so that we earn from cryptocurrency. Those that can take the risk would do that and those that can't would have no option than to sell and regret later.
Actually in this case I would not say that it was a stupid decision because in the end every action of course we have thought before doing it and even if we sell now when it already makes it a profit then I think it's not a bad thing because in the end it was the decision they made to sell bitcoin because they thought that it was their goal to stop and we cannot force anyone to be in bitcoin whether it is to sell or to continue to hold the portopolio they have.
It's just that in this case it needs to be emphasized when we have sold the bitcoin that we have indirectly there will be a loss of ownership and usually when we have sold it we will be very difficult to re-enter because of the feelings of anxiety that we have so for things like this it is important to think further before action.
Activity: 980
Merit: 519
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
April 18, 2024, 05:05:15 PM
If an investor is planning to hold for a long time then they should not sell now I think it would be a good decision to hold the investment for longer. Bitcoin has just crossed its all-time high and now the market is in a bit of an uptrend. The market will definitely try to create a good support from this situation and try to break the next resistance that the market has by creating a good support. This time of the year the price of Bitcoin usually falls in half but if the price of Bitcoin is normal this year, it can be assumed that there are good times ahead for Bitcoin. But those who are not able to rely on this much can sell as they wish but if I am allowed to take the decision regarding my investment then I would say I will definitely hold my investment for some more time.
the more we hold our Bitcoin longer then the more we got a profit it is proven and tested by other investors so nowadays as we all know that it's better to hold our investment cause if we sell our coins then there's a possibility that we can get small amount of profits but if we hold it then in the near future we got a good and enough profits to sustain our daily needs and wants. Patience is a virtue so the more we have patience the more we got but if we are too greedy then there's a possibility that we will regret some day.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
April 18, 2024, 04:39:11 PM
Check your reason to sell and weight if it would be valid to settle for a temporary loss. If you know how this market behaves then you guys should be calm. Of course it would be a better decision to keep on holding, and if possible, fill your bags more. The bullrun has just started and there's just a mild dump happened recently and that's a normal thing. Also, bullrun won't start in an instant given that we're days away from the halving. Situations such as investors grabbing profit is something not surprising.

It would be okay to be tempted but if you will observe those wallets who sold, they will again purchase on the verge of recovery. If you happened to miss the 'wave' then that would be a bigger regret, I believe. But you're free to do so, just hope that you won't regret it eventually.

People who managed to hold for long years are simply driven to earn more. They know how far this industry have become and that gave them the idea that there's more into it.
Bitcoin is currently in price correction, so if you end up panic selling, most likely you will end up with a low and regrettable price. But if you chose to hold and accumulate more bitcoin by taking advantage of the present price, that will even put you at a bigger profits when bitcoin price will consistently move upward once the correction is over. So always weigh your decision right, so you won’t end up losing and regretting due to wrong decision making.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
April 18, 2024, 12:19:31 PM
Right now it's better to hold. I believe after halving we might not see huge green bars but after few weeks we might see the greatest moves
Activity: 980
Merit: 947
April 18, 2024, 11:05:54 AM
It's too dangerous a moment now for bying.
Because the BTC is rushing with a force that has not yet been there, but we have already seen three levels of rebound in the area of 69000. And as the practice of the last two ATH has shown, breaking through the previous level does not mean flying to the Moon, the price can set new highs, and then, as if nothing had happened, go for a correction, which is why you need to use stop-loss. I'll give you an example of how I did it yesterday (although the example is the opposite):
- I have stable coins. I decide that the BTC price will eventually rise and fly above 70k. I want to buy at 60k and put a delay on the purchase, while when I buy, I will put the stop loss somewhere at 57k, because I think that below 57k there will only be a drop in price. Who did not understand - stop loss implies the overflow of BTC into the stablecoin.
I would not buy Bitcoin now, neither for holding nor for trading. For a hold, I think the price is too high, in general, buying an asset when it is close to the ATH is not the best idea, even if I believe that the price will rise, it will still not bring such a big profit, and in the end will only correct my purchase price.

And I think now is not the best time for trading, when the market is so volatile, it is better to refrain from any actions and just wait until everything becomes clear. When it comes to money, haste will never bring us anything good. And if you really want to trade, then of course you need to do this only with a stop loss in order to at least somehow reduce your losses.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager
April 18, 2024, 10:59:28 AM
If an investor is planning to hold for a long time then they should not sell now I think it would be a good decision to hold the investment for longer. Bitcoin has just crossed its all-time high and now the market is in a bit of an uptrend. The market will definitely try to create a good support from this situation and try to break the next resistance that the market has by creating a good support. This time of the year the price of Bitcoin usually falls in half but if the price of Bitcoin is normal this year, it can be assumed that there are good times ahead for Bitcoin. But those who are not able to rely on this much can sell as they wish but if I am allowed to take the decision regarding my investment then I would say I will definitely hold my investment for some more time.
the more we hold our Bitcoin longer then the more we got a profit it is proven and tested by other investors so nowadays as we all know that it's better to hold our investment cause if we sell our coins then there's a possibility that we can get small amount of profits but if we hold it then in the near future we got a good and enough profits to sustain our daily needs and wants. Patience is a virtue so the more we have patience the more we got but if we are too greedy then there's a possibility that we will regret some day.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
April 18, 2024, 09:13:34 AM
The current market conditions have created another opportunity for you to buy Bitcoin. Because the market is down right now buy as many bitcoins as you want and hold Bitcoin don't sell now. If you sell your bitcoin holdings now, you may face a loss but if you hold the patience for a long time and sell it after the bitcoin halving, you may see a profit on your holdings. There is reason for many to be disappointed by the sudden drop in the price of Bitcoin. So don't worry about dumping bitcoin price be patient and invest regularly maybe good times are waiting.

Personally, I also sold some bitcoin when it hit $69k and I was happy with the profits I got.
Yes, you were able to buy bitcoins at the right time by adopting the right strategy due to which you were able to profit by selling them when the price of bitcoins rose. If someone invests in Bitcoin and is able to hold it for a long period of time then he will definitely be able to make a profit from his investment.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
April 18, 2024, 05:10:28 AM
Activity: 1330
Merit: 687
Arts & Crypto
April 18, 2024, 04:00:37 AM
It's too dangerous a moment now for bying.
Because the BTC is rushing with a force that has not yet been there, but we have already seen three levels of rebound in the area of 69000. And as the practice of the last two ATH has shown, breaking through the previous level does not mean flying to the Moon, the price can set new highs, and then, as if nothing had happened, go for a correction, which is why you need to use stop-loss. I'll give you an example of how I did it yesterday (although the example is the opposite):
- I have stable coins. I decide that the BTC price will eventually rise and fly above 70k. I want to buy at 60k and put a delay on the purchase, while when I buy, I will put the stop loss somewhere at 57k, because I think that below 57k there will only be a drop in price. Who did not understand - stop loss implies the overflow of BTC into the stablecoin.
Activity: 102
Merit: 21
April 18, 2024, 03:10:28 AM
Greetings,everyone
At this point in time,i was wondering about the opinions of dear forum users
There is a long period of time when the bitcoin price is at a rather high level,compared to the price a year ago
Some users have sold all their bitcoins as soon as the price became higher than the price at which they bought them
But i'm interested in the actions of those who bought their bitcoins more than 2-3 years ago and sold them now or are still hodling them
How did you find the strength and patience to resist this temptation?
Please answer people who hodl not $1-2k,but at least from $20k
After all,the fear of loss from investing $1k is much easier to bear than from investing $20k
For me this is the best indicator of inner strength and patience,because the greater the amount of investment,the greater the scale of his personality

P.S i've personally hedl bitcoins for a few years and it's well over $2k

-Regards

For someone who have held bitcoin for 2-3 years I think holding it for the next bull run which is in a year  time or so  shouldn’t be a problem unless you are in some kind of financial problem and have to sell off your holdings.
I know holding is never easy, it requires a lot of patience. I know of a few friends like that who invested in not just bitcoin but alt coins too, since I have knowledge on crypto than them I advised them to hold more for a year, that the next bull run is almost here,a few of them sold off their holdings due to some financial issues and panic from the dip that occurred, 2 of them who invested then are still holding and I really appreciate them. So most times most people are forced to sell not because they lack patience but because they are in some financial issues and will have to sell and it is why people are advised to invest what they can afford to lose and assume the money invested is gone until they meet their target goal.

Another thing about holding depends on our individual differences in time of our greed. Everybody who is investing have an atom of greed in them. So some people when they make a little profit they tend to sell and are actually okay with that but some will still hold believing there will be a big bull coming. Some will take their invested funds and will leave their profit as their investment and it never wrong to take from your profit.

Lastly i will just say who ever have held  bitcoin till this period, I will advice you hold a little longer till they next bull Run which is almost here, atleast to get reward for your patience all these years.
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 17, 2024, 11:51:33 PM
Personally, I also sold some bitcoin when it hit $69k and I was happy with the profits I got.

Yes. A good strategy and at least you have profited.

Although I also expect or hope that history will repeat itself, that we will have a bull season after the halving, but it is never wrong to take profits because the future is unpredictable. There is no guarantee that we will have a bull season after the halving.

Who is able to predict it all correctly, of course there is no, but if we have experienced this halving moment several times, of course, the direction and movement of the market will be more or less read even though it is not right as a whole.

I think this is also important as an encouragement that Bitcoin halving does not always cause dramatic events that drastically change the market whether it rises or falls in a day everything will work as it is, also pay attention to the working patterns of miners leading up to this event or after this event.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
April 17, 2024, 07:31:58 PM
Greetings,everyone
There is a long period of time when the bitcoin price is at a rather high level,compared to the price a year ago
Some users have sold all their bitcoins as soon as the price became higher than the price at which they bought them
But i'm interested in the actions of those who bought their bitcoins more than 2-3 years ago and sold them now or are still hodling them
After all,the fear of loss from investing $1k is much easier to bear than from investing $20k
For me this is the best indicator of inner strength and patience,because the greater the amount of investment,the greater the scale of his personality

P.S i've personally hedl bitcoins for a few years and it's well over $2k

-Regards

Same question and consideration is I owned a landed property and it has started doing well and I know it has more potential to do better and I'm confused if to sell or hold, to me I'll do according to the plan, do I need the money ? If no then I won't and if yes I would.

And I feel most holders are not holding based on the conviction of selling when the price is high or even considering selling at all, it's all about having a stake in a good asset that has potential to generate wealth for you, yeah most persons started our for the profits but later started having a conviction that bitcoin is a good asset and with holding and storing value in. Okay compared to having cash or saving money, I would personally prefer to have my most value stored in bitcoin and that's my personal approach, so I'll rather be thinking in terms of buying than selling through DCA.

The question you should ask yourself is how do I view bitcoin and what decision have I made concerning it, that way you would find strength to hold for longer term or sell right now, and that decision would be yours cause with all our opinions you may never find strength to hold or to sell now, no one can help you figure that out but yourself, and In any case you have  to come to that decision on your view on bitcoin.
Activity: 69
Merit: 6
April 17, 2024, 05:27:25 PM
Bitcoin rainbow chart says "still cheap". Google it.

Yep. That's a good tool to tell you when you buy, hold and sell. 
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
April 16, 2024, 11:54:25 PM
Good mindset. One should not be selling if he’s not actually in a bad financial situation, otherwise he will only miss a huge opportunity that might turn all his hodlings into a massive ones.
You don't have to be in dire need of money and broke to sell your bitcoin. Do it to treat yourself and your family. Renew certain things around the house or buy gear and equipment that you need. The current price is still a great exit stage if you bought your coins much cheaper. You can't know the needs I have, same way I don't know your position. So whatever rules I have working for me could be completely ridiculous to your personal situation.   

Taking profits is never wrong, but I believe that not many people will do as you say because everyone wants big profits, everyone is greedy and many people will continue to hold because everyone believes that there will be a crazy bull season after halving.

Personally, I also sold some bitcoin when it hit $69k and I was happy with the profits I got. Although I also expect or hope that history will repeat itself, that we will have a bull season after the halving, but it is never wrong to take profits because the future is unpredictable. There is no guarantee that we will have a bull season after the halving.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
April 16, 2024, 11:17:27 AM
Good mindset. One should not be selling if he’s not actually in a bad financial situation, otherwise he will only miss a huge opportunity that might turn all his hodlings into a massive ones.
You don't have to be in dire need of money and broke to sell your bitcoin. Do it to treat yourself and your family. Renew certain things around the house or buy gear and equipment that you need. The current price is still a great exit stage if you bought your coins much cheaper. You can't know the needs I have, same way I don't know your position. So whatever rules I have working for me could be completely ridiculous to your personal situation.   
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264
April 16, 2024, 05:30:38 AM
Bitcoin rainbow chart says "still cheap". Google it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
April 16, 2024, 05:28:59 AM
Greetings,everyone

P.S i've personally held bitcoins for a few years and it's well over $2k

-Regards

To be honest, the threads about hodling and selling/ trading Bitcoin are tiring to comment on the forum. There are a lot of ways to discipline oneself into doing what you want to do and the same applies to hodling Bitcoin.
I respect the fact that you've held Bitcoin for over a few years. How did you do it? Isn't it the same way others did it?  Hodling Bitcoin is its own reward. The fact that you know despite the fluctuation you're gonna get something big, isn't that even the reason you started.

I believe if you're the type to easily liquidate and spend what you have due to temptations then you should learn to manage your fiance's in a way that some BTC are hodl and a little kept aside for liquidation. That way you can hodl and trade for little expenses, just like you spend and save your fiat currency.
Pages:
Jump to: