Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere - page 2. (Read 6228 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 10
November 27, 2018, 07:08:53 AM
After a few months of holding and seeing that the deposit is decreasing, people are yelling that holding won't bring you anything and so on. Holding means for several years and not just for a few months, till the first small price decrease.
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
November 27, 2018, 07:05:00 AM
Holding is a guarantee for the saved money and what could be better than this case. I like holding for its high level of being useful and minimal resources that it needs. So it is enough to put money there and to sleep calm about avoided losses and future income in the same time.

Holding is one way to avoid losses, rather than releasing you will lose. holding it will be safer because you store it well and at a high price you can release it. holding can lead you to success because you patiently wait and survive until conditions improve so that the value becomes very high and you can get a lot of money.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 27, 2018, 06:52:06 AM
Hold is a bad idea only in a bear market, and it all depends on your investment plan. Many people bought coins in 2017 as a long-term investment, and now they don’t even look into their portfolio, as the time has not come yet. They do not care what is happening in the market now, because their investments are long-term.
Activity: 392
November 27, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
Holding is a guarantee for the saved money and what could be better than this case. I like holding for its high level of being useful and minimal resources that it needs. So it is enough to put money there and to sleep calm about avoided losses and future income in the same time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 21, 2018, 09:07:44 AM
There is no point to continue to hold because there is no sign on the horizon that is indicating that the price will soon moon. The market generally is speculative and all the speculation has been negative which is against the bullish movement but pro bearish movement which has been since most part of the year 2018. Cut your loss by selling off whatever you.
Activity: 616
November 21, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Holding Bitcoin long term is the best strategy you should have in place regardless of market condition.  Bitcoin do perform very on long term hold basis and this has been proven time and again.

Bitcoin that has little hope will rise again from other types of coins so you should use this opportunity to get good profits in the future. It's time to be sure Bitcoin will come back at a good price.
Activity: 448
November 21, 2018, 08:47:34 AM
I believe if you start holding now after purchase lo a low level, then you will get 10x return within 2 years. Holding does make sense when capitalisation is so small and if a particular token cap is small compared to stronger competitors. My hold strategy will get me a decent return,there is no doubt!
Activity: 126
November 21, 2018, 08:42:27 AM
i totally do not agree with you on that. The best profit made from cryptocurrency trading is when you HODL. So many coins such as Bitcoin has made people filthy rich and they achieved that through HODL.
copper member
Activity: 238
November 21, 2018, 08:34:45 AM
If you are holding long term, just forget about your coins for several years. I am sick of people that are yelling that long term won't bring you anything and selling their coins after the first dump during the second week of holding.
Activity: 644
November 20, 2018, 07:16:52 PM
Holders will always be in profit if you have time to wait. I always have 50% of my portfolio in investment and I don’t touch them. By the end of next year, they will bring a good income. Not to mention the year 2020. For the rest, I trade to keep in shape))
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
November 20, 2018, 06:56:47 PM
Holding means for price stability and for any new buy that price increases and will call more increase. If everyone holds obviously price will never increase but buying more extra and attracting new investor will cause a price jump however this is not the season to confidently preach hold
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
November 20, 2018, 04:50:46 PM
Now it is difficult to choose a good moment for long-term investments. But this does not mean that you cannot invest for a long time. The main thing is to choose a good moment for a purchase. I think that now is a good moment.

if you have free money now it's the best moment for long-term investment because you will enter at low levels. and then you can hold your crypto until the sell-off.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
November 20, 2018, 04:30:44 PM
You are right that long-term investment will not lead anywhere because the cryptocurrency market is not a stock market in which every year the top companies grow and show profits, this is the case if you need to make quick decisions  Roll Eyes

Where does such confidence come from, and how are those people who hold Bitcoin buying it for $ 1000 and then the price rose to $ 20,000? Their hold brought them where necessary.
So why can't it happen again? The only disadvantage of the hold is that your funds are standing still, but it is better than losing money in a bad trading.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
November 20, 2018, 04:16:37 PM
manage of work with the tasks on finance as referring use of offers with service of deliverance for the public audience as developer to gives of chance on extensive as more on option with works as investors, clients and partisan with the business on leisure to consider the returns on expensive as
collecting of shifts on difference as developer to gains with extras on valuation as commitment on working with the manage on modest of arrange with the exhibition.

caressen webworks from indonesia to prepare plan on social dating
as dedicated to helps of pupils of indonesia to gains with option of offers with the customs of reference on returns with the manage from native party from the domestics of culture as indonesian.
Activity: 378
November 20, 2018, 04:12:34 PM
I agree with you even I also said hodling is the best choice but now my mindset is also changed due to continuous bear trend If we sell now we will book loss and If we do not sell value of our coins getting dropped month by month. I would say I did not get any benefit from holding on the other hand I lost almost 70% of my portfolio value. Listing on binance can not help us unless demand is there. I also agree if everyone holds their coin that certainly not helps the market we all should buy sell that way we can help the market to boost up. Crypto community should stand up let all unite do buy sell rather than holding.

I don't think our purchases and sales may influence the movement of the market. To see any changes in the charts lots of people with small capitals have to do the same. Technically, it's real but in practice, it's almost impossible. Charts are moved by whales! What concerns HODL, I absolutely agree with you(
Activity: 16
November 20, 2018, 03:48:23 PM
If it is at any help, it got me rekt...
Activity: 714
Merit: 107
November 20, 2018, 03:46:39 PM
Now it is difficult to choose a good moment for long-term investments. But this does not mean that you cannot invest for a long time. The main thing is to choose a good moment for a purchase. I think that now is a good moment.
Throughout the time that prices are falling, many people write that now is the best time to buy, and prices are falling lower and lower. I think that no one knows when to buy.
Activity: 476
Merit: 13
November 20, 2018, 03:42:20 PM
Activity: 150
Merit: 1
November 20, 2018, 11:48:20 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
When Binance? Lol... That question makes me laugh, always being asked. Well, sometimes hodl pays but this period has not been good for most coins so hodling only made one lose. My own strategy now is sell and buy at dip, if I sell off and it moons... Fine, all well and good but if not I will buy back and HODL.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
November 20, 2018, 11:42:45 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

You say the obvious things. But there is one problem. A huge number of players in the market does not understand basic things. They are here for quick profit and easy money. When nothing happens, they start panic selling. A good investor will wait patiently. Crypto does not forgive mistakes. The market is changing. Sooner or later, people will realize that they need to start studying the processes that are happening here.
Pages:
Jump to: