Pages:
Author

Topic: hold btc for 2 years with Electrum - page 2. (Read 394 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
January 19, 2021, 08:26:06 AM
Electrum itself is a perfectly safe piece of software provided you ensure you verify it before use, encrypt your wallet with a password, and follow the instructions on using it properly.

However, the biggest risk to you here isn't from a bug or vulnerability in Electrum, but rather from your computer becoming infected with malware or otherwise being targeted by an attacker. There are countless reports of people downloading fake copies of Electrum, or having clipboard malware, or some malware stealing their private keys, and so on. If you are planning to hold a significant amount of bitcoin, then I would look in to running Electrum on a dedicated airgapped (offline) device.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
January 19, 2021, 07:26:18 AM
There is no problem at the moment. I used electrum for about 2-3 years. but if you use the same pc, better to reinstall your OS. I'm worried the scammer still watching your pc.

If you setting up your electrum first, better to do it offline, and don't forget to verify your download
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
January 19, 2021, 07:21:44 AM
Hardware wallet is mostly recommended, your bitcoin will be safe since it's always in your possession and anytime you can access it. If you'll hold at least 1 btc for years, I think you can afford to buy a hardware wallet, always focus on security when it comes to holding, electrum is good but you should look for a safer one, and poster above is right, hard wallet is recommended.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
January 19, 2021, 07:11:09 AM
Did you run Bitaddress locally  (after cutting off your internet)? If so, then someone must've got access to your paper wallet and retrieved the funds.

There is nothing wrong with running a cold-storage with Electrum but if you're planning to store a large amount, then I would personally recommend you to buy a hardware wallet instead. A ledger nano X or a trezor would be a great choice.
Activity: 48
Merit: 6
January 19, 2021, 06:56:07 AM
hello
good time

i want to hold btc for 2 years or 3 years !
i want to use Electrum Wallet

There is no problem with this wallet ?

once, i hold btc with anothere wallet for 1 years and finaly after 1 years, i open wallet and saw my btc was 0.0 mBTC !!! and for this reason I'm very scared and i dont like to use  Bitaddress.org and cold wallet

help me

Best Regards
Pages:
Jump to: