Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold ETH until POS? - page 2. (Read 829 times)

ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
November 30, 2017, 02:00:44 AM
As i know from some whales they already buying on every ETH price drop. They do this slowly cause they want to buy much more ETH while its cheap.
And yes after POS then ETH will go to moon.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 01:54:01 AM
In the short term, there must be a large increase in the price of the company. As long as it can be held in the long term, it is certainly good for the company to transfer pos. It should be profitable for the long term.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
November 30, 2017, 01:47:18 AM
There is no exact plan (timeline) for #ETH POS upgrade
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 01:47:07 AM
Help me clarify this guys. Once POS happens, no more mining ETH. Then, is it good to sell the ETH, I have mined so far or hold until POS?
It's good if you are wanna selling all of your ethereum, but don't regret if the price of ethereum will increase more and more because the supply will be limited. As you can see about a lot of people are waiting for the POS and they can start to replace the mining with staking their coin into the ethereum network.

I agree with you. I think eth will continue to rise in early 2018. I myself have bought a lot of eth 7 months ago. and until now I still hold for several years. for the OP do not ever regret when the price starts at the pump and continues at the pump
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
FrontEnd developer
November 30, 2017, 01:41:21 AM
I believe that in the short term after the transition, but the POS and the departure of the miners. Price should sink. In the long term, ethereum will be affected. Was the network test and had small problems but I think the official start will fix everything and everything will work stable. Due to this the price will go up. I think that soon Ethereum as well go over the line of $ 1,000.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 30, 2017, 01:32:16 AM
Its better to hold it once in a while because ethereum price is pumping so fast better to wait until the pumping stops
Activity: 224
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
November 30, 2017, 01:29:11 AM
Is there any more sources of information on these options?

What option? switching to POS than POW option? I have not found it yet. But if you want to read about it, maybe this links will help
Activity: 770
fLibero.financial
November 30, 2017, 01:27:27 AM
Better days ahead with ethereum pos mining ethereum will fit so well to sustanability and price will spark. I don't intend to miss that the way I missed bitcoin
Activity: 658
November 30, 2017, 01:22:17 AM
And when the switch gonna happen? I totally forgot about that but i would hold ETH in any case, it cant go anywhere but up.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
November 30, 2017, 01:16:26 AM
There is a great probability that very soon Ethereum will be considered the most reliable cryptocurrency. Its capitalization will grow in times. Thus, I think I will better keep my ETH and do not farewell with this crypto in any case. At least will wait 1000$.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 28, 2017, 07:54:42 AM
I guess hold eth. No more mining eth means supply would now be limited and it surely will increase price. But in my predicting perspective, before POS happens eth woulld go down in price but not that long. It would still spike up to 600 in new year.
Activity: 194
CryptoPuzzle.com developer
November 28, 2017, 07:48:46 AM
So if I have 1k ETH, what is this POS?
Proof-of-stake is a different way to secure the network. You don't secure with hash (work like Proof-of-work) but with a proof of stage. If you hold eth, you will earn some ETH that are from block reward (only fee). It's a hard step for ETH so nothing is sure for the moment. But in the first time the network will switch to PoW/PoS so you'll have both of them.
Appreciate the effort to explain even i was in confusion what is POS why it will effect with ethereum price . Even i am not having enough information i need to research some may get clarity on this . As far my understanding the eth holder more than 1k will get some ether in their account periodically.

Yes but you have to "lock" your found and wait a maturity period of 4 month to become a "staker" and securise the network. Then you will perceive all blocks fees, and the block rate you get is proportionnal to your stage. More you have ethereum, more block rate you will have. But it's a choice, you don't stake by default.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 27, 2017, 07:33:27 AM
Proof-of-stake is a different way to secure the network. You don't secure with hash (work like Proof-of-work) but with a proof of stage. If you hold eth, you will earn some ETH that are from block reward (only fee). It's a hard step for ETH so nothing is sure for the moment. But in the first time the network will switch to PoW/PoS so you'll have both of them.
Appreciate the effort to explain even i was in confusion what is POS why it will effect with ethereum price . Even i am not having enough information i need to research some may get clarity on this . As far my understanding the eth holder more than 1k will get some ether in their account periodically.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
November 27, 2017, 07:27:58 AM
Is there any more sources of information on these options?
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
November 27, 2017, 07:17:13 AM
Help me clarify this guys. Once POS happens, no more mining ETH. Then, is it good to sell the ETH, I have mined so far or hold until POS?

I was also looking for an answer if "ETH starts POS, will there still be mining?". Anyways, if you own a certain amount of ETH and still not sure if its value will increase; why not try to hold 50% of it and the rest will be sold.
Even i am feeling safe 50% sell and 50% holding but already i missed chance to sell ethereum for good bitcoin price now bitcoin price is increasing too much Ethereum is slowly increasing . In exchanges ethereum prices are decreasing for bitcoin exchange . I am just waiting for bitcoin price to decrease.
Activity: 194
CryptoPuzzle.com developer
November 27, 2017, 07:12:23 AM
Activity: 48
November 27, 2017, 07:03:04 AM
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
November 27, 2017, 06:56:31 AM

Why do you think selling etherium is good now? I think the price of etherium will have big potential to increase.
I still hold mine will wait till the price $1000 per etherium.
Activity: 364
November 27, 2017, 06:53:51 AM
I would be keeping 50% of my etherium no matter what and from the other 50% etherium that i would have sold i would buy tons of Etherium classic. Once etherium goes into POS, price of ETC should sky rocket.
Activity: 350
Your professional profile on the blockchain
November 27, 2017, 06:50:19 AM
For POS - you need about 1k ETH. Do you have this amount?
Definitelly, when ETH will go to POS and reject from POW - we will see 1000$ for ETH.
Pages:
Jump to: