Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or sell it all ? - page 2. (Read 261 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 28
January 18, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
You should
What would you do and why ?  Wink
I'm positive that the crypto will do a come-back within a short time.
more people invest now when it's low.

You should sell the coins right away. The price is going to drop like a rock on water. Its best to play it safe and sell out and invest in other assets like property, gold or stocks.

If the price does go back up after you sell, it does not matter you can always buy it again at a higher rate and wait for it to go even higher to book a profit again. Take the profits now while you get a chance.

As for those expecting $20k or $8k, NO ONE knows where this is going to go so good luck trying to time this market which is on both crack and mushroom at the same time. Of course if you believe in the crypto technology, just buy and HODL at least past the 2020 reward halving.

If we have to feature out at year 2020 to the rewarding year, well that's great idea to think about because holding has a power which can change the way you live your life. Just like what am doing for the eight months of saving my coins whether its bitcoin or an alt, you can make it as a sleeping asset of yours that will mature of its value in the future. Sooner you can appreciate what you are having patience of, because it do provide you in such a way a good profit.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
January 18, 2018, 07:27:09 PM
What would you do and why ?  Wink

If you believe that crypto is going make a comeback then just keep holding. Why would you sell all of your investment in crypto when you believe in it. In my opinion, investing and speculation is all about personal belief.

I think bitcoin is quite oversold right now and it's a great time to enter at a level between $10k-$12k. After the panic is gone, we could be back to the previous crazy hype. But then, that's what i believe and you may be different.

I sold my 7 Bitcoins for $11400 a few hours ago.
I will buy back when Bitcoin reaches $8000.

Then I will have more Bitcoin than before.
This is the best solution.

Could possibly happen. But i don't see bitcoin dropping another 30% any time soon back to under $10k. Otherwise it would have already done so 2 days ago. If you believe that bitcoin is going to go down to $8k, why not just short it on leverage? It's going to get you way better returns.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
January 18, 2018, 07:22:49 PM
I had money i was depend on for a long trip and the situation now kinda ruin my plans.
if its going to be fixed back within fe weeks i h can wait but if it can takes long months to years to recover i'd rather to sell it now all.
what you suggest ?
Of course you must sell it all.  You risk to lose a lot of money if you pretend everything is OK and do that stupid 'hodl' thing.

I always look for your advice and do the opposite Smiley You serve as signal for me on what to do next.  And I am thankful for that.., though I always do the other way around Smiley.  Meaning, it is best to hodl when bitcoin price is plummeting.  I have the confidence to think so because bitcoin had proven himself to rebound after some corrections and dip then setting another all time high price.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 18, 2018, 06:54:58 PM
This bear market is just getting started and could easily last years. I wouldn't be surprised to see btc fall below $4k and maybe even lower.

Speculation based on absolutely nothing but hot air. If you seriously believe that this is the case, then why are you not buying exposure and short Bitcoin with futures? If you are confident in yourself that the market will fall back that much, then this basically is free money for you with no risk attached to it. If Bitcoin does what you think it will do, then you'll be banking big time. People have been spoiled too much with the increase of last year. If we right now would reach $3000 as all time high, the entire market would be extremely happy with that achievement. But now we have gone down to current levels of just over $11,000, people start talking about a bear market. Roll Eyes
Activity: 530
Merit: 250
January 18, 2018, 06:54:38 PM
You should
What would you do and why ?  Wink

You should sell the coins right away. The price is going to drop like a rock on water. Its best to play it safe and sell out and invest in other assets like property, gold or stocks.

If the price does go back up after you sell, it does not matter you can always buy it again at a higher rate and wait for it to go even higher to book a profit again. Take the profits now while you get a chance.

As for those expecting $20k or $8k, NO ONE knows where this is going to go so good luck trying to time this market which is on both crack and mushroom at the same time. Of course if you believe in the crypto technology, just buy and HODL at least past the 2020 reward halving.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
January 18, 2018, 06:47:18 PM

Bold move if it is real.

I would not wait until 8000 because it may not happen. I believe the value is still too low and may start to be on a bull run in a few weeks.I am hodling my bitcoin and wait for that bull run.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
January 18, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

I would sell all bitcoin. I would be open to the idea of having a small position in an altcoin like bch or maybe iota, but I'm not doing that now. I don't think now is a good time to buy in. This bear market is just getting started and could easily last years. I wouldn't be surprised to see btc fall below $4k and maybe even lower.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
January 18, 2018, 06:39:37 PM
I'm in a bitcoin for a year and when thr bitcoin value are going down it is better to hold for now and sell when it increase or when you are already satisfied with the value .
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
January 17, 2018, 12:26:14 PM

I really hope that you sold your seven Bitcoins for 11400$ each!

Selling high and buying low, that is something many people have already had in mind. Some were successful, others bought back even higher and sold again much lower.
What sounds so easy in theory sometimes is not so easy to achieve in reality.
A hodler does not have that problem.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 17, 2018, 12:12:15 PM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
January 17, 2018, 12:10:13 PM
I had money i was depend on for a long trip and the situation now kinda ruin my plans.
if its going to be fixed back within fe weeks i h can wait but if it can takes long months to years to recover i'd rather to sell it now all.
what you suggest ?
Of course you must sell it all.  You risk to lose a lot of money if you pretend everything is OK and do that stupid 'hodl' thing.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 17, 2018, 12:09:09 PM
Pages:
Jump to: