Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets - page 26. (Read 4805 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
August 06, 2018, 12:25:29 AM
Sometimes spreading your coins in numerous wallets is the best and the safest thing g to do,. As you will not lose everything when the hacker strikes, you must however be able to remember the Passwords and Private keys, this might work but just for a while since webb based wallets. Will always remain vulnerable,the best thing to do is to invest in hardware wallets. They might cost small amount but they guarantee your coins safety
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 06, 2018, 12:22:44 AM
It is best to keep investments in different purses. Purses sometimes crack. But when you have several wallets, then the coins are in a safer place. Judge for yourself what to crack one wallet, what to crack several?
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
August 06, 2018, 12:22:22 AM
Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

My goal is to change my MyEtherWallet wallets more often. I work with purses only in my device through bookmarks in the browser. This excludes entry to phishing sites. When I create wallets, I immediately remove the remaining information from the clipboard, the history of the browser, clean it from viruses and generally clear all possible information. After that I rarely try to go into the purse using a secret key, I check the contents of the wallet through etherscan.io. If you need to translate tokens, enter the private key manually, this is a guarantee that when attacking hackers they will not be able to track it.

I think we should use JSON file + password to access the wallet, it's safer than entering your private key on browser. Just my opinion Smiley
it is always depend on you if you're coin is surely secured. if youprefer multiple wallet then you can do it. but the problem is if you have a multiple wallet. maybe you don't remember each wallet you use so you have to make note. if you prefer one wallet only it is okay too. but if you're wallet got hacked all your earnings and effort would gone.
Activity: 8
August 06, 2018, 12:16:27 AM
Hi,

But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

My goal is to change my MyEtherWallet wallets more often. I work with purses only in my device through bookmarks in the browser. This excludes entry to phishing sites. When I create wallets, I immediately remove the remaining information from the clipboard, the history of the browser, clean it from viruses and generally clear all possible information. After that I rarely try to go into the purse using a secret key, I check the contents of the wallet through etherscan.io. If you need to translate tokens, enter the private key manually, this is a guarantee that when attacking hackers they will not be able to track it.

I think we should use JSON file + password to access the wallet, it's safer than entering your private key on browser. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
August 06, 2018, 12:12:22 AM
Hi,

I agree with your experience. Multiple wallets are always better than just one wallet, which is very dangerous when we put them all in it. My safety is that every coin i put in each wallet.
Activity: 308
August 06, 2018, 12:11:58 AM
I think it is a good idea to use multiple wallet, mostly your people having lost of tokens or tokens manager take this For instance, if you store all your tokens in one wallet and that wallet is being hacked, it means you've lost everything. Creating multiple wallets makes sense. You will be safe if one wallet is hacked.
August 06, 2018, 12:05:36 AM
Hi,

Mostly I use the hardware wallets. I'm talking about these wallets (XRP, XLM, EOS). Because it's given us a freedom and it is a very seure the coins for the long term without handles.
I think this is one of the best way to secure your tokens on your wallet. I also use this methods too and it's the best.
August 06, 2018, 12:02:05 AM
Yes, that's a good idea. If you still take care of everyone's safety - in general, wonderful. Thus, we protect ourselves from hacking a wallet, which we use regularly and it is in the sight of many. It always makes sense to have at least 2 wallet's.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Improve your mode of payment with crypto
August 05, 2018, 11:57:44 PM
Holding coins in multiple wallets is always smart as it improves upon your storage security and safety. For instance, if you store all your coins in one wallet and get that wallet hacked, it means you lose everything. Create multiple wallets and make sure you keep safe each one's login details safe.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
August 05, 2018, 11:57:33 PM
Yes! I think this is the best thing to do to avoid getting hacked or scum with, at least when one wallet get lost you still have another its as safe thing to do, with your many coins inside in each in every wallet you have its minimize the or lessen the chance of getting troubled with while securing your own coin..your own profit.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
August 05, 2018, 11:52:17 PM
i just have one wallet for my coins, but i giving best scure for my coins, i never giving private key for what ever its,because i know thats phising, then im using 2fa to giving best protection for my wallet
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
August 05, 2018, 11:50:55 PM
Good strategy but be sure to keep all the private keys safe and if you're holding different coins ( not icos ) it's most probably you'll have different wallet.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
August 05, 2018, 11:48:58 PM
Hi,

Activity: 8
August 05, 2018, 11:42:00 PM
Hi,

Since you've lost money to phishing I hope that you also learned to not use anymore 3rd party web services to hold your money.
I do split into multiple wallets, I also have more than one altcoin so if one goes bad I don't lose everything. I also keep offline all the wallets I don't need (I don't have to spend from them).

Great advice but do you think cold wallets (like ledger, trazor etc) are 100% safe? I don't know if our seed words are also stored in company database. I intend to buy one but I'm curious about this. What do you think?
Activity: 10
August 05, 2018, 11:37:53 PM
It is a very good idea to hold coins in multiple wallets.Because it will reduce the chance of losing coins.There are hackers who try to hack wallets and stole coins. By using multiple wallets u can minimize your lose. U can also use offline pass key. It is a strong security based way to hold coins. I will also use multiple wallets to hold my coins.It helps to ensure the safety of my  coins. So it is a great way to hold coins in multiple wallets.    
Activity: 58
August 05, 2018, 11:37:06 PM
Sorry for the loss. That sucks.

Honestly ledger nanos are cheap. Just get your self couple of them to derisk your investments. Nowadays anyone can get hacked.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
August 05, 2018, 11:34:02 PM
We need to make sure that the website's certificate is valid before we click or register on it, we learned from our mistakes and that will make us more cautious. It's a great strategy to diversify our portfolio to prevent losing all our coins and investment if ever an attack is made.
bce
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 05, 2018, 11:32:10 PM
Hi,

indeed the risk in investing with cryptocurrency is also a security issue because in this case there is no guarantee of our own security and security that must guard it, I might secure it by not opening sites that I do not know with my pc and changing the lock code periodically every month
Activity: 183
August 05, 2018, 11:23:36 PM
Warren Bufett "Never put all the eggs in a basket". This means that you need to break down your investment and keep them in different wallets. Hackers are always threatening and it is safer to divide your money into more than one wallet
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
August 05, 2018, 11:20:39 PM
divide into several wallets could certainly be a solution either. But despite so many risks that could also happen about it. When dividing into many wallets necessarily has to be meticulous in storing the private key so that the purse remained inaccessible. attack time because too many purses so forget about it and thus become a new issue that must be faced.
Pages:
Jump to: