Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding and taking profits - page 5. (Read 1564 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
July 16, 2021, 02:10:37 AM
In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Actually hold is not always good for all tokens or coins. This market is too much imbalanced and investors has to be more careful when he going to hold a token for future. Maximum time we see team did not work according to their roadmap so that if you hold a token you may loser. In my opinion if i got lamsam amount of profit i will go for first time profit and than i can go for 2nd time investment if market goes well. Otherwise small profit is good than big amount.
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
July 15, 2021, 10:28:00 PM
That's why I myself don't recommend investing in shitcoins,
especially with the current condition which is undergoing a major correction, of course, the price will decline,
what is clear is shitcoin is not the right choice if you want to invest there are still promising altcoins
Yes, when the market is in good condition shitcoin is also not a good choice for investment, especially in conditions like now, it's clearly not going to be good at all, because if someone still chooses it at this time, then it's like suicide.

I agree with you, because it is better to invest in a project that is real and has a product, so the price will definitely continue to increase and of course it will be safer for you to make a long or short term investment, then of course you will definitely get a lot of profit if you invest in real project and have product instead of investing in shit coin, because shit coin will only survive for a while and when investors from shit coin have made a profit, then they will sell it and make the price go down, so of course if the price of shit coin goes down, then the price will be difficult to increase again, therefore investing in shit coin has a big risk for us to lose our money.
Activity: 116
Merit: 23
July 15, 2021, 10:00:47 PM
For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits.
Buying currency and holding it for a long time to make a profit is an idea shared by many investors. By analyzing market conditions and price trends, they invest in safer currencies and hold them for a long time. When the price rises, they will get high profits.In the holding process, when the currency price drops, you can choose to buy more, and you can make a profit when the price pulls back.
Activity: 122
Merit: 19
https://i.imgur.com/0cKROEC.png
July 15, 2021, 09:12:50 PM
I think everything needs to have a goal. For example, when you buy a coin, it can be a goal. Determine in advance how much you will buy and how much you will sell. If the coin falls below the target, you have to hold it. As long as it does not rise to the top. On the other hand, if the coin continues to rise, sell it at your specific target. If you come more, I would say it is wrong.los coin is better to hold the coins
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
July 15, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!
Most of the hodlers now in bitcoin and other altcoins are now millionaires, it is because most of them holds huge amounts of cryptocurrencies. But for those who only have a little amount maybe they also benefits from their holdings but not that much. Nowadays those who have much money to invest and much more holdings will surely gain large profits in the future once the value of their holding goes high.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
July 15, 2021, 02:28:30 PM
Yeh its absolutely right that holder only just get profit they even not get 1$  loss because they always buy at dip and hold for a 3 to 4 years and you know that after 3 to 4 years everything is not same all of real project which you hold has pump about 100% so the holder just get profit and profit.
I know holding any crypto for 3 to 4 years is very difficult but if you done  you will be get 100%
So I am trying to buy so top project coins and hold it for a long time.🤐😜
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
July 15, 2021, 11:19:17 AM
From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

I think you are right. If there are people who bought BTC at the beginning of its journey and are holding it now, then they probably have already made an incredibly large profit. I do not think that such a profit can be obtained by trading BTC, because when you trade you can both lose and earn, while you constantly need to monitor the market and information, and this is really very difficult. So I also think it's better to hold onto your cryptocurrency than to trade it.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
July 15, 2021, 11:04:00 AM

Holding certainly takes a long time to make a profit, and this is done for those who have more money, but with daily trading we can make big profits, there is definitely no guarantee that everyone can trade or hold depending on financial capacity.
In addition to financial ability, everyone also has their own strategy regarding trading,
and if we have coins like bitcoin and ethereum of course it's good to keep holding them,
because we know that almost every year they always go up and that is a long term asset
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
July 15, 2021, 10:12:13 AM
We know holding a coin until a bullrun occurs is exhausting, so our emotions are tested to survive. but not many people can do it, so they wish and regret it. therefore we must prepare ourselves to stick to our original goal, so that when floating plus we remain calm to achieve the target, and finally we get out before the peak is formed
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
July 15, 2021, 10:06:47 AM
Holders and traders have some differences and also have a similarities. I'd say they have difference since holders could've make us earn profits or lose, while in trading you are the one who sets your price on what you trade. Their similarities are that they may brought you profits and also they may brought you deficits.
So, which one would you like more? trade or hold coins?
we know everything is at risk. but everyone also knows how crypto assets around the world are the riskiest investment assets. but everyone likes it. because it can benefit from many things.

I myself changed my strategy following the market trend.
when in correction I will wait for the best price for me and buy some assets. long-term hold or short-term does not matter, it all depends on our analysis of each asset.
but when in bull momentum, I would prefer to trade following the market hype. it's a big risk but if we get the momentum that is always right, the profits will continue to flow for you.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
July 15, 2021, 09:49:25 AM
Holders and traders have some differences and also have a similarities. I'd say they have difference since holders could've make us earn profits or lose, while in trading you are the one who sets your price on what you trade. Their similarities are that they may brought you profits and also they may brought you deficits.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
June 24, 2021, 09:56:19 AM

What you say is right. I have been a HODLer all this while and I don't regret because HODLing has given me good profits.
But the recent dump changed my perspective. Bitcoin falling from $64k to $30k told me take profits use it to buy back when such corrections occur.
This increases overall gains in the long term. I think we should not sell all when the price is high but we should definitely sell some and take the profits so that we can buy back later.
This is the strategy which I will follow going forward.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
June 24, 2021, 09:22:39 AM

1. Take profits and wait for dips to buy back
2. Find other means of survival e.g jobs so that you can hold coins conveniently, some decide to sell their holdings too soon because they have no other source of income and they have to stay alive
3. Take risks with what you can afford to lose

1. What if dips do not come after you take profit What will you do? That means you will be out of trade and continue to watch price go up to your little profit taken?
2. Not everybody can find a job, and not every country has good employment plan with unemployment very high.
3. What if they can not afford to risk anything because they do not have anything at all? Cryptocurrency is not that easy to deal with whether as someone holding it or someone trading it.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 24, 2021, 08:05:37 AM
It depends on one's analytical skills. I must say holding is not always helpful in booking profit because some coins boom for some time then they diminish so one should always due diligence before holding. I would trust only old coins that are tested and surviving in the market. I can not gamble the new coins by holding for long-term unless the dev is super active and keep updating the community. It's easy to say buy in the dip but hardly very few traders able to do this. In the bearish trend, we should do partial buying rather than buying all at once if the market keeps dropping you can buy again so that the buying average of the coins will be reduced.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 24, 2021, 06:42:22 AM
Depends on what coin,
what time it was purchased,
how long it will be hodled

but when a long time hodler
in which they even supported its ICO up to hitting its highest peek
that is when a Long time Holder Really beat a Trader.
but since respectably they earn there money on their own ways,
its up to their own perspective
Well, holding coins is not always profitable. many people hold coins long term, but still get losses like coin scams, or something like that. however, if planning to hold the coin for the long term, always pay attention to what developments they make. other than that, I might recommend holding on to a popular altcoin if it's for a very long time.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
June 24, 2021, 04:49:51 AM
Holding and taking profit is the way everyone does it, most importantly being able to choose the right coin and potentially profitable for the short or long term in the satisfaction of taking profit.
we are all here hoping to make good profits with different ways and strategies, buying potentially profitable coins, doing analysis and holding them to sell them when the price has gone up or is profitable.
Absolutely, saving and holding potential coins is the only way to stay in the market and saves from losing our capital. It is a need to be smart and be wise in making a decision as the market is so tricky and in every mistake, we've done could lead to something regrettable.

However, the aim to make a huge profit in the crypto market makes some people becoming greedy. It happens that rich people used their money to manipulate the market for the sake of making a profit from the poor people. I saw the possible worst-case scenario in the future, were not only in a form of a volatile market but also a manipulated one.

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
June 24, 2021, 03:57:18 AM
In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!
It all depends on our strategy because some of us prefer to just hold until they reach their target price while others are taking profit in the process. Its really wise to take profit at times to enjoy some of our earnings but just like I said we have our own strategy that we think is effective and profitable. But one thing is for sure, if you became greedy you might missed the chance to earn for thinking that its not time yet even the price is already decent to sell.
It's true that everyone has their own strategy to make a profit and of course there's nothing wrong with that,
as long as the strategy can make a profit why not use it,
When holding back, we really need to be patient and control our emotions because if we don't, we have the potential to lose money
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 23, 2021, 07:57:27 PM
Holding and taking profit is the way everyone does it, most importantly being able to choose the right coin and potentially profitable for the short or long term in the satisfaction of taking profit.
we are all here hoping to make good profits with different ways and strategies, buying potentially profitable coins, doing analysis and holding them to sell them when the price has gone up or is profitable.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
June 23, 2021, 07:03:57 PM
Holding for long term could be more lucrative if one is holding a good coin. Going through statistics, holding of good project is much more lucrative than trading. The wise move is to take profit at intervals when there's a pump on any coin you're holding. This would prevent the issues of missing out from the increase in value.

Every people have their own perspective in terms to gain profit. If you think holding is more profitable than trading, then you can hold as long as you want. If others prefer trading to gain more profit than holding, then let them be. It's all about our knowledge and patience if what is good and more profitable.
Holding will always be profitable if you happen to hold coins that have high potentials and that will grow more in the future. No matter how low the current price, it will have its own time to recover again. However, for traders who are good at their skills and are determined to make profits, even if the market price is quite hard to make profits, they will always find good ways to make profits even a small amount.

Holding and trading can still be profitable this time if you have your own skills and strategies to make it succeed. So it's our individual's choice where we can make at its best even if the market is still in bloodbath.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
June 23, 2021, 06:51:12 PM
~
I do long term and it has been a good choice for me and has been working. But this is not the same thing  with my friends that are into short term trading. Even at that, they are still making money from the market. So it hasn’t to do with a particular strategy, because if it was, then everybody would definitely chosen that strategy alone.
Each strategy has advantages and disadvantages. And you are right, each strategy has its advantages and disadvantages. the determinant is the ability and passion of the user. I prefer daytrading, profit a little but continue, if collected patiently then the results are also satisfactory. there are also my friends who don't like complicated things like analyzing the market every day, so they prefer to buy coins during ico or ido, waiting for a long time to reach the highest price.

In choosing a strategy, what we need to pay attention to is the risk. Don't just join because of fomo, don't buy randomly because you panic or join in. know whatever you are going to invest in, it's the best strategy to avoid the risk of loss.
Pages:
Jump to: