Pages:
Author

Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc - page 68. (Read 62760 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
October 20, 2016, 01:04:50 AM

In dollar (US) value, I hold about 20 times as much gold as I do Bitcoin.  I do like them both, but they are different assets with different characteristics.  Holding gold and BTC is not an "either or" deal.  In fact, diversification in holding both is a good idea.

I hold a lot of gold because I value safety for a large part of what I own.

Bitcoin has other positive features that I like, but my holdings will never get large.*

* Unless BTC gets to $50,000 each...   Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 19, 2016, 09:55:31 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
They are both good by holding long and short term they are the same that price getting down and up. So its better to have that both gold is for a long term and bitcoin can you hold it in a short term. But bitcoin is fastest grown the price so we get profit in short time. Gold is smooth to grow the price.

They are indeed both good but I prefer holding the bitcoin because it has a great future and its also that you can do it for more terms, it can be profitable on a short term too with gold this is not the point.

Yeah, and besides in terms or security. Bitcoin is more secure than gold because it is in the crypto world. There is much less risk of having it stolen because we all know that if people know that you are storing for about a high amount of gold. They may plan to steal it because it has a high value. Not in bitcoin because it is more private. You are the only one who know how much you are holding or what amount is that. So it is more secure and private to hold bitcoin.

In terms of pricing. I think they are equal because both of them are fluctuating prices so its up to you what do you want to keep as an investment
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 19, 2016, 09:44:12 PM
Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
They are both good by holding long and short term they are the same that price getting down and up. So its better to have that both gold is for a long term and bitcoin can you hold it in a short term. But bitcoin is fastest grown the price so we get profit in short time. Gold is smooth to grow the price.

They are indeed both good but I prefer holding the bitcoin because it has a great future and its also that you can do it for more terms, it can be profitable on a short term too with gold this is not the point.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
October 19, 2016, 09:02:57 PM
Activity: 700
Merit: 565
October 19, 2016, 06:17:05 PM
long time
iam preferer hold gold
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 19, 2016, 06:16:19 PM
I do believe bitcoin will get a huge investment into the future as bitcoin does have now. Bitcoin for me its the same as gold i do believe it has turned into the gold digital, and the next years will show a bit of the huge potencial that bitcoins does have.
Activity: 448
October 19, 2016, 05:35:11 PM
I would always choose bitcoin of gold and everything because bitcoin is what I am familiar with and what I trust because I have been making use of it for some time.
I do not know much about gold maybe that I am going to do some research about it.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
October 19, 2016, 01:30:27 PM
I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.

Holding of bitcoin can be more profitable in compare to holding gold, as we know that bitcoin has an ability to reach to the moon in future which is never possible with gold.
Yeah its more good to hold bitcoin since bitcoin has a good movement of the price unlike gold that it takes year before you can see the price movement..
So i will stay in bitcoin if giving me a chance to choose to gold or bitoin and i already use bitcoins other benefits so bitcoin is a good to hold for a long time that you can use also to buy some thing online..
Activity: 672
October 19, 2016, 01:17:18 PM
Gold has been around for almost centuries now while bitcoin is too new in the world, and the users base or the market cap of gold is really huge that the one of bitcoin is nothing in front of it, bitcoin still needs a lot of time to spend so that it may complete 10% of users that gold has.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
October 19, 2016, 01:12:50 PM
I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.

Holding of bitcoin can be more profitable in compare to holding gold, as we know that bitcoin has an ability to reach to the moon in future which is never possible with gold.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
October 19, 2016, 12:04:48 PM
i will like to hold bitcoin, holding of gold is good only for keeping money safe, but bitcoin is good both for saving money in safe place and also for increasing your money, therefore i will like to go with bitcoins.
Activity: 406
October 19, 2016, 10:54:19 AM
Activity: 280
October 17, 2016, 07:25:02 AM
From what I know is that it is better to hold on to Bitcoin because the value of gold is stable for to long to many times and I am not the guy that likes to wait.
With Bitcoin you will also have to wait a long time but not as long with gold.

both of them are good, and since nobody is forcing you to be holding just one, you can easily invest in two or more things and by doing this you can diversify and make your future profits guaranteed with the least amount of risk.
Yes diversification will surely minimize your risks and both of them are good as an investment, bitcoin can give good profits in short term and gold will take care in long term.

I also do not like to wait, and so investirub in Bitcoin. But part of the money it is better to invest in gold. Not in order to get a high income, but in order to save your money
Activity: 840
October 17, 2016, 05:51:39 AM
From what I know is that it is better to hold on to Bitcoin because the value of gold is stable for to long to many times and I am not the guy that likes to wait.

both of them are good, and since nobody is forcing you to be holding just one, you can easily invest in two or more things and by doing this you can diversify and make your future profits guaranteed with the least amount of risk.
Yes diversification will surely minimize your risks and both of them are good as an investment, bitcoin can give good profits in short term and gold will take care in long term.
Activity: 336
October 17, 2016, 05:26:46 AM
i will choose the option which is more better is bitcoin holding . because the best option bitcoin instead of gold is due to it speedly increases price .
but we should always be careful that we have saved our private key safely and maded backup .
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
October 17, 2016, 05:13:08 AM

Activity: 370
Forza Italia
October 17, 2016, 05:03:08 AM
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
June 25, 2016, 11:39:44 AM
Now is good to have both,gold is very safe and bitcoin more risky and crazy with high return possibility
financial crisis just begin so both will rise
Activity: 868
June 25, 2016, 11:29:15 AM
Lol gold users spanning the globe. all people of the world already knew what it was gold. and bitcoin will take a long time to be famous like gold. and it probably will require several decades. for the number of users I think it will be difficult for bitcoin to match the gold. all about the length of time

Exactly gold exists since long time and it has gained trust from the people, and everyone is satisfied with the profits that they have earned till date and same doesn't goes with bitcoin at a moment.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
June 25, 2016, 11:19:00 AM
Lol gold users spanning the globe. all people of the world already knew what it was gold. and bitcoin will take a long time to be famous like gold. and it probably will require several decades. for the number of users I think it will be difficult for bitcoin to match the gold. all about the length of time
Pages:
Jump to: