Pages:
Author

Topic: Holidays on the moon will be possible in a DECADE - but... - page 2. (Read 1335 times)

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Here is a fact sheet about the FAA review: https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20595

I agree that the moon would probably be a boring place to visit.
The only reason to go is just to say you did it.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
And what is so special about the moon? There are some places on Earth that would blow anyone's mind other than going to a flat grey non-lively ground with no modernity at all. If I want to live the experiment, I could simply get a 3D/digital TV and watch any moon expedition.

Oh, the wealthy are simply looking for a place to go, so that when the crash comes, they won't get executed by the masses, simply for being rich.

Cool
Oh, I got your point Grin Grin Grin Grin.

You mean sort of like that movie The Purge?
The last one Election year was my favorite. Cheesy
Totally awesome  Cheesy Cheesy.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
And what is so special about the moon? There are some places on Earth that would blow anyone's mind other than going to a flat grey non-lively ground with no modernity at all. If I want to live the experiment, I could simply get a 3D/digital TV and watch any moon expedition.

Oh, the wealthy are simply looking for a place to go, so that when the crash comes, they won't get executed by the masses, simply for being rich.

Cool

You mean sort of like that movie The Purge?
The last one Election year was my favorite. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373

Cool
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
If it is to be done then Richard Branson will make it possible.
Isn't he one of inventor's of the first passenger rockets that will be going there or another planet in a decade anyways? Undecided
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
legendary
In 10 years, $10,000 may have inflated to $20,000. But, there are many people who can afford this, one time.

Cool

EDIT: Note that the original article says pounds, not even euros. The European Union and euros will be gone long before 10 years is up. If the coming economic crash (that has been predicted for decades, so who knows if it will come) is big enough, the whole space program and everything else might be down by then. We might be back to primitive living, just learning how to barter with gold and silver again.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
well rich people will be able afford such trips .we are common middle class people .cant earn so much .well i dont think it will be a pleasent trip at all .rather i would go to a beach and take some rest in some luxurious hotel which is far more better i guess.
legendary
Holidays on the moon will be possible in a DECADE - but a ticket will cost you £8000

Moon Express is a private company that wants to start offering trips to the moon for £8,000 a ticket.

The company was founded in 2010 by billionaire entrepreneur Naveen Jain and is planning to launch its first unmanned orbital mission next year.

Eventually, it hopes to be sending people to the moon by 2026. So far, Moon Express is the only private company to be granted permission (under US law) to leave Earth and land on the moon. It was given the go-ahead by the US Federal Aviation Administration in August in a move that could open up the space race to new levels.

Read more at http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/holidays-moon-possible-decade-ticket-9394296.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: