Pages:
Author

Topic: Homes On Wheels? Self Drive Vehicles Will Change How We Live & Dwell? - page 2. (Read 946 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
I spent about 2 months in a motorhome last year, and I clearly do not want an autonomous vehicle. Actually, that's the last thing I want, considering that being on a motorhome means freedom, living without a fixed schedule, nor a clear destination. I drive, I see something I like, I stop. Living in a motorhome isn't about going from one destination to another, it's about driving. Last Spring I chose the direction, which was Southern Italy, but nothing was planned, and without any more precision.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Ok so got a wild theory maybe....

Apparently first self drive vehicles will be available for purchase in 2020, not very long away.

Another trend i see increasing is people who want to live on wheels (for freedom/cheapness/travel etc).  Living in vans, caravans, RVs, motorhomes.  Living in the same place for many years is just fucking boring lets face it.  

Up to now, if you live on wheels then where to stay the night can sometimes be tricky, imagine how self drive will change this, it seems to have many advantages, safety and not having to pay to stay anywhere ever since you could always be moving.  Great for travelling over night if you like to see the world.

If my theory is right this wont be good for property prices either, i know where i live in UK the property price are pumped and the system trys very hard to keep people stuck into buying houses.

Thanks for listening.
Pages:
Jump to: