Pages:
Author

Topic: Honest Coin Initiative -- fighting the shitcoin insurgency - page 3. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
Too late, market is flooded.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
With the recent wave of scam coins I've realize that if I want to see any new, unique, non-scam coins, I'll have to create them myself or with the help of others.  What I propose is to form a group dedicated to releasing a series of novel cryptocurrencies in an honest fashion.  That means:

- no scrypt coins
- no IPOs
- no premining
- no instamining
- each coin must do *something* new and interesting
- must use our primary pseudonyms
- each coin launch will be subject to review, and any member caught skirting the rules will be kicked out
- under no circumstance will any member ever benefit from a coin launch beyond what they themselves can mine

I'm new to coin development but have a decent amount of software engineering experience.  I'm looking for other devs, graphic designers, promoters, and of course miners.  I want to work in a group that produces coins to be proud of, and I want miners to see the 'Honest Coin Initiative' logo and say 'I'm mining that coin!'.  

So, who's with me?

Edit:

Please review the first coin proposal under the HCI: ReactiveCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557428.new#new
Pages:
Jump to: