Pages:
Author

Topic: How 1BTC can eventually be worth $11M - page 4. (Read 7642 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 254
From The New World
January 10, 2016, 01:14:28 AM
I think it will be around 650, but 2107 it will be in the price range of around $1200 usd. Majority of the panic sellers have thinned out and a stable price per year will be more beneficial for long term growth. I am not expert its just guessing because Bitcoin really fluctuates against world economy and after watching big short I think another economic disaster is in the works by the Big Banks.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 09, 2016, 07:57:15 AM
if the bitcoin block halves, demand remains the same, then the price of bitcoin doubles every 4 years, probably the price of bitcoin could reach at least 10 million (normally) within 60 years. if the demand doubles, then the price quadruples.  Huh i am not sure if it would happen.

When do you people stop spreading the halving will double the price bullshit?

New supply will halve, not total supply. There for price will not double, but a slight rise is possible due to less new coins on sale.

actually it's not a bullshit, the price already went 2x, from 230, so you see it has a reason

keep this in mind, the miners will make everything in their hands to have the same profit they had the last year the year before and so on

so if in the year 2013, they had a margin profit of x, the price need to increase by a y amount to compensate
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
January 09, 2016, 05:51:40 AM
if the bitcoin block halves, demand remains the same, then the price of bitcoin doubles every 4 years, probably the price of bitcoin could reach at least 10 million (normally) within 60 years. if the demand doubles, then the price quadruples.  Huh i am not sure if it would happen.

New supply will halve, not total supply. There for price will not double, but a slight rise is possible due to less new coins on sale.

Exactly. New bitcoins will just be added slower to the total amount of available coins. It's out of any logic that the price will double. I wish people would stop with this stupid hype.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
January 09, 2016, 05:12:38 AM
if the bitcoin block halves, demand remains the same, then the price of bitcoin doubles every 4 years, probably the price of bitcoin could reach at least 10 million (normally) within 60 years. if the demand doubles, then the price quadruples.  Huh i am not sure if it would happen.

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours
January 09, 2016, 05:10:33 AM
Well that is long for me, I think in year 2040 is a good year to have at least with 1 bitcoin to 1 million.
In year 2100 I will just want to retire and just chilling doing nothing and sleeping. That is also why I started bitcoin in first place.
You can retire with bitcoin, because the value of it every year can go up.

Sleeping in your coffin?

Bitcoin won't be a global currency. There are only 21 million coins, and nearly 7.5 billion people. One person would have around 0.003 BTC each. I currently hold 4 BTC, which is alot more. And think of all the bitcoin in the early adopters wallets, thousands. And also think of the thousands of lost coins. Bitcoin will not become a global currency.

The 21 million cap could be altered with a protocol upgrade if there is consensus.  There are more than "21 million coins", if you consider satoshi or bits coins.  Lets say one satoshi is one coin: 2.100.000.000.000.000 coins

No need to alter anything. If there's demand, price simply adjusts accordingly.

We can add a few more digits in the next century if bitcoin is still a popular currency used by most people.

or other blockchain / coins could become a "partner" during trade...
For example, Company/Nation A create their coin but the value is backed by btc!
I dream A world like this one, stop fiat, only crypto! Wink
Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
January 09, 2016, 05:06:06 AM
Well that is long for me, I think in year 2040 is a good year to have at least with 1 bitcoin to 1 million.
In year 2100 I will just want to retire and just chilling doing nothing and sleeping. That is also why I started bitcoin in first place.

Sleeping in your coffin?

Bitcoin won't be a global currency. There are only 21 million coins, and nearly 7.5 billion people. One person would have around 0.003 BTC each. I currently hold 4 BTC, which is alot more. And think of all the bitcoin in the early adopters wallets, thousands. And also think of the thousands of lost coins. Bitcoin will not become a global currency.

The 21 million cap could be altered with a protocol upgrade if there is consensus.  There are more than "21 million coins", if you consider satoshi or bits coins.  Lets say one satoshi is one coin: 2.100.000.000.000.000 coins

We can add a few more digits in the next century if bitcoin is still a popular currency used by most people.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
January 08, 2016, 04:38:32 PM
11 Million worth for 1 bitcoin is just to much I don't think that ever will happen as max I think it can go to 10.000 dollar.
I don't spec that high but still the price now I am happy with it.

I think it's possible for bitcoin to reach this but not in this lifetime. Our generation of bitcoin users won't live this long to see this happen.
For this to happen a lot of demand would need to come from the bitcoin community since supply is very limited.

Yeah it will be possible. But I see that it won't happen I think.
11 million is just to much and there is a lot of people having 1 bitcoin.
We will see if ever this happen.

We won't be able to see this day come.

The whole world would need to adapt to bitcoin for 1 btc to be worth 11 million

I think even if the whole world adopt bitcoin, the price will not increase much. The basic thing that cause changes in price is the need for the bitcoins among different communities and people round the globe.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035
Bitcoin accepted here
January 08, 2016, 11:51:07 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
January 08, 2016, 11:35:42 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

Activity: 420
January 08, 2016, 11:15:08 AM
11 Million worth for 1 bitcoin is just to much I don't think that ever will happen as max I think it can go to 10.000 dollar.

I think it's possible for bitcoin to reach this but not in this lifetime. Our generation of bitcoin users won't live this long to see this happen.
For this to happen a lot of demand would need to come from the bitcoin community since supply is very limited.

We won't be able to see this day come.

The whole world would need to adapt to bitcoin for 1 btc to be worth 11 million
Activity: 462
January 08, 2016, 10:59:43 AM

Activity: 448
January 08, 2016, 10:56:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1006
beware of your keys.
January 08, 2016, 08:49:46 AM
January 08, 2016, 05:27:40 AM
This will take years for bitcoin to get there.

I don't think this bitcoin generation will be alive to see this happen.

I do not agree with you. If the bitcoin price rises 30% a year, in 30 years, it will rise to $11 million dollars. I am still young to see the price.

So do you think that in 30 years people will be a millionaire that is a lot of people what we are talking about.
I don't really see a 11 million dollars for just 1 bitcoin is just to much to handle.
Maybe I can be wrong and that can happen, but we need to see the reality for the price of bitcoin.
January 08, 2016, 05:23:59 AM

I do not agree with you. If the bitcoin price rises 30% a year, in 30 years, it will rise to $11 million dollars. I am still young to see the price.
Activity: 420
January 07, 2016, 05:53:31 AM
I think this will really just depends on how much of a demand there is for bitcoin.

More demand means more supply is needed, in this case, supply of bitcoin is very limitited.

Therefore, bitcoin price will go up.
Activity: 448
January 07, 2016, 05:44:12 AM

January 07, 2016, 05:30:38 AM
January 07, 2016, 05:25:47 AM

Sleeping in your coffin?

When bitcoin is used as a currency and can be used to pay tax, then the bitcoin wealth will be redistributed. Those with lots of bitcoin can spend it or invest it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 06, 2016, 06:49:06 PM
Such optimistic scenario lacks of logical arguments to justify the future hegemony of Bitcoin as the only valuable option to carry out all the economic transactions of the world. I also would like to be  optimistic but our human race is still so far of reaching agreements of that magnitude and we will preserve our atavistic usages for ever.
Pages:
Jump to: