Pages:
Author

Topic: How About Bitcointalk raise Money in BTC to Donate on fight against Coronavirus - page 3. (Read 477 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
Why wait for Theymos or this community?

We can do our share by donating, lots of organizations are readily accepting crypto as donations already.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
This would be a great initiative on the part of the crypto community. Also, we can take advantage of this to increase the exposure of bitcoin and the whole blockchain technology because i am sure people would be asking what crypto is and how it came into existence. Also, these donations are going to help the people who are in need of funds to take care of themselves in times like these.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
There's very little chance that theymos will be interested in doing this, it's simply not in his style, and if you check his recent post history, he doesn't think that this pandemic is actually serious. And if someone wants to donate Bitcoin, some big organizations already started receiving Bitcoin donations. I don't think that the virus should be viewed as an opportunity to get good publicity, this is what (some) politicians do, and we should be better than them.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
Supposed to say that theymos did collect some donation to help fight the pandemic, on what organization do you think we need to send it to? WHO? CDC? Italy? Accumulating of funds isn't really the problem here, it's the one where you send it too. And these organizations does not always accept donations all of a sudden just because someone is willing to give them. I know a lot of us is in the spirit of giving and helping and I don't think money is always the solution on problems like this one. Just by staying at home and observing social distancing can be a big help for your country to reduce the spread. Us intervening right now is the last thing they want us to do.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
But how can you be sure that the donations will be utilized to reach the appropriate and affected countries and patients?
Or maybe a member or members can be involved with WHO in collaboration to ensure it is utilized well to the target groups and to rehabilitate affected country.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
Your idea isn't bad, but most likely theymos (admin) isn't going to raise money for donations. Probably he will not involved with any kind of fund related matter on forum. There is so many reason and that's why admins never hold users fund. But I believe forum have enough fund (raised from donations, forum ads auction & fees) to donate for most effected countries. But question is, will government accept bitcoin donations? If not then nothing can be done. If government accept bitcoin donations then it will be a positive move for whole bitcoin community. But don't expect raise funds from community via forum admin.
I also don't expect that theymos would start collecting money. But maybe one or few trusted Bitcointalk members could start such initiative. I don't know how much money here on Bitcointalk we can collect, probably not that much, but I think even small donation matters in this situation. And yeah, I doubt that governments would accept Bitcoin donations. But maybe we can donate through charity organisations, there are some which accept Bitcoin.
Activity: 235
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
Very laudable idea, the Covid-19 pandemic has become a global  fight for everyone. We are all at risk irrespective of the part of the world where one resides. I believe if there is a way where bitcointalk as a community can raise funds through donations to support in a way to fight this virus, it would really help. However there are challenges, how and where to spend the donations at the end of the day is a big issue.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
It's a good idea, we pray against lockdown in Nigeria, otherwise, people are going to die more from hunger than the virus itself due to past years of government failure and treasury looting in the oil-rich West Africa nation. I doubt Theymos will be interested in this suggestion, he leads an anonymous life, so he wants to keep his reputation intact.
Activity: 79
Merit: 3
Your idea isn't bad, but most likely theymos (admin) isn't going to raise money for donations. Probably he will not involved with any kind of fund related matter on forum. There is so many reason and that's why admins never hold users fund. But I believe forum have enough fund (raised from donations, forum ads auction & fees) to donate for most effected countries. But question is, will government accept bitcoin donations? If not then nothing can be done. If government accept bitcoin donations then it will be a positive move for whole bitcoin community. But don't expect raise funds from community via forum admin.

I also see the challenge from the governments, and sure we have a long way to go for them to accept bitcoin but I believe this is one among the best move to get new people whose later will influence many governments 
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
Activity: 79
Merit: 3
As you Can See from different World News people are dying By Covid19, And Despite the Success of china against it, but the world must come together to fight as the world problem. As an Investor, entreperenur, and businessman in Crypto, I see Opportunity for the Bitcoin Community to show the power of it by the donation from the platform and let the world know about it, this will increase the number of people who will trust on Bitcoin and Crypto In general which we all need in order for the people to have financial freedom,

I suggest that it will be good if the platform itself (Bitcointalk) will provide BTC Address for that Donation to avoid theft or unrated address from unknown and after Contribute enough the transaction of exchange to get tools for help have to be done from those stores which accept Bitcoin, that help will be for the currently most affected country/countries

I Belive the Community will help and Understand 
Pages:
Jump to: