Pages:
Author

Topic: How am I supposed to get over the anxiety and depression involved in all this? - page 2. (Read 953 times)

legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012
1) I'm not sure if I believe your story

2) Hire a data recovery professional to try to retrieve your wallet data

3) Try to get a job (if you're currently jobless)

4) It's never too late to buy BTC
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I was an early adopter. I never used the Silkroad or anything like that. I just liked collecting odd things. I bought 50 btc from a friend back in 2011 and just kept them in a private wallet since.
Well that Hard drive is now dead. I've been sporadically trying for years to get it to work. I'm at a total loss here. The market is at an all time high, and Im not sure another bear market is coming back.
I never had money to invest in this in the first place. But what little I did have I would throw into MTGOX (lol) and lost that shit too. After the GOX incident I took a couple years off of cryptos. I still had my private wallet I thought, until I went to retrieve it in 2015 and my hard drive was compromised somehow. I have 5 mill RDD/ 5 mill DOGE and 50 btc on that drive.
 Now it's at an all time high again and I am still broke. What am I doing wrong? 

Damn, that's $164,000 right now... but yeah, you definitely fucked up big time by saving your wallet on a hardrive and that's about. You should have tons of backups. The more money you have, the more backups and time you should invest in your backups and security.

I understand that back in 2011 it wasn't that much, but you should have seen the price grow enough for you to raise some alarms at the fact that you were holding that money on a single point of failure.

Does the hardrive make any noises when you boot the computer? Maybe you can send it to some of these forensic experts and they can recover it. I just hope that you put a password on the wallet, but im not sure if in 2011 the client allowed for passwords yet..
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
There are companies out there that specialize in data recovery. Take some spare cash and pay these people to retrieve the

information from that drive, if you cannot do it yourself. If you want to do it yourself, make sure you make a clone of the

drive, if it is readable. I have a harddrive docking station that does that with a click of a single button.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
What am I doing wrong? 

It seems obvious to me that what you are doing wrong is not making enough backups. I have backups in 3 different hardrives, 2 pendrives, and I even put some wallets on some floppy disk just for fun and to see if they will resist the test of time. The more places you save wallets the better.

What were you thinking to leave 50 BTC in a single place?

When did the hard drive failure happen?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I was an early adopter. I never used the Silkroad or anything like that. I just liked collecting odd things. I bought 50 btc from a friend back in 2011 and just kept them in a private wallet since.
Well that Hard drive is now dead. I've been sporadically trying for years to get it to work. I'm at a total loss here. The market is at an all time high, and Im not sure another bear market is coming back.
I never had money to invest in this in the first place. But what little I did have I would throw into MTGOX (lol) and lost that shit too. After the GOX incident I took a couple years off of cryptos. I still had my private wallet I thought, until I went to retrieve it in 2015 and my hard drive was compromised somehow. I have 5 mill RDD/ 5 mill DOGE and 50 btc on that drive.
 Now it's at an all time high again and I am still broke. What am I doing wrong? 
Pages:
Jump to: