Pages:
Author

Topic: How and/or why would anyone trust Anonymous Developers of Blockchains? - page 2. (Read 177 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
If the blockchain a currency or token is on is only as strong as it's developers, then what is the best way to really find out how to trust it before investing? Especially if the developers are anonymous?

Presumably you're not going to put money into closed source? If you do then you get all you deserve.

As for open source it's voluntary all the way down the line. A developer puts out code, miners run it, buyers buy their product. Everyone examines the code for viability. No one does anything with it if it's not good enough.

It doesn't matter who put the code out or what their name is. The only thing that counts for anything is the code itself.

If the code is shit then no one mines it and no one buys it. If an anon developer puts out shit code on an existing project then miners reject it and stick to the code that works, and more than likely a better developer picks it up.

That's the entire point of crypto.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Extensive research. That's pretty much it; and don't put all your money into one basket. Even though a project's developers are passionate and all that, a project can still fail. There's no project that's going to be successful with a 100% chance, and take note that you're investing in the blockchain industry, which is very very young and can simply just not reach mass adoption.

To answer your topic question though, it depends. If it's just a single developer, then no. Centralization is definitely not good. Anonymous developer(s) on the other hand, it depends.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
i have never done that tho, i mean investing in some coins made by anonymous developers. i just can't so i would love to hear others' opinions
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
If the blockchain a currency or token is on is only as strong as it's developers, then what is the best way to really find out how to trust it before investing? Especially if the developers are anonymous?
Pages:
Jump to: