Pages:
Author

Topic: How are people getting their Trade Information with everything so slow? - page 2. (Read 2493 times)

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Good.

Too much short-term scalping going on.

Hopefully a bunch of smallish cunts will get wiped and then retire from this.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
ClarkMoody isn't even loading for me anymore at all. Not Mt.Gox live. I see it's all going down, but I have no idea about anything. What are people using for data?

if you have Linux or Unix you might want to try this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ncurses-based-mtgox-live-monitor-and-trading-bot-framework-148462

it can be configured to use the plain old websockets protocol (ClarkMoody is connecting to MtGox using their newer (but more unreliable) socketio server)

I have had it running yesterday all the time and it did not disconnect me, I could watch the entire drama (the slow-motion replay of orders that were already 20 minutes old) from beginning to end.

Unfortunately being able to watch what is going on there won't help you with the giant order-lag on MtGox, if you want to place an order you will also need access to a time-machine to look 20 Minutes into the future to find the right price for your order at the time it will be activated.
Activity: 728
I use http://bitcoinity.org/markets quick price data and bitcoincharts (which seems to be down) for historical data and charting.

Just hit refresh once or twice and it works fine.
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
I use http://bitcoinity.org/markets quick price data and bitcoincharts (which seems to be down) for historical data and charting.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
...several relatively minor web companies (Wordpress, Namecheap etc) accepting btc.

Are you stuck in the age of AOL dial-up?  Wordpress is ranked in the top 25 websites in the world.  It's not exactly in a list of "minor web companies."

And Namecheap is in the top-1000. Not exactly minor either
Activity: 728
Just place your asks more than 1% higher than your sells when this happens
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ
Wrote my own bot that talks socket.io in C, and as an aside shows market depth and trade history.

Now writing one that talks FIX.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
...several relatively minor web companies (Wordpress, Namecheap etc) accepting btc.

Are you stuck in the age of AOL dial-up?  Wordpress is ranked in the top 25 websites in the world.  It's not exactly in a list of "minor web companies."
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
The interesting thing for me is that MtGox's Lag-o-meter fell from 10 minutes to under a minute as the price crawled up to $45.  Then there was another plunge and giant swing with lag above 5 minutes again.  Whoever is doing this is very deliberate about it and getting the results they want.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
loving this rocket ride! 

The volume on mtgox has been huge - my sense is that several large buyers have been coming in with about $2 to $3m/day accumulating in advance of the move to Silicon Valley Bank backing, when much larger sums will suddenly be much safer...

To answer your questions, though - try installing one of the bitcoin widgets on your smartphone... those are hitting mtgox API server for apps which is very responsive.    I'm probably going to develop my own version of a streaming ticker so some folks can use that --- it'll be focused on detecting volume and book balance spikes though, which is what I sometimes trade...

I may also wire up an audible monitor by resurrecting an old site of mine called quotezart.... hit me up if you're interested.

Activity: 215
Merit: 105
Poorer than I ought to be
This is exactly why those of us with bearish sentiments have been bearish.  Bitcoin is STILL not ready for prime time - yes it's come a long way since the 2011 novelty bubble, but the bullish sentiment that pervades this forum is WAY overexcited about several relatively minor web companies (Wordpress, Namecheap etc) accepting btc.  TBH there still isn't really that much you can do with btc that is actually EASIER than using fiat currency.  Yes, I know there are some specialized uses (SR and transfer of money across international borders with little to no fees) but otherwise btc is still a geek-niche.  Longterm, I expect btc or some other cryptocurrency with surpass fiat, but people were getting much much too excited IMHO.

Proper value is likely around $15-20USD currently, after an initial correction down to $8.50 or so.  Trust me, I've read the tea leaves and consulted the appropriate astrological charts or something...  ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
god this is stupid. You can't get any data, everything is like mud, nothing is accurate and gox doesn't respond. Seriously.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Looks like tomorrow might be a good day to buy. : )
legendary
I'm seeing 43.99 as last in a desktop app that pulls from gox.

Also not accurate. Sheez!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'm seeing 43.99 as last in a desktop app that pulls from gox.
legendary
ClarkMoody isn't even loading for me anymore at all. Not Mt.Gox live. I see it's all going down, but I have no idea about anything. What are people using for data?

I've got both running right now. Took a few refreshes though  Smiley

CM does't seem accurate. MtGox rate is different.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
I am currently using a willow rod. Lots of incense too, you can never have enough of it.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

I've got both running right now. Took a few refreshes though  Smiley
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: