Pages:
Author

Topic: how are the bitcoins distributed within the community? - page 2. (Read 1690 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Theres lists around showing populated addresses, but from there you can't really derive much.  The same person could own all the 10k addresses lying around.  I like to think that the system has naturally weaved large holders out and theres only a few people that have close to 100k or more.  If only 2-5 people.

But it really doesn't matter who has how many coins.  Being envious of someone else's riches is a waste of time.

Doesn't Satoshi own over 1M coins?

If he does, then he deserves them.  And I have a feeling he'd understand how to handle them without messing with the market.  I don't think they could be in better hands.

+1

good for you satoshi, may your wealth outshine the rothschilds

If he has 1 million coins or if anyone does then that is bad because it's inefficient.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
there was a recent poll of people holdings in this forum

link?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
there was a recent poll of people holdings in this forum
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Theres lists around showing populated addresses, but from there you can't really derive much.  The same person could own all the 10k addresses lying around.  I like to think that the system has naturally weaved large holders out and theres only a few people that have close to 100k or more.  If only 2-5 people.

But it really doesn't matter who has how many coins.  Being envious of someone else's riches is a waste of time.

no, my post is not about being envious. i am perfectly happy with everyone owning tons of them as long they were not stolen. everyone who has btc deserves them.
i would just like to know how evenly btc is distributed. bell curve ? but where is the peak ?

that would be a very interesting chart to see if it was possible to create it. unfortunately it isnt possible.
legendary

no, my post is not about being envious. i am perfectly happy with everyone owning tons of them as long they were not stolen. everyone who has btc deserves them.
i would just like to know how evenly btc is distributed. bell curve ? but where is the peak ?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

If he does, then he deserves them.  And I have a feeling he'd understand how to handle them without messing with the market.  I don't think they could be in better hands.

+1

good for you satoshi, may your wealth outshine the rothschilds
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer

Activity: 168

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer

Activity: 168
those 11 millions btc out so far: what is the distribution pattern?

are there guys with more than 100 k btc? how many ?

there must bei guys with 10 k btc, how many? more than 50 ?

how many guys carry 1 k btc ?

how much does the majority of owners have ? 100 to 500 btc ?

if one comes up with figures, please explain.
I've totally missed the boat if tons of people own 1k btc... I don't even hold half that :|
legendary
those 11 millions btc out so far: what is the distribution pattern?

are there guys with more than 100 k btc? how many ?

there must bei guys with 10 k btc, how many? more than 50 ?

how many guys carry 1 k btc ?

how much does the majority of owners have ? 100 to 500 btc ?

if one comes up with figures, please explain.
Pages:
Jump to: